Speculation: 2014-15 Off-Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
According to the Canuck fans on the main boards Garrison loves Vancouver and doesn't want to leave.

I'm seeing on the trade board that that's concerning a past deal. He didn't want to return to the Panthers or go to the Blues, but he might be willing to come here.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Yzerman needs to make another call and make this happen.

146934318.jpg

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Do you guys think Garrison would be a good fit here? I don't follow the west as much so I don't know too much about him. Isn't he a lefty though? That doesn't seem to match our need.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
steve wanted garrison as ufa.

he chose to go home. I see wanting to stay but they look like full rebuild so why stay at his age?

He has a booming shot is good on power play is a little physical wont shy away but not aggressive. He is natural right side was put on left cause of bieska tanev.

Is basically salo upgrade with more points etc.. I like him even though know less of him than other vancouver players. I like more. Much rather have bieska than tanev but will take garrison think he would work out fine. Love his contract for sure the money not the cap so much but the money is nice most is paid is 5 than 4.5 than 3.6 than 2.5 he gets signing bonus of 1.5 this year and next unsure how that works if falls on canucks already paid etc.. for this year or what.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

he chose to go home. I see wanting to stay but they look like full rebuild so why stay at his age?

He has a booming shot is good on power play is a little physical wont shy away but not aggressive. He is natural right side was put on left cause of bieska tanev.

Is basically salo upgrade with more points etc.. I like him even though know less of him than other vancouver players. I like more. Much rather have bieska than tanev but will take garrison think he would work out fine. Love his contract for sure the money not the cap so much but the money is nice most is paid is 5 than 4.5 than 3.6 than 2.5 he gets signing bonus of 1.5 this year and next unsure how that works if falls on canucks already paid etc.. for this year or what.

If Purcell is part of the deal, the money management would be incredible. Especially in light of recent deals when what top 4 guys are about to start going for.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just heard some stuff....

Pouliot, Stralman, and Brian Boyle likely to walk from the Rangers.

I bring up Pouliot because you guys are familiar with him.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Just heard some stuff....

Pouliot, Stralman, and Brian Boyle likely to walk from the Rangers.

I bring up Pouliot because you guys are familiar with him.

No interest in Pouliot or Boyle for me. If we move Crombeen I'd love to take a run at Boyle, though.

Stralman also interests me, depending on the price.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Got to think Connolly is being asked for. Or garrison not sure on leaving! Tampa looks primed to be a very good hockey team he should come aboard!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Got to think Connolly is being asked for. Or garrison not sure on leaving! Tampa looks primed to be a very good hockey team he should come aboard!

Vancouver's priority #1 was moving Kesler. #2 is probably acquiring 1st overall. This deal, if it's actually in the works, might be on the backburner for a few hours.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pretty much 0 chance we're interested in him though.

Pouliot had a good season, but he also skated with Zuccarello who led the team in points with a huge season.

No interest in Pouliot or Boyle for me. If we move Crombeen I'd love to take a run at Boyle, though.

Stralman also interests me, depending on the price.

Boyle would be great for the PK.

Stralman's price will be more than SFY wants to pay him. Guaranteed!

Yeah, Rangers offered him around 4 million, he can get around 5 million in the open market and a longer term.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Pouliot had a good season, but he also skated with Zuccarello who led the team in points with a huge season.

Boyle would be great for the PK.

Yeah, Rangers offered him around 4 million, he can get around 5 million in the open market and a longer term.

Really doesn't mean much to us. Not a great fit. Probably even worse now than last year when we let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad