Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - ECF: New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
It'd be nice if Cally can return for game 3, but I'm not sure we should truly expect it before game 4. Coop and Yzie won't want to rush him, as we're plenty deep upfront.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
yes! stamkos will own marty all series! shame I hope callahan can get back to play his old team!

There's a real possibility we won't even need to worry about Marty. Looks like he got benched. He only played 15 minutes tonight, and only 2:52 in the 3rd. He's not his normal, younger, playoff performing self right now.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Devils fan coming in peace.

Pens couldn't get it done.
Caps lul'd up the joint.

Please. Please Bolts. For my sanity, eliminate the ****ing New York Rangers.

Any room on the bandwagon?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
There's a real possibility we won't even need to worry about Marty. Looks like he got benched. He only played 15 minutes tonight, and only 2:52 in the 3rd. He's not his normal, younger, playoff performing self right now.

I hope he doesn't feel too disrespected :sarcasm:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/13/heres-your-2015-conference-finals-schedule/

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL MATCHUP

Saturday, May 16| 1 p.m.| Tampa Bay at NY Rangers| NBC, CBC, TVA Sports
Monday, May 18| 8 p.m.| Tampa Bay at NY Rangers| NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
Wednesday, May 20| 8 p.m.| NY Rangers at Tampa Bay| NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
Friday, May 22| 8 p.m.| NY Rangers at Tampa Bay| NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Sunday, May 24| 8 p.m.| Tampa Bay at NY Rangers| NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Tuesday, May 26| 8 p.m.| NY Rangers at Tampa Bay| NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Friday, May 29| 8 p.m.| Tampa Bay at NY Rangers| NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

he is dealing with a lower body injury! shame I really wanted callahan to crush marty into the boards!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Callahan had struggled in the last series only, but we now know he was sick. Read up on his condition, and he could of been suffering from symptoms for a week prior, llike Fatigue, lack of appetite, lack of energy, back pains, and etc, but then Monday it got worse and he had to be rushed to the hospital. I knew something was wrong, First game of the series he had like 8 SOG and looked great, then he went from night to day. We need him back healthy, and against his former team he should be in beast mode. Anyway, prove me right Cally, enter Hulk mode, and send these guys to the golf course early.

MSL's excuse is just father time. He is playing the top line because Zucc is out, he had been on the 3rd line prior to that. People say Cally and Stamkos have only little if any chemistry, Nash and MSL are like oil and water, lol

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
This is the matchup I was hoping for. So many storylines. So much media. Two great teams, and a bunch of great games aheads. Lets go.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I hope he doesn't feel too disrespected :sarcasm:

Not that it matters now but I heard what happened from a source close to the team. Yzerman really wanted him on the team but Babcock didn't want him. Yzerman fought hard and Babcock said if you put him on the team I won't play him. We know how that unfolded.

Then when Marty found out he wasn't on the initial roster he requested a trade and only to NY. We all know that. The day of the trade Yzerman, Cooper, and Vinik met with Marty and said they want him to retire a Lighting and Vinik offered him 5 mil dollars to Marty's charity. He refused and said he wanted to leave TB and only to NY.

Marty didn't find out how hard Yzerman fought to put him on the roster until after the trade. He indeed felt disrespected by Yzerman. And his family didn't want him in TB anymore. They agreed NY was the best place for them as it was close to his home, a better place he thought for their kids to play hockey and his wife loves NY.

The trade worked out because Yzerman is freakin wizard but this was interesting to me nonetheless. Now you see Marty getting very little playing time and there is talks about him not even being resigned this offseason if he requests "too much". He may be regretting his decision. Especially if TB wins the series and plays for the cup. But I don't want to get ahead of myself here. There is a best of seven series to be played and both teams want it badly. Lots of storylines between the teams. Should be a great series. GO BOLTS!!

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Well honestly I'm not very confident, NYR will be our biggest challenge so far in the post season by a solid margin. I fear it's their time to get the Cup. Let's have some fun though.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Please win guys..please. Tried to warn my gf from Tampa who will be rooting for the bolts in nyc this series. Hoping I got through to her regarding the severity of the classlessness amongst rag fans in this city. Just please win

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
I'm not confident at all.

I'm ****ing excited though.

Why the hell are you people not confident? You have an explosive young offense and solid defense with bishop playing well. Rags have good d and goaltending with a weak offense. You guys have an excellent shot and should be proud and confident god dammit

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yeah. I think this one gets ugly. Rangers in 5.

if we show up like game six vs montreal we sure can win this series! are trap at mid ice was insane last game! all year long I thought these were the best two eastern teams the lightning and the rangers. now we find out who is the best!

AK Bolt Fan

Jan 17, 2015
Chugiak, Alaska
Why the hell are you people not confident? You have an explosive young offense and solid defense with bishop playing well. Rags have good d and goaltending with a weak offense. You guys have an excellent shot and should be proud and confident god dammit

Put me in your corner. **** the Rags and MSL!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

if you have watched the lightning this playoffs most of are fanbase feel we have not played well in the playoffs.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Going deep against two teams we dominated in the regular season... Eh, I don't expect anything anymore. Both series were close but we didn't dominate like I expected. Tampa played Tampa hockey about three times out of 13 games so far. Hard to be terribly confident when we've been inconsistent.

Still, it's going to be a fun ride.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'm much more confident now than I have been at any point in the series. We're finding ways to win, no matter the circumstances.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The inconsistency due to our general inexperience is what makes me nervous about this series. Game 6 Tampa style would school NY in 5 games but it's impossible to know which team will show up. So let's keep a low profile and see what happens. Very proud of the playoffs run already, everything is a bonus now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad