Injury Report: 2014-15 Playoff injuries revealed: Bishop (groin tear), Johnson (broken right wrist)

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I am proud of our boys no matter what and the growing pains experienced this year will lead to the CUP next year! I still think we need to get a little more size on the bottom 6, a playmaker for Stamkos (possibly Drouin), and a power forward. Carle will probably be shipped out which I can live with. Nesty and Wit can step up if needed. Sign a cheap vet and lets win the cup! Be proud of this team for proving the doubters wrong and to the hockey world they are the real deal. Hawks sweep? BISH please. It takes courage for Johnson, Kuch, and Bishop to play with injuries like that.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Johnson only having a wrist injury was BS, there's no way you can look at him at Mon series and Rags/finals and say his skating was the same :(

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
It definitely was something else but it was also his wrist. I saw a picture of him with it in a removable cast or whatever it's called.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I was adamant that he had a broken rib at the least. Would explain why he couldn't bend to take faceoffs, take one timers, or skate properly.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'll be seeing Johnson in a few weeks at a local thing he does every summer. Hopefully he'll be back to 100% health by then but I'll let you guys know if he still has anything on his wrist or if he looks like he has any other lingering issues. Personally I don't believe it was just his wrist but he pretty much had to admit to that injury after he stopped taking faceoffs

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'll be seeing Johnson in a few weeks at a local thing he does every summer. Hopefully he'll be back to 100% health by then but I'll let you guys know if he still has anything on his wrist or if he looks like he has any other lingering issues. Personally I don't believe it was just his wrist but he pretty much had to admit to that injury after he stopped taking faceoffs

Guys were banged up, only guys that did not seem banged up were Killorn, Flip, Callahan, Paquette, and Brown. I think all of TKO was banged up even Palat, Stamkos was said to be injured, not sure I believe that, Boyle did not look right to me, and I think Johnson and Bishop has the most serious injuries on top of being banged up Especially Johnson who I think like you said had more then just the wrist, should be interesting if anything surfaces.. As per Morrow, he is just old and was pretty useless. lol.

It's interesting, we seemed to have injured D throughout the regular season , but our D group was actually healthy in these playoffs.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Guys were banged up, only guys that did not seem banged up were Killorn, Flip, Callahan, Paquette, and Brown. I think all of TKO was banged up even Palat, Stamkos was said to be injured, not sure I believe that, Boyle did not look right to me, and I think Johnson and Bishop has the most serious injuries on top of being banged up Especially Johnson who I think like you said had more then just the wrist, should be interesting if anything surfaces.. As per Morrow, he is just old and was pretty useless. lol.

It's interesting, we seemed to have injured D throughout the regular season , but our D group was actually healthy in these playoffs.

Yeah pretty much everyone looked rough by the end. I think someone said they tied the record for most games in a playoff run so it's not surprising that so many of them were banged up. I think the Stamkos line came out the best since I don't think any of them were hurt worse than being generally banged up unless Stamkos was hiding something. But like you I'm not too sure I buy that. "He was hurting" could apply to pretty much anyone by the end. I'm hoping that next year they can close out at least 2 series before a Game 6 to get more rest and recovery time. Also no more appendectomies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah pretty much everyone looked rough by the end. I think someone said they tied the record for most games in a playoff run so it's not surprising that so many of them were banged up. I think the Stamkos line came out the best since I don't think any of them were hurt worse than being generally banged up unless Stamkos was hiding something. But like you I'm not too sure I buy that. "He was hurting" could apply to pretty much anyone by the end. I'm hoping that next year they can close out at least 2 series before a Game 6 to get more rest and recovery time. Also no more appendectomies.

Lol yeah have to close out those series in less than 7 games, and yeah that appendicitis really hurt cally's play big time as did Johnson broken wrist in the finals. Top line was likely our healthiest line so no excuses really.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

paquette is just tough as hell he had both wrists hurt by blocking shots so he was seriously banged up lol

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
paquette is just tough as hell he had both wrists hurt by blocking shots so he was seriously banged up lol

Now that he's had an almost full season exposure to the game and demonstrated that he can play hurt in the SCF, I expect him to have an All Star year next season. Watch and see but the TKO line in addition to the Paq Attack will give us the 3 lines from hell other teams dread to face.

Once Drouin figures it out early next year, it will be 4 lines.:yo:

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Now that he's had an almost full season exposure to the game and demonstrated that he can play hurt in the SCF, I expect him to have an All Star year next season. Watch and see but the TKO line in addition to the Paq Attack will give us the 3 lines from hell other teams dread to face.

Once Drouin figures it out early next year, it will be 4 lines.:yo:

I think we're about to have a very, very serious year. Teams in the west and in the east now know to fear the lightning.

Paquette will be a solid 3rd liner. He has no place on the 1st/2nd line, not because he isn't skilled, but because we don't need him there.

Put him on the 3rd (or 4th even) and like you said, we've got 4 solid lines.

1 - Drouin/Stammer
2 - TKO
3 - Flip/Paq
4 - Boyle/*

GG NHL, GG :nod:

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Imagine if Gusev came over and played his "4th line year" in Morrow's spot.

I've only briefly seen his stats/videos, but he does seem promising.

But with this...

ziMEABh.png

Nope, he's staying in Russia. Hell I'm not even that good of a player but I've got decent muscle at 220, and one good body check... he'd die.

Imagine getting hit by a guy who's 230 in the NHL, that could honestly be career ending.

Give the kid some chicken and gain 30 pounds, then come over next year. :)

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I've only briefly seen his stats/videos, but he does seem promising.

But with this...

ziMEABh.png

Nope, he's staying in Russia. Hell I'm not even that good of a player but I've got decent muscle at 220, and one good body check... he'd die.

Imagine getting hit by a guy who's 230 in the NHL, that could honestly be career ending.

Give the kid some chicken and gain 30 pounds, then come over next year. :)
Patrick Kane weighted ~160 when he was drafted. Officially he's at 177 now.

Guys like Pastrnak, Byron or Gaudreau did pretty well with below 170 lbs this season though.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Patrick Kane weighted ~160 when he was drafted. Officially he's at 177 now.

Guys like Pastrnak, Byron or Gaudreau did pretty well with below 170 lbs this season though.

He was listed at 163 about four years ago.

I even checked his most recent weigh in, it said 164.

Needless to say, someone needs to give the guy some cheeseburgers before he comes and plays with the big boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->