2014-15 Iowa Wild, Quad City Mallards, & Alaska Aces Thread

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Boom. YOU'RE the new thread.

Holy crap, I'm honored. :handclap:

This is celebration for me getting a signed game worn Dowell jersey today I think.

Here is the full article.

However, for just those that care about "our" division it will now be:

Western Conference - West Division

Iowa Wild (Minnesota)
Charlotte Checkers (Carolina)
Oklahoma City Barons (Edmonton)
San Antonio Rampage (Florida)
Texas Stars (Dallas)

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Bussieres Phillips Keranen
Bulmer Sutter Mitchell
Brassart Graovoc Gabriel
Gogol xxxxx Rechlicz
xxxxx

Olofsson Folin/Blum
Gelinas Dumba
Medvec Bickel
Jobke

Kuemper
Gustafsson
xxxxxx

Not bad so far for next year, Def a few key positions we could stand to upgrade and really be considered a good team. Like a skilled AHL star winger/center and top4 or 6 dman to maybe replace Bickel, and obviously we don't know if Kuemper will be on the team or not.

Other than that quite the turn around in skill imo, should def see a better team this season.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Add even more skill to the lineup with Schroeder added to the mix. He could push Phillips for top line center.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Bussieres Phillips Keranen
Bulmer Sutter Mitchell
Brassart Graovoc Gabriel
Gogol xxxxx Rechlicz
xxxxx

Olofsson Folin/Blum
Gelinas Dumba
Medvec Bickel
Jobke

Kuemper
Gustafsson
xxxxxx

Not bad so far for next year, Def a few key positions we could stand to upgrade and really be considered a good team. Like a skilled AHL star winger/center and top4 or 6 dman to maybe replace Bickel, and obviously we don't know if Kuemper will be on the team or not.

Other than that quite the turn around in skill imo, should def see a better team this season.

I think Dumba-Olofsson Will be a Pairing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Also, barring any other D aquisition for the Wild, I expect both Folin and Blum in the NHL - 6th and 7th D-men.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Has anyone gone to a game down in IA?

I would especially on an auction night, I just need people to go with as my friends bailed last year, and probably won't this year either (but I might bite the bullet and go by myself or get my buddy from Cedar Rapids to come).

From a guy I got a Medvec sweater from who was a season ticket holder he said it was a great start, and then it just went downhill from there as the team did. I would think with all these moves there would be a lot more buzz now, and certainly at the start of the season.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I would especially on an auction night, I just need people to go with as my friends bailed last year, and probably won't this year either (but I might bite the bullet and go by myself or get my buddy from Cedar Rapids to come).

From a guy I got a Medvec sweater from who was a season ticket holder he said it was a great start, and then it just went downhill from there as the team did. I would think with all these moves there would be a lot more buzz now, and certainly at the start of the season.

Lets go :D

Yes, all of them.

Hows the night life in that city?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Keranen is going to be a fun player to watch! Thus kid has skill and vision...still needs a little work, but has great instincts, and Iowa is going to love him until he gets the NHL call. I think he will see games in the NHL if/when an injury occurs. Maybe a year or two from making the show full time.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Keranen is going to be a fun player to watch! Thus kid has skill and vision...still needs a little work, but has great instincts, and Iowa is going to love him until he gets the NHL call. I think he will see games in the NHL if/when an injury occurs. Maybe a year or two from making the show full time.

Not gun happen. He hasn't made his millions yet, so he'll likely head to SM-liiga/KHL/NLA if things won't work out for him in a relatively short time.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not gun happen. He hasn't made his millions yet, so he'll likely head to SM-liiga/KHL/NLA if things won't work out for him in a relatively short time.

Russo said in his blog that he's open to going to Iowa apparently.

As I said, I think he gets games in the NHL this year. I think he's aware that's likely and that's why he's going to stick around.

A year or two means as soon as next year for being an NHL regular, after being up and down this year.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Russo said in his blog that he's open to going to Iowa apparently.

As I said, I think he gets games in the NHL this year. I think he's aware that's likely and that's why he's going to stick around.

I'm sure he could spend even a year in Iowa but I think he'll rather take the big bucks for assurance after the NA experience. That could change if he gets a real chance in the big league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad