Prospect Info: 2014/15 Marlies/Prospects Thread v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Exactly. And Biggs as also been playing really really well as a center.

I'm sure Nylander will get switched to the center position at some point. I don't think it's a big deal.

That's promising (Biggs), I am holding out hope he'll be a good 4th line winger for us still.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Well Rupert has been among the better players for the marlies this season
GP 21
G 5
A 7
P 12
Rating +12
Yes not impressive stat line but for a team that has had a lot of issues scoring goals, that is pretty good.

Rupert's stat line should be broken up between his ECHL stint .. IIRC his first 7 games with the Marlies he had 0 points then he was sent down.. Since being recalled in 14 games he's tallied those totals, definitely trending upward

He's been a key component in the Marlies turn around this season .. Leivo healthy again helps

Interesting lines on paper though I didn't realize Biggs was playing centre (albeit only on the fourth line)

mikebel111*

Rupert's stat line should be broken up between his ECHL stint .. IIRC his first 7 games with the Marlies he had 0 points then he was sent down.. Since being recalled in 14 games he's tallied those totals, definitely trending upward

He's been a key component in the Marlies turn around this season .. Leivo healthy again helps

Interesting lines on paper though I didn't realize Biggs was playing centre (albeit only on the fourth line)

I should have added that in my post. Nice catch.
And yes as SprDave mentioned, surprisingly Biggs has really found his game at Centre

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I should have added that in my post. Nice catch.
And yes as SprDave mentioned, surprisingly Biggs has really found his game at Centre

That is very cool news. The organization needs him to catch on somewhere. I haven't seen him since early in the year but he looked good then - I'm mean competitive on the puck.

Looking forward to the new focus being on the Marlies .

Number13

May 21, 2007
Your initial claim was they needed to be over 6 feet. Now okay to be 6 ft as long as you're thick.

Stamkos was listed as 5'11 and 178 lbs in his draft year. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/steven_stamkos/

Pretty much the same as Nylander: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...ops-swedish-draft-class-with-european-flavor/

Well if you re-read my post, my "initial claim" was mostly referring to size, and yes most often, top centres are over 6 feet. I was simply stating that most top teams have centres that are fairly big, which remains true.

I didn't once knock Nylander, I'm through the roof excited for him, people need to calm down.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Tyler Biggs from what I saw had a great shot (but didn't use it), and was good at shot blocking and had good speed. No confidence in his offensive ability and did not play "mean" which is what you're going to want.

If he can get some more aggressiveness in his game, you have a good defensively responsible 4th liner who can fight decently. Him excelling at centre is unexpected but welcome news.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Well if you re-read my post, my "initial claim" was mostly referring to size, and yes most often, top centres are over 6 feet. I was simply stating that most top teams have centres that are fairly big, which remains true.

I didn't once knock Nylander, I'm through the roof excited for him, people need to calm down.

Just need to get him some wingers with size, and have size at the 3 and 4 slot of the line up. Luckily we have 6'5 centre Gauther who can take the 4th line spot.

Number13

May 21, 2007
Just need to get him some wingers with size, and have size at the 3 and 4 slot of the line up. Luckily we have 6'5 centre Gauther who can take the 4th line spot.

A big reason we need to keep JVR, I think they could be dynamite together.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Seems like a waste with Rupert being centre between Leivo and Brown, and having Biggs who isn't even a C, being the C on the 4th line.

Rupert with Leivo and Brown have been a great line and have formed some really good chemistry. That's one of the reasons why I don't mind that Nylander isn't on that line. Him playing on the 2nd line gives them two really good scoring lines.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I remember Biggs being touted as the best fighter in the draft. What happened with this kid and his projected toughness/aggressiveness? He was tough in the OHL, maybe he got roughed up a few times with the Marlies and lost his confidence (ala Komisarek)?

natephil

Feb 13, 2010
Valiet with another 2 assists tonight for Kootenay. 29 points in 28 games as a d man who is strong in his own end is a good thing to see.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I remember Biggs being touted as the best fighter in the draft. What happened with this kid and his projected toughness/aggressiveness? He was tough in the OHL, maybe he got roughed up a few times with the Marlies and lost his confidence (ala Komisarek)?

Iirc he had a fight in the last game.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Iirc he had a fight in the last game.

Any idea how he did?

I'm hoping we can get him up in a 4th line rolr at some point. I don't think offense will ever be the name of the game for him, but he's strong, can fight, block shots.

We used a 1st round pick, need to see where the investment is.

Last edited:

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Any idea how he did?

I'm hoping we can get him up in a 4th line rolr at some point. I don't think offense will ever be the name of the game for him, but he's strong, can fight, block shots.

We used a 1st round pick, need to see where the investment is.

Sorry, can't remember. But I think it was a pretty good tilt and he held his own. If he would've got knocked out or something I would've remembered for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->