Injury Report: 2014-15 Playoff injuries revealed: Bishop (groin tear), Johnson (broken right wrist)

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Looks like the surgery took about an hour, I don't know though if that's normal:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
That is so scary. Glad he got the surgery done and is apparently okay now. He'll be missed on the team but I hope he takes the time to fully heal before coming back. I had lapro surgery a couple of years ago and I was on my ass for about 2-3 weeks and then immediately tore my scar tissue by trying to lift something which took another couple of weeks to heal

Maybe they could try Drouin-Filppula-Stamkos ? Without Callahan we pretty much just have Boyle left as a physical forward. Luckily we're done with the DRW because they would have destroyed us. The Habs aren't very physical despite what NBC tries to say every time they sort of half hit someone.

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
Looks like the surgery took about an hour, I don't know though if that's normal:

That's pretty normal but even if the cut is on the small side, I believe 2-3 weeks out is unfortunately the minimum. I got mine operated when I was doing my military service but the cut was about 10-12 cm long, 3 stitches and sick leave of 2 months.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not too upset about this. He has been struggling this series. Could be back by the middle of next series. With the rest could be good. Callahan is Wolverine , yeah gets banged up often but always returns sooner than expected. Basically heals faster.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Looks like everything went well and now it's just about healing.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I know Cally is like superman when it comes to healing but even this seema bit close, he isn't 100% yet but even if he was close to it right away I still Think he should rest, but I guess Cooper want to keep hope alive (or not give the habs anything)...I do hope though that Cooper finds a way to use Cally missing for motivate the team though:

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Cooper has no idea what he's talking about. Yeah the incisions are tiny but there's all kinds of internal stitches that need to heal.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow so Cally is only basically day to day? This guy simply amazes me. Must of been a mild procedure. It's probably good he is resting was struggling this series and if we can advance will hit the reset button and a whole new series to look upon.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
This is not a big deal of a surgery, he should be good to go in a couple of weeks IMO.
He's not playing tonight, I assure you.
Drouin's chance to shine

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Had my appendix out. Could not walk for 2-3 days without severe pain. Took 2 weeks to fully recover.

I cant believe him playing is "undetermined" There is no way in hell he plays tonight! I would bet my house and car on it.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Had my appendix out. Could not walk for 2-3 days without severe pain. Took 2 weeks to fully recover.

I cant believe him playing is "undetermined" There is no way in hell he plays tonight! I would bet my house and car on it.

Yeah I think everyone here that's had laproscopic surgery is saying the same thing. I don't think it's even physical possible for someone to play professional hockey the day after surgery. I could barely get off the couch for a few days due to complete physical exhaustion and also being high out of my mind of painkillers. Cooper is either purposely downplaying it or he's a complete idiot who has no idea what he's talking about. I'm honestly not sure which it is anymore.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I had gallbladder removed in 2013 first two to 3 days you can't sit up walk good or bend over. About two weeks is the normal recovery. Callahan is a tough kid it would not surprise me to see him next series of we win.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yeah I think everyone here that's had laproscopic surgery is saying the same thing. I don't think it's even physical possible for someone to play professional hockey the day after surgery. I could barely get off the couch for a few days due to complete physical exhaustion and also being high out of my mind of painkillers. Cooper is either purposely downplaying it or he's a complete idiot who has no idea what he's talking about. I'm honestly not sure which it is anymore.
i know my doctor said two weeks rest and no lifting over 10 pounds for two weeks.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
This is a routine operation. Recovery times can vary for people, though.

Callahan has taken on a role that this team needs - providing physicality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad