2014-15 Official Rant Thread

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
This team

First of all congrats of the first win of the season Panthers.

But I wanted to say something different.

I love the Panthers. I watched them as kid in the 90s. I remember the Panther flags being flown from cars back in 1996. I remember Pavel Bure re-energizing us in 1999.

I also remember thinking that if they didn't make the playoffs in the 2011-2012 season then I would stop following them permanently. They proved me wrong and probably everyone else.

I went to Game 2 of the playoffs against NJD. They won and we were throwing rats and waving towels. It was amazing.

But now I just can't watch them anymore. I can't watch a team lose so much. They have been bad since 1997-1998. It's awful to watch.

So I love the Panthers. I don't want to see them move. But if they moved it wouldn't hurt that bad too me. Maybe at first it would. But it's not like South Florida talks about them anyway. They are just there. A team we have. That we don't pay attention to.

So I want to see them win of course but whatever happens. Happens.

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
I didn't watch the game. I was at work.

But I know this team too well. 3 loses to start the season? Signs of a bad team. Sorry.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
I disagree with your opinion, and I disagree with it being posted here. Not your personal blog.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
What I don't get is the jumping of the gun this season in particular. It's been 4 games...and this was posted after a win.:laugh:

I'm with you, haha. They look much improved from last year. They're going hard every game, play good defense, and are getting great goaltending from Luongo. Aside from his miserable first period against New Jersey, I think this team has looked pretty good. They're poor on the offensive end right now, but that should improve.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm with you, haha. They look much improved from last year. They're going hard every game, play good defense, and are getting great goaltending from Luongo. Aside from his miserable first period against New Jersey, I think this team has looked pretty good. They're poor on the offensive end right now, but that should improve.

We really haven't played that badly at all. And we're getting better. It may take awhile for some of our forwards to work out their kinks, but I'm satisfied with the effort in general.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
First of all congrats of the first win of the season Panthers.

But I wanted to say something different.

I love the Panthers. I watched them as kid in the 90s. I remember the Panther flags being flown from cars back in 1996. I remember Pavel Bure re-energizing us in 1999.

I also remember thinking that if they didn't make the playoffs in the 2011-2012 season then I would stop following them permanently. They proved me wrong and probably everyone else.

I went to Game 2 of the playoffs against NJD. They won and we were throwing rats and waving towels. It was amazing.

But now I just can't watch them anymore. I can't watch a team lose so much. They have been bad since 1997-1998. It's awful to watch.

So I love the Panthers. I don't want to see them move. But if they moved it wouldn't hurt that bad too me. Maybe at first it would. But it's not like South Florida talks about them anyway. They are just there. A team we have. That we don't pay attention to.

So I want to see them win of course but whatever happens. Happens.
lol. But to be fair, the Panthers only have themselves to blame. 20 years of ineptitude will do this to people.

But back to reality. This team is improved. They play solid defense. They have a purpose out there, not just out there with no plan, no goal to achieve. Been waiting 20 years on that to a happen.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
If you really want to look at a bad team look at the Oilers. This team is headed for the McDavid sweepstakes. The #1 overall pick...again. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Just :facepalm: :facepalm:.

Oh god, please don't let this happen.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
If you really want to look at a bad team look at the Oilers. This team is headed for the McDavid sweepstakes. The #1 overall pick...again. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hard to put in words how bad the Oilers are rign now. I watched a couple of their games being down on the Cats and good God. We look like a cup contender looking at them.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Funniest thing about it thou, they're headed for a top pick in a draft where the two most prominent prospects are forwards.. the last thing they need right now.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

I'd rather they get it than Buffalo. Carolina and Buffalo will be stiff competition though, I wouldn't say the oilers have it locked up at all. They have looked the worst out of the three so far though.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Funniest thing about it thou, they're headed for a top pick in a draft where the two most prominent prospects are forwards.. the last thing they need right now.

True but they can always trade Yak or Eberle or even RNH for other help.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL

I know watching this team is frustrating and the slow start and low attendance, which has led to negativity everywhere doesn't help. The team is nowhere as bad one might think. As everyone else said, watch the Oilers, Sabres, or Hurricanes and they are a mile below us.

The Panthers are really on their way up and there's still 78 more games to go for anything to happen. The offensive needs to improve, but once that does, I think we'll be a decent team. For the first time in many many years, it looks like they can only get better from here. Saying "screw you" to them now would be the worst possible thing to do if you're a fan.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Is anyone on board with Bjugstad, Howden and Petrovic for RNH and Eberle? Oil might be in desperation for size and character. Also Eberle's stock is low right now

Remember our current lineup = 5 goals in 5 games. Although Bjugstad's OT chance last night almost make not want to post this. Howden's speed as well. We're lacking pure skill. RNH and Ebs are pure skill guys. We're trading size/character for skill; we need to balance the character/size ratio on the team. We can't even score by accident. Barely get any chances on offense. Enough is enough.

Last edited:

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Is anyone on board with Bjugstad, Howden and Petrovic for RNH and Eberle?

Remember our current lineup = 5 goals in 5 games

I don't think Howden and Petrovic would get Eberle. Eberle and Bjugstad are probably similar in value, but Howden doesn't look to be much more than a very good 3rd liner that will kill penalties and provide some scoring punch, and Petrovic will probably be a number 5 defenseman.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Is anyone on board with Bjugstad, Howden and Petrovic for RNH and Eberle? Oil might be in desperation for size and character. Also Eberle's stock is low right now

Remember our current lineup = 5 goals in 5 games

that is nowhere near enough

howden petrovic doesn't get you eberle

bjugstad doesnt get you RNH

bjugstad might get you eberle, but then its petrovic and howden for RNH

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
that is nowhere near enough

howden petrovic doesn't get you eberle

bjugstad doesnt get you RNH

bjugstad might get you eberle, but then its petrovic and howden for RNH

The value of RNH and Eberle is withering away with each passing game for the Oil this season. We'll see how things play out.. Who gets the short end of the stick in the blame game in Edmonton.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
The value of RNH and Eberle are withering away with each passing game for the Oil this season. We'll see how things play out.. Who gets the short end of the stick in the blame game in Edmonton.

If they are as bad as everyone says they are and want to make a trade then they don't have a leg to stand on atm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad