Prospect Info: 2014/15 Marlies/Prospects Thread v.5 - Now with more Leipsic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I'm not 100% on this, but I think a lot of it has to do with the rights for broadcast.

Buy the damn rights then. Who the hell else should be broadcasting these games?

If they aren't broadcasting the Leafs or the Marlies then why the hell does the station exist?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
This is about yesterday's game, posters said Nylander was invisible, did I watch the same game? He was pretty decent and created a lot of chances and had very solid zone entries. I think some posters are expecting too much from an 18 year old in the AHL

I think people look at it as not a great score sheet game.

Nylander had a decent game. I remember 1 play where it was a 1 touch pass on a zone entry to I think Abbott (could be wrong) that led to a scoring chance.

He takes a lot of contact for a guy with a lot of skill, but knows how to embrace the hit and make a pass or protect the puck.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
I think people look at it as not a great score sheet game.

Nylander had a decent game. I remember 1 play where it was a 1 touch pass on a zone entry to I think Abbott (could be wrong) that led to a scoring chance.

He takes a lot of contact for a guy with a lot of skill, but knows how to embrace the hit and make a pass or protect the puck.
I'm not a stats guy, I want him to evolve as a Hockey player and he's taking small steps in doing it. People keep saying he floats too much and I don't really think that's an issue either, he does a very good job of keeping himself open at all times.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Why they had the same unit on the ice for whole 5-3 as they did nothing?

Really missed someone dangerous on point and also Nylander on side.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Why they had the same unit on the ice for whole 5-3 as they did nothing?

Really missed someone dangerous on point and also Nylander on side.

Yeah I was wondering that too. Abbot and Frattin were out for the full 5 on 3 while Brown and Nylander watched from the bench.

mikebel111*

Looks like Marlies have a sense of urgency after yesterday's performance
I like it

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I'm starting to dismiss the notion of Nylander not being able to use his teammates. He's got a few points from making quiet simple plays, finding open men and setting them up.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah I was wondering that too. Abbot and Frattin were out for the full 5 on 3 while Brown and Nylander watched from the bench.

Its a common occurrence with Dineen coaching. Same reason they have slow ass Knodel or Mikkelsson bring up the puck on the pp instead of Nylander or Brown causing giveaways almost every time.

Rufio65*

Rupert could carve out a 3rd/4th line role in the NHL. He has the skill set and tenacity.

Nylander needs to learn to play with more jam/intensity. That was a nice feed to Rupert, though.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Rupert could carve out a 3rd/4th line role in the NHL. He has the skill set and tenacity.

Nylander needs to learn to play with more jam/intensity. That was a nice feed to Rupert, though.

Lots of **** disturbers in the organization now: Leipsic, Rupert, Nilsson, Carrick, Komarov.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Coaching change made a big difference for the Marlies. Spott was really good as head coach there.

Spott had a better team, Carrick and Leivo have been very disappointing this year, their stats are terrible for second and third year players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad