Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECQF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
TV wise Sun could pick up games 1,3, and 4. NBC has exclusive rights to the games they pick to broadcast over the air.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
What is the injury situation for the Wings? They scratched against Carolina:

DETROIT RED WINGS SCRATCHES
Justin Abdelkader
Erik Cole
Pavel Datsyuk
Jonas Gustavsson
Niklas Kronwall
Brendan Smith
Henrik Zetterberg

Which ones of these are truly injured and due to miss game 1?

GollyG

Apr 4, 2015
In a Storm Cloud
I'm just a lurker (usually stick to tweeting) popping in to say I'm so excited about this playoffs and I'm really looking forward to reading the GDT. You guys have gotten me through last year, this season and hopefully will get me through a long playoff run with your commentary. Go Bolts! :handclap:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
From http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=762781

"Barberio has the most experience and has done a good job of providing toughness" - in context of discussing our rookie defensemen - Witko / Nestea / Barbs.

My fav part was when they question if our young guys can keep things going until Sustr and Coburn comes back...I mean, Coburn was great but he unfortunatly didn't have the chance to play much before he got injured and Sustr is Sustr so they have already shown that the young guys can play and be effective and help us win, now I hope we get Coburn back soon since he have expereince we need.

I wish we could go with a 'd' that looks like:

Stralman - Hedman
Coburn - Garrison
Witkowski - Nesterov (I know that won't happen and they will keep Carle is but I would love to have Witkowski's physical play and Nesterov for his offense and on the PP)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've been impressed with Nesterov. Also scoring some goals recently. Sustr needs to stay out of the lineup , imo.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
From http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=762781

"Barberio has the most experience and has done a good job of providing toughness" - in context of discussing our rookie defensemen - Witko / Nestea / Barbs.

I don't remember ever hearing this:

Despite leading the NHL in goals scored, the power play has been inconsistent and is in the middle of the pack. The inconsistency has been frustrating to Stamkos, who has often questioned his teammates' efforts when the unit has struggled.

When did he ever do that? I call bs. He called out the PP in general, including himself. Didn't call out his teammates.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
What is the injury situation for the Wings? They scratched against Carolina:

DETROIT RED WINGS SCRATCHES
Justin Abdelkader
Erik Cole
Pavel Datsyuk
Jonas Gustavsson
Niklas Kronwall
Brendan Smith
Henrik Zetterberg

Which ones of these are truly injured and due to miss game 1?

Justin Abdelkader - Concussion, who knows...
Erik Cole - Out for season
Pavel Datsyuk - Playing on one leg, will play
Jonas Gustavsson - Likely out for season, Mrazek will be backup or 1B starter
Niklas Kronwall - Maintenance day (will play)
Brendan Smith - Likely healthy scratch (Marchenko will probably start in his place in Game 1)
Henrik Zetterberg - Hasn't looked 100% the 2nd half of season, will play

Not sure of the health of TBL, but Detroit Red Wings are a little beat up right now

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think/want 5, but I have a weird feeling it will go to 6.

Stamkos was pretty hot in our dissapointing first round last year, I say he picks up where he left off and really leads the team. I can't wait to see Bishop play, he always steps up in big game situations and he's gonna be a a BEEEEAST!! very excited for playoffs :)

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Is it Thursday yet? I have a hockey game that night. I can't imagine myself missing the first night of playoffs. I may skip it.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I have trouble seeing any team beating us 4 times in 7 games. Not saying it can't be done, just think it'll take 4 perfect games to knock us out. I took Bolts in 5, but could easily go 6 or 7 games. Detroit is a good team with a lot of experience.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
TV wise Sun could pick up games 1,3, and 4. NBC has exclusive rights to the games they pick to broadcast over the air.

Weird thing Hoek is, SunSports shows the Rays vs Blue Jays on Thurs and FoxSports FL has the Marlins and Mets. So definitely looks like its CNBC only.

FoxSports FL's website even echoes the broadcast schedule, like its an acknowledgement they wont be broadcasting :dunno:

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/st...mpa-bay-lightning-vs-detroit-red-wings-041215

Weird. CW44? or Rick and Chief get the broadcast nod for Thurs on CNBC? Rick and Reaughzor? Confused as hell :amazed:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
In Tampa, and perhaps in the entire Central Florida region, Rays games are on Sun Sports and Marlins games are on Fox Sports Florida throughout the Spring and Summer, but if there are conflicts with Marlins games and Lightning games, then the Lightning games win out. Any non-NBC games are not exclusive national broadcasts; those games will be available with a local broadcast, and per Erlendsson, they will be on Fox Sports Florida.

I don't like the idea that the Lightning get "relegated" from their main network to the other network during the playoffs, but, whatever, that's how it works. But anywhere you see the Marlins, scratch it. That's not gonna happen unless, like briefly during Game 2 a year ago, some people behind the switches really screw things up.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
For someone who has no clue about how sports TV and contracts works in North America, will we get Rick?

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
In Tampa, and perhaps in the entire Central Florida region, Rays games are on Sun Sports and Marlins games are on Fox Sports Florida throughout the Spring and Summer, but if there are conflicts with Marlins games and Lightning games, then the Lightning games win out. Any non-NBC games are not exclusive national broadcasts; those games will be available with a local broadcast, and per Erlendsson, they will be on Fox Sports Florida.

I don't like the idea that the Lightning get "relegated" from their main network to the other network during the playoffs, but, whatever, that's how it works. But anywhere you see the Marlins, scratch it. That's not gonna happen unless, like briefly during Game 2 a year ago, some people behind the switches really screw things up.

Phew!

Oh, and KI... change your avatar! :laugh:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
For someone who has no clue about how sports TV and contracts works in North America, will we get Rick?

I'm not entirely sure how it works in Canada, but in the United States, regional broadcasts for each team are available for the first round of the playoffs. Regardless of what happens in this series, this will be the last few games Bobby Taylor calls for the Lightning as the color commentator. From round two and beyond, NBC has the exclusive national rights to all games.

In Canada, I'm not entirely sure because the Senators and Jets regional deals are with their respective TSN affiliate (TSN-3 serves Manitoba and TSN-5 was Ottawa's sub-station, IIRC). I don't know whether Rogers' does every game, R1 and beyond, nationally on English-speaking television or not. I do remember RDS was airing Canadiens games on French-language television into the ECF last year; I'm guessing that is no longer the case because Rogers also has a French-language feed that they've used this year when they've had Habs games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad