2014-15 Official Rant Thread

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm just not big on joking about any injury situation. guess I'm sensitive cause I have gone through my fair share of injuries myself (microfracture, arthroscopic, and your routine knee drain /cortisone shot).

like, I dislike Kobe a lot, and those memes about his new shoe would be a walking boot isn't humorous to me.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
This franchise's inability to clear pucks out of our zone is legendary. We would rather get scored on than ice the puck, GOD FORBID we ice it! :shakehead

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
We only respond with a good effort if we're down. IE, the second period last night. Then we close the game by putting on 3 shots in the third. Yeah, nice. Nothing has changed.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
We have too many players who have some combination of, can't skate, hold on to the puck too long (and just as important, do the old hold the puck and coast/don't move your feet), won't shoot. That's why we get stuck in the defensive zone/get no shots on goal. It's really stupid to continue to not shoot or hold on to the freaking puck when you have had 0 success doing that and your team has been at the bottom of the league for 2 years straight while you are doing that. Maybe, I don't know, change it up and shoot the puck/move it quick and don't hold it for no reason what so ever.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I will never, ever understand why the rest of the hockey world is personally offended that there's a team in South Florida.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I will never, ever understand why the rest of the hockey world is personally offended that there's a team in South Florida.

I don't get it either and I'm Canadian.

It's like the Canadian version of "they terk er jerbs!"

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014

Superiority complex. I have no idea how a person can feel so personally offended about the location of a team that you actively hope they move to another one. Its as if they don't even consider what it would be like if their favorite team moved away. It makes them feel better about themselves. My franchise is better than yours. etc.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

It becomes clear when you see some Canadian fans' behavior at international hockey tournaments like the olympics or world juniors. You see signs in the crowd that say "Hockey is Canada's game". They think they're in possession of the game itself. Then Canadians see "their" game being played, enjoyed and grown by people living in a place outside of their country. Then add the aspect that the place has nearly a year-round warm, tropical climate with a melting pot of people who aren't traditional hockey fans. They think in generalities like it's just a waste of time, energy and money to make hockey available to a market that doesn't have any passionate hockey fans. That's their mindset and it's completely absurd, simple-minded and childish.

Last edited:

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
It becomes clear when you see some Canadian fans' behavior at international hockey tournaments like the olympics or world juniors. You see signs in the crowd that say "Hockey is Canada's game". They think they're in possession of the game itself. Then Canadians see "their" game being played, enjoyed and grown by people living in a place outside of their country. Then add the aspect that the place has nearly a year-round warm, tropical climate with a melting pot of people who aren't traditional hockey fans. They think in generalities like it's just a waste of time, energy and money to make hockey available to a market that doesn't have any passionate hockey fans. That's their mindset and it's completely absurd, simple-minded and childish.

Its absurd. Imagine how ridiculous it would look if people from England held up signs at the world cup saying "Football is England's game!". If hockey was played by more countries, Canadians would probably stop.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Great analysis.
It's just ridiculous for these people to be so obsessed over nothing. Little impact on their lives, and they are so emotional about it.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I just don't understand why, every single time I watch a video that includes the Panthers, the top ten or so comments are "move the team", "no fans", "why does Florida even have a team", and a bunch of other ignorant garbage.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I just don't understand why, every single time I watch a video that includes the Panthers, the top ten or so comments are "move the team", "no fans", "why does Florida even have a team", and a bunch of other ignorant garbage.
I don't get it either. I really really don't. I mean, what if the Panthers did move, are their lives going to improve in any way shape or form. If the Panthers stay, is their lives going to get worse in any way, shape or form? Crazy.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I don't get it either. I really really don't. I mean, what if the Panthers did move, are their lives going to improve in any way shape or form. If the Panthers stay, is their lives going to get worse in any way, shape or form? Crazy.

By the same token, why does it bother you people so much what a bunch of internet trolls think?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
By the same token, why does it bother you people so much what a bunch of internet trolls think?

I can't speak for others, but it bugs me because it's literally non-stop. It's basically us against the hockey world. There isn't a video or highlight around where you can avoid those comments. I'd like to see some positive support for once.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I love to see Panthers fans respond to the trolls on twitter with a picture of our arena full of fans wearing Panthers jerseys. They have nothing to say after that.

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
I can't speak for others, but it bugs me because it's literally non-stop. It's basically us against the hockey world. There isn't a video or highlight around where you can avoid those comments. I'd like to see some positive support for once.
Relax, there are only two people who can move Panthers from Sunrise to wherever they need to be relocated. Those two persons are Viola and Cifu and if they decide to keep team in Sunrise, I cannot move team, those internet trolls cannot do that, even if NHL wants them to be moved they cannot do it (of course if Viola/Cifu wants team to be moved, NHL cannot stop it).

JOL

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Lot's of people, especially on Twitter lately are always dumbfounded by the level of respect we get from around the league. This graphic makes it pretty clear as to why. Absolutely sickening.

bw6aPvn.png

Last edited:

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
The party is over. No playoffs again this year. However, enjoyed the season enough to renew my season tickets.

I will be glad to say goodbye to Flash, Bergy, Upshall and Kopecky and their $14 million in wasted cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00