Speculation: 2014-15 Off-Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzlamic Preacher*

So let's put everything here.

Anderp Lind "Wont Be" Back is pretty much a sure fire gone. Who else gone? Who else do we try to get?

One of

Psysk
Stone
Larsson

Seem to be the general wishlist.

EDIT: Can someone please edit my drunken errors on the title...

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Tampa Bay Lightning 2014 offseason hopes

So I'm curious what you guys think we should do during the offseason.
Trades, free agency, contracts..etc..

Personally I would want us to sign a top line FA winger
Package some young forwards for a solid D-man
Get a better backup

As far as contracts go, I would want Malone bought out. Salo walking.
Rookies obviously extended. Callahan, we will see what happens.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I REALLY hope Sustr puts on some good weight in the off-season. I think this kid has tons of upside if he can work on strength and skating.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Hate to break up the love-fest...

I really hope we get Bieksa. Salo can stay, just move him down a pairing or two. Or three. We need more speed on D.

Get Teddy the **** out of here. Yesterday.

I think (hope) Connolly will fill in a top-6 winger role. Maybe Drouin, but I'm hoping he slots on the 3rd with Johnson. Have 3 scoring lines.

Malone, hopefully gone.

Sign Callahan. 6x6 is a stretch. Hopefully 5x5 or 5.5 can get him.

Lindy is gonezo too. Maybe Gudlevskis or Vasilevsky can take his spot. We'll see how that turns out.

Priorities, in order:
Top 4 Dman (preferably a number 2 or 3)
Decent backup goaltender
Top 6 winger

Last edited:

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
get purcell of this ****ing team He plays like a *****. Every rookie has outplayed him when they've been called up. 0 effort 0 need for him dosent fit in the system why cooper continued to play him is beyond me. He does not give us the best chance to win

2nd order of buisness. Can we get some defensemen that can actually skate? We have to have the least mobile defense corpse in the league(maybe Edmonton?) Look at Chicago Boston LA **** even Montreal any playoff team other than us.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd still qualify Lindback, maybe he wants to go back to Europe and we hold his rights, we may also be able to get him through waivers and he can be the 2nd goalie for Syracuse.
No need to buyout Malone when I'm pretty sure we can put him on LTIR for the year, save Vinik a few bucks.
Purcell will be dangled all off-season hopefully we find a suitor and get fair value, if not think we hang on to him.
Salo and Kostka can go, Barberio gets one more year to see if he can turn it around, Aulie isn't a bad #7 but we probably let him walk, Sustr hits the weight room cause he looks like a top 4 D but needs muscle, hopefully SY makes a move for a Dman this off-season.
Callahan isn't worth 6+ and I'm now afraid to offer anything more then 5x5.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I think this thread is premature. Everyone will feel different in a weeks time.

This thread now is officially Mine and Boltsfans wedding planning thread....

But let's just have the thread ready because there will be 100 up in a week. Plus the salt is embedded in the wound. It is not going anywhere for a long while.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think this thread is premature. Everyone will feel different in a weeks time.

Here are my thoughts as of now (subject to change ;) )

1. No forward additions. If we lose Callahan, we can have a look for a player like him, but otherwise, we stand pat. It's addition by subtraction. We buyout Malone, move Purcell to the highest bidder just to get him off the effin team, and then we have a healthy competition for those roster spots at camp. I think Paquette has almost nailed one down.

2. Look for a #2 D, but don't just grab whatever's available. Salo will be gone, so that frees up some money. Not sure exactly who we should be looking at. Honestly, I'm not all that interested in young D who aren't ready for a #2 role yet. We have some of those. I want an established guy or nothing.

3. A new backup. Maybe it's Gudlevskis. I think Vasi needs to start the majority of games in Syracuse next year, which leaves us in a weird spot with Guds. He needs some starts too. I think I'd rather give him 25-30 NHL games than 25-30 AHL games. But if we can land a quality veteran backup, I'm all for that too.

What we know:

1. Lindback is gone. Cooper showed the team's cards tonight. Again. He showed them in March too.

2. Drouin is getting a spot. Connolly needs to either get a spot or be packaged for the aforementioned #2D. I daresay Paquette has cemented himself on next year's team too. Coop played the kid in all 4 playoff games when he had plenty of more experienced options.

3. Malone is gone if it's still possible with his rehab situation. I think it is. You can't have a 4.5 million dollar healthy scratch on your team.

What we don't know:

1. Will Callahan resign? I think it's 50/50.

2. Will Bishop be healthy to start next year? There are rumors swirling about him needing surgery. I have no idea who starts in Tampa if Bishop isn't ready. Maybe they have a legit tryout between Vasi and Guds, or maybe they sign somebody to a 1-2 year deal. No idea.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Assumptions:
1. Resign Callahan, Johnson, Palat, Killorn, Brown, Panik.
2. Keep Bishop and Gudlevskis. Free up 1.6M in cap space with Lindback.
3. See what Connolly and Drouin can bring (are they ready?).
4. Use cap space to sign some good defense. No more Matt Carles. Trade if necessary.
5. Can we buyout Teddy Purcell?

In general, not many changes to the forwards.

Potential Top Line Players
Stamkos, Palat, Johnson, Callahan, Filppula, Connolly, Drouin

Likely Bottom Line Players
Killorn, Panik, Thompson, Brown, Paquette, Kucherov, Crombeen

Defense?
Hedman - ?
Carle - Gudas (I hate this pairing)
Brewer - Sustr (One of the slowest pairings in TB history?)

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Yzerman's grocery list:

Sign Vasilevskiy, Callahan, impending RFA's
Top-4 Defenseman
Top-4 Defenseman
Buy-out Malone
Clear out a top-six forward, preferably Purcell
Find a better option than Lindback for a back-up

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'd think Callahan is worth a 5x5. I bet Nashville would love some F love and they have some serious depth in their D corps, don't they?

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
No more Anderp, we let Vasilevskiy and Godlevski duel to the death (jk obviously) for the back up spot and a chance to dethrone Bishop.

Resign Callahan, let the kids earn their spots on a roster and FIX THIS ABYSMAL DEFENSE.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd think Callahan is worth a 5x5. I bet Nashville would love some F love and they have some serious depth in their D corps, don't they?

Nashville/Tampa seem to be perfect trading partners, but there's almost a philosophy issue that keeps a trade from happening. Nashville seems to like the idea that they're gearing up to have the likes of Seth Jones defend the Adam Halls of the world (because the premium minutes are getting eaten by Weber and Josi, mostly).

Something could happen at the draft. If we manage to get a 1st out of NYR in 2014, I think we can package both 2014 picks + a good forward prospect and (hopefully) Teddy Purcell for something. Maybe not Nashville, but somebody might like an offer like that. And it wouldn't hurt us much. We've still got two 2015 1st rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad