Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECQF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i hate this matchup my heart is bleeding in two my two teams i want to do well at all times just sucks fun to watch but we should be favored with the goaltending they are favored with experience.

is that simple we are the better team but i say 6 or 7 and we win will not be easy at all

i think we legit can win cup but not sure we are ready awful young and winning the cup is tough lol

no team scares me we can matchup with anyone we will see how it unfolds

we are legit but soo inexperienced so young etc.. not sure what to expect

think we win (would we then get montreal since in league?) think we beat montreal then ny then st louis and win the cup.

just my two cents but we are young

but look at the seahawks we are primed we got here a year earlier then i expected very happy see how this goes:)

we are winning a cup soon just not sure if do it out of gate:)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I picked Bolts in 7. I think we get caught off guard by a veteran team at first but then we find our legs and roll on.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
In this day and age almost any and all series at the NHL level can be winnable if played correctly and that's certainly the case here for us. If the Lightning youngsters can not let the bright lights stun them and they can play as well in the playoffs as they have in the regular season, I think we have a fantastic opportunity to win the series. Despite this Detroit IS NOT going to go down easily and they're probably the most perfect test for this young Lightning club in round 1 due to the solid mix of veteran players who have won the Cup and youngsters like Tatar and Nyquist who beat the likes of Palat and Johnson back in the Calder Cup Finals. It's important that the young Lightning don't get frustrated if Howard gets on a hot streak too.

The Wings DID NOT have a good end to their season and they're going to be out to prove themselves. I just hope the kids are ready for war.

Series SHOULD be Lightning in 6 due to Detroit's constant inconsistencies but inconsistency of our own can mean Detroit in 5 just as easily.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I expect big playoffs from Bishop. He's a guy who raises his game everytime the stakes get high and he has something to prove. He could easily be our MVP and we'll need him. Goalie is the single most improtant player on the team especially in the playoffs.

The key is to get a good start. We can't have a situation where we're down 2-0 after the first two home games. If we can take the first two games I'm really confident we'll take the series. Absolute minimum is to have the series tied after the first two. If we're trailing again we're going to be in big trouble.

I hope we take this in five games. Overall I think we're the stronger team but the Wings can beat us in a single game if it goes to seven games.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'll be at game two. I think we can take the wings down. I want the Sens to take out the Habs but also want us to get revenge in rd 2. Compromise. Sens take Habs to 7 and wear them out doing so only to come short. We take out the Habs in the second round. Then take out the Rangers in the ECF would be epic!

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Bolts in 5. I'll be at game 2, trying to by game 1 tickets now. I'm not a fan of the early game, we always suck at those.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'll be at game two. I think we can take the wings down. I want the Sens to take out the Habs but also want us to get revenge in rd 2. Compromise. Sens take Habs to 7 and wear them out doing so only to come short. We take out the Habs in the second round. Then take out the Rangers in the ECF would be epic!

I like your script!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Not scared of Detroit at all. Their top 6 can be a handful, but a (mostly) healthy D can match up with them. Their D is garbage, and neither Mrazek or Howard put the fear of God in me.

We outmatch them at every position. Should be a short series.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I have no idea how this will go, I hope we can keep our focus and go in ready for battle, if we do and if we play our game I don't see how we can't do well.

I'm a bit unhappy with the 3pm start on Saturday because this team have pretty much no expereince starting games early (as we saw the only game we did that which was also against DET and we got shutout) but I hope they learned from that and don't want to do it again.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'm glad we aren't doing our usual superstitious act of picking the Lightning to fail here, and you know why? Because it's a way of trying to hide from expectations, and that's a losers approach this time of the year. Tampa Bay is the favorite to win this series? They should be, and we should embrace that. It's by no means a guarantee that they will win this series; small sample sizes can produce unusual results and this team could also just capitulate in shocking ways to Detroit, who knows, but there's no reason to hide from Detroit here. We are all comfortable against them; we all think this team matches up well against them. My biggest area of concern in a head-to-head aspect is the fact that Detroit is one of the best shot-generating power plays in the league, so limiting power plays is going to be essential. However, the 5v5 game favors Tampa Bay here, the goaltending favors Tampa Bay even if just because we don't know which direction Detroit is leaning in (I'd lean Mrazek personally), and if the Lightning blueline can get healthy this week, I'd give them the edge there, too (Detroit's blueline is nothing special).

This favors Tampa Bay. I'm glad we embrace this.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Scheduling (TV) - Thanks to fellow mod Fenway for the find

east.jpg

Thursday 7:30: CNBC
Saturday 3PM: NBC
Tuesday 21st 7pm- NBCSN
Thursday 23rd 7pm - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.