OT: 2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Giants Beat the Cowboys, that's all I care. Injury sucks for RG3, one would think that puts an end to his NFL career, I hope he comes up North and re-discovers his game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Giants Beat the Cowboys, that's all I care. Injury sucks for RG3, one would think that puts an end to his NFL career, I hope he comes up North and re-discovers his game.

Really tough to say on both parts. One of his major issues has been that he can't stay healthy. That's not going to help in the CFL. The other issue is NFL teams have figured him out and he hasn't figured out how to adjust to this. He'd have success in the CFL if healthy, but I don't think it would take long to figure him out.

How about Cousins. 600k last year, couldn't work out a long-term deal, but gets the $20mil franchise tag. He could be a guy that fades away rather quickly, but one thing is for sure that 20mil is gonna help him big time.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
So nice to have Monday night football back. Really like the double header, but man does nothing get done around the house.

I'm actually not a fan of the double header, I can't sit in front of the TV for that long so I will just pick one and watch that. At least if there is a Sunday afternoon game and a Sunday night game I want to watch there is a gap in between the two.

Same here but the monday night games were the worst of the weekend unfortunately. Especially the Rams-49ers game. Rams best player was the punter. :laugh:

I'm biased since I've been a Steelers fan my whole life but I thought their game was awesome. Antonia Brown and Deangelo Williams were lighting it up. The Steelers TD throw on 4th and 1 was such an exciting play call.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Really tough to say on both parts. One of his major issues has been that he can't stay healthy. That's not going to help in the CFL. The other issue is NFL teams have figured him out and he hasn't figured out how to adjust to this. He'd have success in the CFL if healthy, but I don't think it would take long to figure him out.

My beef with RG3 is that he's a very bad QB between the ears. He can't go through his progressions. He doesn't check down to his TE or RBs when he sees a blitz is coming.

All he can do is stare down his primary receivers and if they aren't open he pulls the ball down and runs.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
My beef with RG3 is that he's a very bad QB between the ears. He can't go through his progressions. He doesn't check down to his TE or RBs when he sees a blitz is coming.

All he can do is stare down his primary receivers and if they aren't open he pulls the ball down and runs.

Which probably can work for a little bit in the CFL, until guys figure this out.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I'm actually not a fan of the double header, I can't sit in front of the TV for that long so I will just pick one and watch that. At least if there is a Sunday afternoon game and a Sunday night game I want to watch there is a gap in between the two.

I'm biased since I've been a Steelers fan my whole life but I thought their game was awesome. Antonia Brown and Deangelo Williams were lighting it up. The Steelers TD throw on 4th and 1 was such an exciting play call.

TBH, i watched the Rams-49ers game because i agree that the double header is too much tv to watch on a monday night.

Also, the sunday games were very very good so it was a high standard to beat. We probably won't see that many good games going on in one week for the rest of the season.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

What Williams is doing is just amazing. The guy was a cast off last year and lit it up. Thought maybe he'd take a step back this year, but instead he rushes more than any 33 year old has in over two decades.

I'm hoping this Jesse James is a smart man. If he can learn from some of his mistakes he can be a nice replacement for Heath. Lots of options for Big Ben.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
What Williams is doing is just amazing. The guy was a cast off last year and lit it up. Thought maybe he'd take a step back this year, but instead he rushes more than any 33 year old has in over two decades.

I'm hoping this Jesse James is a smart man. If he can learn from some of his mistakes he can be a nice replacement for Heath. Lots of options for Big Ben.

It's funny because I thought Jesse James even looks like a young Heath Miller, excited for his prospects hopefully he can deliver. He has big shoes to fill.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
I remember RGIII's first game against NO. You thought the guy is going to be better than Luck, who has been thought of as a generational talent. Shanahan really made a stupid call leaving him for that game, which is the game that has ultimately detailed his entire career, character issues aside.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I remember RGIII's first game against NO. You thought the guy is going to be better than Luck, who has been thought of as a generational talent. Shanahan really made a stupid call leaving him for that game, which is the game that has ultimately detailed his entire career, character issues aside.

This is sort of where I fall, I never thought he would be "better" then Luck, more that he would be very good in his own right, but the Shanahans rode him into the ground, that seemed to damage his confidence and instead of working with him, or anyone cutting him any slack, everyone beat him into the ground.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
This is sort of where I fall, I never thought he would be "better" then Luck, more that he would be very good in his own right, but the Shanahans rode him into the ground, that seemed to damage his confidence and instead of working with him, or anyone cutting him any slack, everyone beat him into the ground.

The Shanahan's should not have played him any of those last three regular season games of his rookie season or that playoff game against Seattle. That was all on them.

After that RGIII's problems have been all his own. He got hurt again because he didn't protect himself. He ran to the owner repeatedly because he didn't like how he was being coached and arguably got Shanahan fired. Ballsy move but you gotta produce. He ran to Snyder again about Gruden and got tuned out.

This injury on Sunday is because he still won't slide. It's like he is taunting the defences for that extra yard or two. QBs are protected by a lot of rules in the NFL. He just doesn't get how to play in a manner to avoid injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00