2014-15 Iowa Wild, Quad City Mallards, & Alaska Aces Thread

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
Anybody know what happened to Syvret or Joel R ?? I see Gogul is playing in Alaska and lighting it up, these guys are character guys, ,,just gone without a word, kinda confusing, espically considering how many guys from the coast we have in line-up.

8pmb96

Jan 16, 2015
Syvret was released from his pto with Iowa and signed one with Wilkes barre in early March.

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
Too bad I liked Joel, worked hard always gave a good effort. Kind of strange signing him for 125,000, then just letting him collect a pay check home--letting syvret go at this time of year and signing a 34 year old defencman???syvret was a good leader and deserved better.gogul, please don't tell me he couldn't have helped too..sign inning a 36 year Russian with injury problems???he is just taking ice time from the kids.

Glad Minnesota was PATIENT with dumba, most on here were awful critical of him--good player.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
please don't tell me he couldn't have helped too..sign inning a 36 year Russian with injury problems???he is just taking ice time from the kids.

Ruslan has experience in the NHL. We don't know why guys like Iowa, they leave all the time because of one reason or another. Iowa is a dumpster fire right now and will be for some time...

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
ECHL updates:

QC:

Quad City Mallards defenseman Benjamin Dieude-Fauvel has been signed to a professional tryout agreement by the American Hockey League’s Iowa Wild, the Mallards announced today.

The Quad City Mallards have signed rookie defenseman Jake Baker and have released forward Johnny Rogic, the Mallards announced today.

Alaska: The Alaska Aces, three time Kelly Cup champions, have signed rookie free agent Nilan Nagy (NYE-lihn, NAY-ghee), it was announced by Aces head coach Rob Murray.

The 6-foot, 201 pound defenseman recently completed four seasons at College of the Holy Cross (NCAA), registering 22 points (1g-21a) and 56 penalty minutes in 125 career games. The native of Canonsburg, Penn. registered a career-high eight points (1g-7a) in 28 games as a 2012-13 sophomore.

Nagy skated in a career-high 37 games for Holy Cross this season as a senior, collecting three assists and ten penalty minutes. He was a part of back-to-back 20-win seasons for the time in program history (2011-13).

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
@toskyAHLWild: Pavel Jenys is a scratch from #IAWild line-up today. He was in warm-ups. Knight and Jenys replaced by @oarchy09 and Ruslan Fedotenko.

why?

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
Makes zero sense, Ruslan is playing why young guys sit, we just traded for Knight as he is sitting for a 36 year old and we are out of playoff chase ???

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Has Harding played at all this year, or is he done?

No, and I think so.

Since it appears his playing days are over, it would be cool to see the Wild offer him a position with the team...maybe a scout or asst goalie coach, if for no other reason then to keep his medical insurance.

EDIT: I take that back, he did play two games for Iowa this season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am guessing that whatever Harding did to deserve his suspension would work against him being hired as a coach.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Iowa won 6-0 tonight. Their first shutout of the season.

Yes. That is correct. With only a handful of games left in the season, they got their first shutout.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
They're basically the AHL's Buffalo Sabres... Except worse, and without promise of improvement due to lack of top-end prospects. Bottom of the league with 48 points. Next highest team has 57. They stink on ice.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
They're basically the AHL's Buffalo Sabres... Except worse, and without promise of improvement due to lack of top-end prospects. Bottom of the league with 48 points. Next highest team has 57. They stink on ice.

Not entirely true.

Russo's recent article says that Labbe and Bertschy will be signed soon. And if Michalek doesn't get his NCAA exemption thing, he'll be signed too.

While that won't help at all for this season, Labbe should be an AHL top-4 defender next season and Michalek could be a good AHL goalie as soon as next year as well.

Plus you add in guys who could possibly go pro next year, like Lucia and maybe Gilmour, along with the college free agents who should be playing full years...

I doubt Iowa is suddenly going to become a Calder Cup contender or anything, but middle-of-the-pack isn't entirely out of the question.

EDIT: And a full year of Olofsson. That really can't be understated. He's going to be good and it's going to be soon.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Not entirely true.

Russo's recent article says that Labbe and Bertschy will be signed soon. And if Michalek doesn't get his NCAA exemption thing, he'll be signed too.

While that won't help at all for this season, Labbe should be an AHL top-4 defender next season and Michalek could be a good AHL goalie as soon as next year as well.

Plus you add in guys who could possibly go pro next year, like Lucia and maybe Gilmour, along with the college free agents who should be playing full years...

I doubt Iowa is suddenly going to become a Calder Cup contender or anything, but middle-of-the-pack isn't entirely out of the question.

EDIT: And a full year of Olofsson. That really can't be understated. He's going to be good and it's going to be soon.

The only player out of that bunch we should have high hopes for is Olofsson, IMO. All the others are huge question marks as to whether they can handle the rigors of professional hockey, let alone NHL hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00