Speculation: 2014-15 Off-Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Pretty sure there were guns and threats involved. Vancouver fans are saying the contract was bad, but that's gonna look pretty awesome after Tuesday.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Alexander Killorn ($2.550m) / Tyler Johnson ($3.333m) / Steven Stamkos ($7.500m)
Ondrej Palat ($3.333m) / Valtteri Filppula ($5.000m) / Ryan Callahan ($5.800m)
J.T. Brown ($0.950m) / Jonathan Drouin ($0.894m) / Brett Connolly ($0.851m)
Richard Panik ($0.735m) / Nate Thompson ($1.600m) / B.J. Crombeen ($1.150m)
Teddy Purcell ($4.500m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Victor Hedman ($4.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Matt Carle ($5.500m) / Radko Gudas ($0.992m)
Eric Brewer ($3.875m) / Andrej Sustr ($1.000m)
Mark Barberio ($0.666m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ben Bishop ($2.300m)
Chad Johnson ($1.000m)
BUYOUTS
Vincent Lecavalier ($0.000m)
Ryan Malone ($0.000m)
Vinny Prospal ($1.167m)
LTIR
Mattias Ohlund ($3.607m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $68,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,295,167; BONUSES: $2,300,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,704,833

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pretty sure there were guns and threats involved. Vancouver fans are saying the contract was bad, but that's gonna look pretty awesome after Tuesday.

Players ex-team fans bashing them and saying they are garbage and not worth it? Oh my, where have I heard that before? :sarcasm:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Players ex-team fans bashing them and saying they are garbage and not worth it? Oh my, where have I heard that before? :sarcasm:

Meh. That's the way it goes. An hour ago they were asking for Connolly+19th.

Now. If by some miracle we get that 2nd back for Teddy Purcell, this day will officially be Xmas.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013

Yeah, some of the UFA defensemen are going to get pretty big overpayment, especially now that Nikitin got signed for 9M / 2 years. Garrison's contract is just fine.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
FWIW, I would've greatly approved of a move that brought Pouliot back here, but between the fact that he probably wouldn't be interested and the fact that the Callahan deal jammed up the forward corps, there isn't any room for him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 17s
#TBLightning Yzerman indicated they're probably done addressing the blueline. Will explore but "really difficult" to do anything else.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
69M cap

This is going to benefit us for next year. Boston likely will not be able to resign Iginla and is having cap issues. They are going to have to move a few players to get under the cap.

Maybe this will allow us to win a few games against them next year. :)

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Our D now looks ok, but it's not what I can call great. I'd like to see us move Purcell+Brewer+next year's 1st for another D upgrade. I know it's not likely but that'd really make us a contender.

Otherwise, keep Purcell and move one of our extra F, like Connelly, for a good D prospect/depth. Simon Despres perhaps?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 17s
#TBLightning Yzerman indicated they're probably done addressing the blueline. Will explore but "really difficult" to do anything else.

What else can he do? This line-up is stacked now.

You know, I want to enjoy my summer, but cannot wait till October, so excited now. I am already planning some trips back to Florida. Probably will be Oct, Jan, and Feb. Wish I could head down for the 26th game in November, but it's Thanksgiving the next day.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Our D now looks ok, but it's not what I can call great. I'd like to see us move Purcell+Brewer+next year's 1st for another D upgrade. I know it's not likely but that'd really make us a contender.

Otherwise, keep Purcell and move one of our extra F, like Connelly, for a good D prospect/depth. Simon Despres perhaps?

You're not getting much for that package.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't see Purcell playing out the remainder of his contract here. I hope he's gone this summer to clear space for the rest of the RFAs/vet goalie and then maybe enough leftover to sign Stralman

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
The trade looks pretty good right now after the draft. We still got some solid picks, didnt give up much, and had the contract space. It's not the best case scenario, but its better than nothing. Gives Sustr and Barberio some time to develop more, and helps us with time to develop the draft picks. I don't think we will be getting any new players in FA or through trades though. Hopefully we at least move Purcell though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Purcell was going to move, I assume it would have happened this afternoon. If Yzerman's saying he's only looking to acquire a backup, there's not a whole lot of need for the cap-space unless Vinik would like to save a few bucks.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Purcell was going to move, I assume it would have happened this afternoon. If Yzerman's saying he's only looking to acquire a backup, there's not a whole lot of need for the cap-space unless Vinik would like to save a few bucks.

I still think he can be moved. Whichever team in need of a top 6 winger who strikes out in free agency might come calling. We could retain some salary too I would think and with the cap tighter that should help generate interest.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Well, we need a backup and to re-sign the rest of our RFAs

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
A guy I would love SY to sign is Zach Redmond. IMO he has still potential to be at least an NHL regular

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Well, we need a backup and to re-sign the rest of our RFAs

Per CapGeek we still have about $5M of cap space remaining. We still need to sign:

1. Sustr
2. Richard Panik
3. Connolly
4. Backup Goaltender
5. Barberio (just signed for ~$1M)
6. Aulie (probably not but...RFA)

So our Cap Space stands at around $4M right now. Also, we have ~$3.6M we can use from Ohlund's LTIR. So effective cap space for the above players/positions is approximately $7.5M. If we move Purcell's contract that is another $4.5M. Any trade or signing for a #2D or any D must involve moving some money - I think it MUST involve Purcell if we do anything in Free Agency besides #2G.

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Per CapGeek we still have about $5M of cap space remaining. We still need to sign:

1. Sustr
2. Richard Panik
3. Connolly
4. Backup Goaltender
5. Barberio (just signed for ~$1M)
6. Aulie (probably not but...RFA)

So our Cap Space stands at around $4M right now. Also, we have ~$3.6M we can use from Ohlund's LTIR. So effective cap space for the above players/positions is approximately $7.5M.

Yes, although technically a team can exceed the cap ceiling by up to 10% of the league's limit during the summer but has to be under it by the date the official roster is set. In TB's case, that's when they can officially list Ohlund -- who is currently counting against the cap -- on LTIR and get the exception.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Ehrhoff is about to come available with the buyout. He could be a useful filler until Sustr and KoekKoek are more ready. Lots of teams will be after his services though but I hope Yzerman gives him a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad