2014-15 Official Rant Thread

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Pirri proved he can get 20 and maybe more.
Bjugstad proved he can get 20 and maybe more.

Everyone talks about this "committee". Reality is, we have two 20 goal guys we can rely on and that's it. We have vets like JJ and Boyes who got 20 in the past, but their primes are long gone and probably can't do it again. We have potential 20 goal guys like Huby and Barky, but they have shown a propensity to pass first. That doesn't buy me. I need to know that 20 goals is likely to come from this guy, not maybe. Can't go into next season with maybe's and expect to make the playoffs just like we did this season. Also, we need to sell high on Hayes. Maybe package him in a deal to get something better. I have a feeling we just saw Hayes' ceiling.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Pirri proved he can get 20 and maybe more.
Bjugstad proved he can get 20 and maybe more.

Everyone talks about this "committee". Reality is, we have two 20 goal guys we can rely on and that's it. We have vets like JJ and Boyes who got 20 in the past, but their primes are long gone and probably can't do it again. We have potential 20 goal guys like Huby and Barky, but they have shown a propensity to pass first. That doesn't buy me. I need to know that 20 goals is likely to come from this guy, not maybe. Can't go into next season with maybe's and expect to make the playoffs just like we did this season. Also, we need to sell high on Hayes. Maybe package him in a deal to get something better. I have a feeling we just saw Hayes' ceiling.

Can we get a recap of the "Dale Tallon 15 wins in the last 20 games" or whatever he said we needed? :)

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Can we get a recap of the "Dale Tallon 15 wins in the last 20 games" or whatever he said we needed? :)

He said we needed 15 wins in 22 games.

With only 2 games left we won't get to 15.

So far we went 10-8-1-1 [10-7-1-1 with the acquisition of Jagr]

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Could Hayes be ducking because of an injury? Something similar to Bjugstad where he is still playing but only at 50%

Like last year with Huberdeau, no one knew he was hurt till Tallon said on the radio Hubs was playing with something broken in his foot

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Could Hayes be ducking because of an injury? Something similar to Bjugstad where he is still playing but only at 50%

Like last year with Huberdeau, no one knew he was hurt till Tallon said on the radio Hubs was playing with something broken in his foot

That is a thought that crossed my mind. I wrote an article on it, but I need to get permission to post the link here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad