Injury Report: 2014-15 Playoff injuries revealed: Bishop (groin tear), Johnson (broken right wrist)

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
If it was laparoscopic and the appendix did not burst, a return in a week is not impossible. I'll be happy if we can get him back by game 4 of next round; that'd be about 12ish days?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If it was laparoscopic and the appendix did not burst, a return in a week is not impossible. I'll be happy if we can get him back by game 4 of next round; that'd be about 12 days?

Think he will be back sooner. Just in time to face the Rangers. ;)

ECF doesn't start till this weekend.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Definitely would prefer him to skip a game or two and be sure of playing at 100%.

Dude, if we are playing the Rangers, he is going to want to get in there as soon as possible. The recovery time for this procedure is about 5 days, since he is like Wolverine, he could be back sooner.

He needs to redeem himself after the Montreal series, and what a better way to do it, against the team that dumped him.

Rangers will win tomorrow. It is just a matter of time.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If it was laparoscopic and the appendix did not burst, a return in a week is not impossible. I'll be happy if we can get him back by game 4 of next round; that'd be about 12ish days?

7 days is pushing it with that surgery I think he returns 10 or 12 days after that surgery. 2 weeks is the norm that you can return to normal work life style but hockey is not a normal work style. He has a chance at game 3 or 4

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Dude, if we are playing the Rangers, he is going to want to get in there as soon as possible. The recovery time for this procedure is about 5 days, since he is like Wolverine, he could be back sooner.

He needs to redeem himself after the Montreal series, and what a better way to do it, against the team that dumped him.

Rangers will win tomorrow. It is just a matter of time.

ya to go back to a desk job not play hockey 5 days later! have you ever had the surgery ? I have! 10-14 days is my best guess for his return.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I think thats possible with the pain meds they can give him. callahan plays a rough game blocks shots hits! I don't know how much of a impact he can be ?

When will game 3 be; Next Wednesday? That'd be 9 days of recovery. Game 4 on Friday would be 11 days. Game 5 would then be Sunday or Monday. 13-14 days. That's probably the longest it'll take him to get back.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
When will game 3 be; Next Wednesday? That'd be 9 days of recovery. Game 4 on Friday would be 11 days. Game 5 would then be Sunday or Monday. 13-14 days. That's probably the longest it'll take him to get back.

no need to play him on the road wait till the home games for games 3 and 4. after 9 days you can walk good jog a bit but your inside is still healing. It's about avoiding a hernia and his scars not getting busted open during a hockey game. after only 9 days there going to have to give him a pain killer to play. i'd say by sunday or monday he might try some light skating and practice with the red jersey. 9 days is fine for the movement but taking hits I really don't know ?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think thats possible with the pain meds they can give him. callahan plays a rough game blocks shots hits! I don't know how much of a impact he can be ?

Against the Rangers, likely be very effective. So an opportunity for him to play his ass off and get back up there will happen. Just needs to bring it.

Last edited:

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL
I read in the Times this morning that the Red Wings Jonathan Ericsson had an appendectomy during the 2009 playoffs and came back to play after three days. I'm hoping for Cally to return sooner rather than later.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I read in the Times this morning that the Red Wings Jonathan Ericsson had an appendectomy during the 2009 playoffs and came back to play after three days. I'm hoping for Cally to return sooner rather than later.

I really loved how the fans and players rallied around him. Was very impressed with that, I just hope he gets back and can be a major factor to us winning like he was in the Detroit series. Think the rest will do him good.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night

From his surgery Monday to game two next Monday is a full week. That's the very best case scenario IMO. Cally plays a very physically demanding game, you can't risk an internal rupture because we couldn't wait another 2 or 3 days.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I'm not worried about Cally's short term loss, we still have Drouin to fill the gap.

:banana:

Why would you play Drouin when there is #FreeJAM ?

FreeJam-223x223.jpg

Fred89

Jun 8, 2011
Milan
Callahan on the ice with regular jersey. What a beast!
Can't post the pic because Twitter is blocked on my corporate network!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
As soon as he found out he was playing his old team I'm sure he told himself he would be playing and would be ready. What a beast.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa

He looks like he's in some discomfort/pain.

I'd count him out Sat and in Monday for sure.

Whatever happens, I hope he doesn't push himself and have him play @ 50% with the possibility of injuring himself.

Just get healthy first and foremost, the boys can hold it down for him until then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad