Prospect Info: 2014/15 Marlies/Prospects Thread v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He looked good in the NHL to start the season, started looking less so as teams started getting up to speed, and they were getting to him quicker.

No rush really.

You're right, there's no rush, the marlies need him anyway since he's their #1 defenceman. And I prefer see him there rather than on a Leafs team that just keeps getting worse and worse.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

Pulling no punches when it comes to Ross. I can only assume his contract will be terminated once his suspension is up or will just wade out his contract in the ECHL. Another wasted pick / asset (Jimmy Hayes).

No mention of the PED in question yet.....I wonder if there's more here than the organization is letting on to.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
No mention of the PED in question yet.....I wonder if there's more here than the organization is letting on to.

Probably because it was an actual PED with no possible excuse to cover it up, unlike with Ashton's inhaler story.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Gauthier, Winnik, Couturier, Berglund, King, etc.

Gauthier - Hasn't done anything in the NHL yet.

Winnik - Yes agreed, 6'2, only 60 something hits, but fast, solid along the boards, good pker and good defensively.

Couturier - On pace for less then 40 pts, solid defensively. This works as well as a good example.

Berglund - Pretty good example as well

King works too

You made some great examples. I knew full well that Couturier was going to be used as an example along with Winnik.

I hope Gauthier makes it beside these guys some day. His skating (balance and cuts) and shot need to improve a lot more. Handles the puck like he has a grenade on his stick.

Out of the guys you listed though, you think, 700+ NHL players in the league, you named guys who play well with size and don't neccessarily put up a lot of points, they're useful to a team. They aren't exactly common either. Gauthier, if he became a good 3rd line C would be a high end commodity, hope he gets there.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Does anyone think that Rielly can benefit from getting sent down for the remainder of the season. He can play a big part in a push to make the playoffs and possibly have a good run once in. I think that this forward group is deep enough and Rielly could really bolster the defence. It has to be better for him than the toxic atmosphere that he's in right now.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Does anyone think that Rielly can benefit from getting sent down for the remainder of the season. He can play a big part in a push to make the playoffs and possibly have a good run once in. I think that this forward group is deep enough and Rielly could really bolster the defence. It has to be better for him than the toxic atmosphere that he's in right now.

No.

First of all, he's playing well for the Leafs despite some crappy performances. He's doing fine.

Second, the Marlies are all ready pretty loaded on defence. We need those players to play there, not Rielly.

Rielly is a NHL player. Period.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

No. That would do way more harm than good. Rielly's an NHL player.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Percy and Leivo recalled by the Leafs.

Carrick and Bodie back with the Marlies.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Percy and Leivo recalled by the Leafs.

Carrick and Bodie back with the Marlies.

Nice to see those two called up, but too bad about Carrick. I thought he was a bright spot in some pretty crappy games.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Thanks for the input guys. What about at the end of the season? Would he have to play a certain amount of games to qualify for the playoffs?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
If he wants to play after the season then he can go play for team Canada.

Not a bad idea and he most likely will.

It doesn't answer the question though. Does a player need to spend any time with the AHL club in the regular season if he's to play in the playoffs?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Several Leafs went to the Marlies after the Leafs' season ended the last 2 years... but I think they started the season with the Marlies - not sure if there is a minimum number of games required to be eligible.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Not a bad idea and he most likely will.

It doesn't answer the question though. Does a player need to spend any time with the AHL club in the regular season if he's to play in the playoffs?

IIRC, you need to be on the roster, or have been on the roster by "clear day", which is a couple weeks before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce