2014-15 Canucks NHL Fantasy Keeper League PLUS (Part 2)

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I don't mind going back into the commissioner role, so long as people are willing to play by the rules and not complain when the rules are applied.

I don't mind playing by the rules, but rules can be interpreted differently...I don't want to take part in a dictatorship...I'd prefer that we have a "GM's meeting" twice a year where we can discuss rules and possible changes and it can be voted on by all the managers.

arsmaster*

I don't mind playing by the rules, but rules can be interpreted differently...I don't want to take part in a dictatorship...I'd prefer that we have a "GM's meeting" twice a year where we can discuss rules and possible changes and it can be voted on by all the managers.

I agree with this.

The rule that caused the biggest issues I found to be ridiculous, and it's just unnecessary.

If we're all going to be part of it, we should all have some say.

That said, Y2K is a much better commisioner than I was. I'll definitely be back. Just clear up that "keeper list" problem and it should be another fun one.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm willing to discuss rules, but there are some rules that are deemed "foundational" rules. If you want to play in this league this is what it's going to be. If you don't, well that's fine too. Nobody is forcing anyone to be here. I think we have a good group of people to have a fun league, but with that you have to play by the rules.

For instance: one rule that I won't change is the roster limit preventing hoarding of IR players.

arsmaster*

I'm willing to discuss rules, but there are some rules that are deemed "foundational" rules. If you want to play in this league this is what it's going to be. If you don't, well that's fine too. Nobody is forcing anyone to be here. I think we have a good group of people to have a fun league, but with that you have to play by the rules.

For instance: one rule that I won't change is the roster limit preventing hoarding of IR players.

Well whatever rule cost the guy tavares and kane needs to be looked at. This league is a good time with good people. I enjoy it, but I understand why people quit after losing there best players because of a move that didn't effect anything.

I love that foundational is now a buzz word by the way.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Well whatever rule cost the guy tavares and kane needs to be looked at. This league is a good time with good people. I enjoy it, but I understand why people quit after losing there best players because of a move that didn't effect anything.

If that owner had have been more active and on top of his lineup he wouldn't have lost those players. It's a commitment thing and it's designed to keep managers engaged.

Foundational is now infamous in the Vancouver hockey scene :laugh:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I hope, for the sake of this pool, there are no Jim Benning's on board. :laugh:

I maintain the same position I had last year. I run my leagues a certain way. If you don't like it, fine. I don't need to be commissioner and I'm not trying to strong arm my way into that role.

If you think you can run the league better then go ahead, I'll be happy to renew the league and give you commissioner control.

As arsmaster discovered last year, running the league and staying on top of everything isn't that easy.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I maintain the same position I had last year. I run my leagues a certain way. If you don't like it, fine. I don't need to be commissioner and I'm not trying to strong arm my way into that role.

If you think you can run the league better then go ahead, I'll be happy to renew the league and give you commissioner control.

As arsmaster discovered last year, running the league and staying on top of everything isn't that easy.

I'm not interested in running the league, but like I said, im not interested in being in a league that's ruled with an iron fist either...if that's the way it's going to go, I'll just step aside...it won't be hard to replace me.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
So where do we stand on this? Have we democratically chosen to be a dictatorship? So far it looks like there's only one person who's actively against it, but there's also no one else willing to step up as commissioner, so I guess there's not much choice anyways...

We should probably figure this out soon though so we can have the draft, etc.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Since arsmaster was the commissioner last year, he would have to actively renew the league in Yahoo (sign-ups are up), and then transfer commissioner powers to whomever (me?).

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
And for the record, the "dictatorship" isn't really a dictatorship. It's basically, these are the rules and abide by them. I have another hockey league that is entering its 10th season, and a baseball league that's in its 11th season under this type of operation.

arsmaster*

#DidntHappen

I renewed the league this morning. Just trying to figure out how to give you the commish responsibilities.
------
We've scrapped the Rookie Draft, so unless the guys were activated at the end of the season, they're all FA's.

arsmaster*

Nevermind, need people to sign up first and then I can grant commish access.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I thought I posted this already, but can't seem to find it, so here goes:
For the record, I still hate the rule. If it ever bites me in the ass severely, which it may well (I'm forgetful), I will just quit at that point. I also don't fault anyone else if they do the same. However, until that time comes I'll make the best of it and enjoy the league.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
And for the record, the "dictatorship" isn't really a dictatorship. It's basically, these are the rules and abide by them. I have another hockey league that is entering its 10th season, and a baseball league that's in its 11th season under this type of operation.

If there is only one person setting and enforcing the rules, then its a dictatorship...I have no problem following rules, but I like the opportunity to discuss and change rules if it's agreed upon by a majority of GM's in order to make the league better. For the most part everything runs smoothly, but there are times when rules hinder or take away from the game, I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to have discussions and democratically make changes when it's deemed to be positive for the league.

For the record, I think its a very good CBA and it was well thought out, but even the best charter documents need adjustments over time. The NHL CBA changes periodically, why couldn't ours?

Either way, I really like the league and I'd prefer to stay, but I'd like to see a more flexible system in place for GM's to have a say...which I think is also a good thing because it allows players to feel more a part of something to a greater extent.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat

Was this before my time? Both these players were on my team last year. What rule is being discussed here?

arsmaster*

Was this before my time? Both these players were on my team last year. What rule is being discussed here?

Before your time.
---

3 managers yet to sign up.

Rev isn't returning so we need at least one more guy.

y2k is in charge now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4