Injury Report: 2014-15 Playoff injuries revealed: Bishop (groin tear), Johnson (broken right wrist)

uncleherman77

Feb 2, 2012
Not a lightning fan but feel I should reply since I just had this surgery a week ago, still sore but recovering. Recovery time I was told is usally 2-3 three weeks. Before I got it I was throwing up all the time, couldn't imagine playing hockey

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Not a lightning fan but feel I should reply since I just had this surgery a week ago, still sore but recovering. Recovery time I was told is usally 2-3 three weeks. Before I got it I was throwing up all the time, couldn't imagine playing hockey

I had gallbladder surgery in 2013 he is looking at at least 4 weeks out assuming it did not burst. callahan is a tough guy maybe 3 weeks.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Geez... poor Cally. Hate to see what Cooper puts in the blender for tomorrow.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
The Deadspin article mentions that Ericsson played after 3 days and Nick Schultz played after 5 days. So I'd guess he's done for the series and would be back for ECF if we miraculously make it in.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If I could edit that would say 5 games and not 5 days

it's normal recovery is 10 to 14 days or course playing ice hockey not really sure. Now if his stomach was cut open and not lap surgery it's longer. I think brad richardson played like 11 days after his surgery.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Poor guy, I guess with him that when he can avoid injury it has to be something else, I really wish him a speedy recovery.

Armada

Nov 21, 2013
From wikipedia:

*In 1994, the Canadiens were the defending champions but they were knocked out in the first round by the Boston Bruins. Nonetheless, that seven-game series was notable in the eyes of Montreal fans as Roy came down with appendicitis and missed Game 3. He convinced doctors to let him return for Game 4 and led the Canadiens to a 5–2 victory, stopping 39 shots.*

Callahan is no Roy :yo:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
From wikipedia:

*In 1994, the Canadiens were the defending champions but they were knocked out in the first round by the Boston Bruins. Nonetheless, that seven-game series was notable in the eyes of Montreal fans as Roy came down with appendicitis and missed Game 3. He convinced doctors to let him return for Game 4 and led the Canadiens to a 5–2 victory, stopping 39 shots.*

how many days was roy out ? i don't think it's possible to play after only 3 days or 4 days. or 2 days ?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
From wikipedia:

Roy developed early signs of appendicitis the day before Game 3 and remained in the hospital while backup Ron Tugnutt lost to the Bruins.

Roy's condition improved with treatment and medication and he was able to play in the series' final four games, giving outstanding performances in the first two, including 60 saves in Game 5. A team of doctors determined the surgery could be postponed until after the playoffs.

He did not have it removed! until the season was over big difference!

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
This is terrible for the team, but even worse for Ryan. I hope he heals up and is ready for a cup run next season. Win it for Cally! Drouins time to shine? Is it 91-27 Time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad