Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECSF: Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm saying Bolts in 6.

Looking back at this thread, http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1846911 there are at least 31 board members who are satisfied. I would be one of them but now I want more.

I feel great that we advanced, but honestly, I want the F'ing Rangers now so bad. But we need to deal with the Habs first. I feel a little more confident now, but still am cautiously optimistic.

If we do lose, will be content for making the 2nd round, and I hope we at least make it a long series with a lot of effort and fight. The team will have grown, and little if any changes would need to be made next season. This is our group for at least the next year or so, imo.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Habs fan coming here with respect.

First of all, congratulations on beating the Red Wings. You guys were down 3-1 and weren't getting the usual hockey from your boys. That being said, huge comeback, huge goaltending performance.

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm really looking forward to this series. To be honest, I agree with Michel Therien's assessment that the habs are the underdog in this series.

If we look at the regular season, Tampa did not lose to Montreal once and trust me, it was a touchy subject in Montreal. Montreal, like Tampa, was in the running for the president's trophy, division title, conference etc. It was very alarming that the team couldn't pull out a single win against you guys. Why?

Well, for one, I love how Tampa plays the game. Great offensive talent, big strong defense and basically exciting hockey. They also don't goon it up and resort to any nonsense to try to win a game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't apologize for being a habs fan. I love my team. I'm just pleased that Montreal and Tampa are facing off because I think they are the 2 best teams for this series and let's be honest, last year's series did not reflect reality. The goal tending was suspect on your end and the Habs were pretty fortunate. This time around, Tampa is even better and Bishop appears to be healthy.

So best of luck and hope it's an entertaining clean series.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Habs fan coming here with respect.

First of all, congratulations on beating the Red Wings. You guys were down 3-1 and weren't getting the usual hockey from your boys. That being said, huge comeback, huge goaltending performance.

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm really looking forward to this series. To be honest, I agree with Michel Therien's assessment that the habs are the underdog in this series.

If we look at the regular season, Tampa did not lose to Montreal once and trust me, it was a touchy subject in Montreal. Montreal, like Tampa, was in the running for the president's trophy, division title, conference etc. It was very alarming that the team couldn't pull out a single win against you guys. Why?

Well, for one, I love how Tampa plays the game. Great offensive talent, big strong defense and basically exciting hockey. They also don't goon it up and resort to any nonsense to try to win a game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't apologize for being a habs fan. I love my team. I'm just pleased that Montreal and Tampa are facing off because I think they are the 2 best teams for this series and let's be honest, last year's series did not reflect reality. The goal tending was suspect on your end and the Habs were pretty fortunate. This time around, Tampa is even better and Bishop appears to be healthy.

This is the series we all wanted for. May the best team win.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

You're forgiven anyway.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Congrats from your florida cousins on the other side of the alley!! (yes I am a born ranger fan, but relocated to fort Lauderdale 20ya and have had panther seasons since.)

I might be blessed with a pair of tkts to come root for you guys ( I cant stand the habs they are awful fans when they visit us) , how is the parking situation? I wont have a pass, can you pay when you pull up?

Mods if you don't like this here feel free to move.

Cheers!

AG.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
I'm thinking Drouin is freed for this series with Morrow being scratched. Question is whether we go with 6 or 7 D. Would guess we would go with 6 D in Game 1 with Drouin and Brown in.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Love the obnoxious Habs fans. Will be that much sweeter when we beat them. Hedman isn't even a top 30 D, and can't even sniff Subban's jock. Habs' D is lightyears better than the Bolts...
Bold prediction: in this series, Hedman shows Subban what it means to be the best defensemen in the NHL.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
You're forgiven anyway.

I was 8 years old when I watched Roy beat everyone in 1986. We had, Chelios, Lemieux, Naslund, Bobby Smith, Larry Robinson, Bob Gainey, Roy in nets...I've been hooked ever since.

I realize the dynasty is over but the habs are getting closer to being real contenders and a few lucky bounces here and there and they might find themselves in a final. Who knows with parity these days.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
I'm thinking Drouin is freed for this series with Morrow being scratched. Question is whether we go with 6 or 7 D. Would guess we would go with 6 D in Game 1 with Drouin and Brown in.

Maybe there's a bias up here in Montreal but we thought it was a travesty that Drouin was sat in favor of Morrow.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Picked Bolts in 6, but have no certainty on that. This series will involve a lot of one-goal games, not a lot of separation. Montreal will trap, dump etc, and we'll have to use our speed to break through the NZ, to get to the slot. That's how simple it is 5 on 5. Also, if we go like 2 for 30 on the PP again, we might as well not even play the games. We won't steal this series with abymsal special teams.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Bolts in 7, this is going to be intense and a lot of fun. By the time it's over, we will thoroughly despise Habs fans and they will hate us.

To Habs fans in this thread. Thanks for being nice and your kind words. I'm also fairly sure that despite what I may say later, you do not in fact actually eat babies and most of you probably don't kick puppies.

Can it be tomorrow night now?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Picked Bolts in 6, but have no certainty on that. This series will involve a lot of one-goal games, not a lot of separation. Montreal will trap, dump etc, and we'll have to use our speed to break through the NZ, to get to the slot. That's how simple it is 5 on 5. Also, if we go like 2 for 30 on the PP again, we might as well not even play the games. We won't steal this series with abymsal special teams.

Lucky for us, Montreal's PP is arguably worse.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Congrats from your florida cousins on the other side of the alley!! (yes I am a born ranger fan, but relocated to fort Lauderdale 20ya and have had panther seasons since.)

I might be blessed with a pair of tkts to come root for you guys ( I cant stand the habs they are awful fans when they visit us) , how is the parking situation? I wont have a pass, can you pay when you pull up?

Mods if you don't like this here feel free to move.

Cheers!

AG.

Bruins fan here coming in peace....I too would like the Lightning to shred the Scabs. Can't stand them for so many age old reasons. I hope that you guys get a fair shake from the officials but if you don't just know that it takes double the effort to beat Montreal and their 7th player: THE REF'S!
I picked Tampa in six.
Good Luck!:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad