2014-15 Official Rant Thread

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
We scratched Gudbranson last game and we won. Coincidence? I think not. Kampfer got a wicked goal and looked steady. I say, CONTINUE SCRATCHING GUDBRANSON! :yo::yo::yo:

You're the only one. And I think the Leafs might have had a lot more to do with us winning than Gudbranson being scratched

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
Gudbranson has been a liability this whole year. He always tries to flip the puck out of zone and never does. It drives me nuts. TRADE HIM!:yo:

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Gudbranson has been a liability this whole year. He always tries to flip the puck out of zone and never does. It drives me nuts. TRADE HIM!:yo:

We must be watching a completely different player because the Gudbranson I've watched this year has been a liability maybe once or twice and is one of our most consistent defensemen, especially in his own zone

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Either your definition of a liability is very low, or you haven't been watching the games. Of the d-men we've used this year, Guds ranks probably the lowest on the liability scale. Hell, even Mitchell has had more bad games than he has.

Kulikov is the perfect example of why you don't give up on d-men early. 5 seasons of on/off play and then he pulls it together this season, on his 6th year. Guds is now on his 4th season.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Either your definition of a liability is very low, or you haven't been watching the games. Of the d-men we've used this year, Guds ranks probably the lowest on the liability scale. Hell, even Mitchell has had more bad games than he has.

Kulikov is the perfect example of why you don't give up on d-men early. 5 seasons of on/off play and then he pulls it together this season, on his 6th year. Guds is now on his 4th season.

Agree. Ranting about Guds play this season seems misguided, especially since he has appeared to turn the corner and brought the physical element this team so desperately needed.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
One thing I don't get: when fans of opposing teams say we play trap. I really don't see that.

With some lines we do. When only one guy forecheck and two forwards block the neutral zone and the defs are on our blue line, that can be considered a type of trap play. All defensive team play a variation of the trap, the Habs might be the biggest trap team in the league at the moment.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Ridiculous. 17 out of 21 seasons. 81% of their entire existence have been non-playoff seasons. In a league where half the teams get in. Downright putrid. A franchise that bad gets no moral victories, no "at least we're not last" slivers of improvement. This team is a giant fail. I'll never believe they're better until they actually are. -32, you gotta be kidding me.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
For this season, we are done. That stated, as a long suffering STH for more than a decade, this is the first time that I have seen a Panther team heading in the right direction on any of the many rebuilds. I happily renewed my season tickets and look forward to next season.

Jan 19, 2006
For this season, we are done. That stated, as a long suffering STH for more than a decade, this is the first time that I have seen a Panther team heading in the right direction on any of the many rebuilds. I happily renewed my season tickets and look forward to next season.

I agree with this sentiment.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

They are a good team. They will be better next season. It should be fun to watch.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Ridiculous. 17 out of 21 seasons. 81% of their entire existence have been non-playoff seasons. In a league where half the teams get in. Downright putrid. A franchise that bad gets no moral victories, no "at least we're not last" slivers of improvement. This team is a giant fail. I'll never believe they're better until they actually are. -32, you gotta be kidding me.

Where does -32 come from? We're -18 according to nhl.com

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
I didn't look it up, I was ranting. Doesn't matter...it's not good enough. That stat alone should have killed our hope sometime around New Years.

Goal differential doesn't mean ****. We play a lot of one goal games and when our games aren't close, we are typically on the losing end so that will skew our goal differential negatively.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Goal differential doesn't mean ****. We play a lot of one goal games and when our games aren't close, we are typically on the losing end so that will skew our goal differential negatively.

You must be joking. Every team in the playoffs is a +. This teams loses more than it wins, points be damned. They were never good enough. Just hope a miracle happens next season.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
You must be joking. Every team in the playoffs is a +. This teams loses more than it wins, points be damned. They were never good enough. Just hope a miracle happens next season.

:rolleyes: Anaheim is leading the league with a +11 goal differential so no I'm not joking. Goal differential is almost worthless as a stat. Our goal differential was -72 last year so I'm not sure why you think it would take a miracle for us to make the playoffs next year, especially if we trade for a scorer and see moree progression from our young guys

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL

Same here as you can't beat the prices staying the same. I'm so excited for next season and the team's future. I don't think I've felt this positive about the Panthers direction before.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
:rolleyes: Anaheim is leading the league with a +11 goal differential so no I'm not joking. Goal differential is almost worthless as a stat. Our goal differential was -72 last year so I'm not sure why you think it would take a miracle for us to make the playoffs next year, especially if we trade for a scorer and see moree progression from our young guys

I'm here to rant about this teams shortcomings. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad