Prospect Info: 2014/15 Marlies/Prospects Thread v.5 - Now with more Leipsic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Has Nylander been given a shot at C yet? Really not a fan of bringing him over here (despite Modo's situation) if it means he doesn't get to play center. How they think he doesn't deserve a shot at C right away is beyond me.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9UKZt62DB0
heres a nice carter verhaeghe goal from this year. He is a prosect who has steadily grown on me since we drafted him. He'll get an opportunity to earn a big role with the marlies next season and it will be interesting to see how his game translates to the pros.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Has Nylander been given a shot at C yet? Really not a fan of bringing him over here (despite Modo's situation) if it means he doesn't get to play center. How they think he doesn't deserve a shot at C right away is beyond me.

I think the way he play and his skill will eventually make him go to the right wing or the left.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland

Nylander is obviously more suited at center. I watched him play first time today, and most of the times I saw him carrying the puck he went in the middle. But this guy has that instinct to come up with the lose puck, puck just follows him. On the side note I saw a lot of Kessel in him on the PP, he was playing just like him on the PP handling from LW spot(as he is a C/LW) so it's really hard to judge right now.

But that Toronto Maple Smurfs line looked really good and hard working every time they were on the ice. Putting him with guys like Rupert and Brown can influence his game and work ethic.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We wouldn't get either for him. Biggs is that bad

I actually think he's been good lately... An opinion not shared by a lot of people.

He's translated his game very well to the center spot. He does really well winning faceoffs and playing a strong forecheck game. If you watched them play this week-end, I don't know you weren't impressed with his strong play. I really wouldn't be surprised if he was called up after the dead line to center the 4th line.

I honestly don't think the Leafs would trade Biggs for winger prospects with questionable potential themselves and waiver eligible very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad