2014-15 Canucks NHL Fantasy Keeper League PLUS (Part 2)

arsmaster*

Any player previously drafted in the now defunct entry draft will be a FA at the end of this season. Makes sense to just get rid of this at some point, so if you've got a guy who you think might make the NHL next year and you want to keep him you must activate him before the close of the season.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Any player previously drafted in the now defunct entry draft will be a FA at the end of this season. Makes sense to just get rid of this at some point, so if you've got a guy who you think might make the NHL next year and you want to keep him you must activate him before the close of the season.

Also, according to the CBA...if a player drafted from the rookie draft plays 41 NHL games, he either needs to be brought up to the regular lineup or be released to free agency status.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Also, according to the CBA...if a player drafted from the rookie draft plays 41 NHL games, he either needs to be brought up to the regular lineup or be released to free agency status.

Yup. Was hoping to sneak someone good at the end of the draft. Tom Wilson and Mikhail Grigorenko just didn't cut it for me.

arsmaster*

Hey sorry guys I ****ed up my dates, but that will probably benefit you guys this season. Nik Backstrom round 5. yuck.

You didn't mess up the dates, they changed because of a browser issue and my busyness this weekend.

Sorry for that, but it's in the past now.

Here's to another good season.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

just a suggestion, another keeper league on this board has a function where you can "stash" a player(s). I'm not sure yet exactly how it works but that might be something for us to consider transitioning from the entry draft.

FWIW, I also really like the "utility" player option.

I'm only brining it up because if we were going to make any changes or minor tweaks to the league I suppose now would be the best time to do it.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
just a suggestion, another keeper league on this board has a function where you can "stash" a player(s). I'm not sure yet exactly how it works but that might be something for us to consider transitioning from the entry draft.

FWIW, I also really like the "utility" player option.

I'm only brining it up because if we were going to make any changes or minor tweaks to the league I suppose now would be the best time to do it.

I read about that. It's kinda similar to our farm team. I personally find the whole notion quite stupid actually. Either have a farm team or dont.

arsmaster*

I read about that. It's kinda similar to our farm team. I personally find the whole notion quite stupid actually. Either have a farm team or dont.

Yeah, I like the dumb downed version of no-farm team. I realize it takes some of the fun out of projecting for the future out of the whole deal, but I look at my farm team and other than me trading Lindholm last year, I don't see Pouliot making the NHL team soon, and only Vasilevsky looks to have NHL ability in the next few years.

I'd rather do away with it myself, too much to track, and pretty much most of the guys won't get activated for 5 years.

I like the utility option too.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Who's the best "utility" position player in the NHL?

The reason fantasy baseball has a utility position is to account for the DH. Hockey has no such thing.

arsmaster*

Who's the best "utility" position player in the NHL?

The reason fantasy baseball has a utility position is to account for the DH. Hockey has no such thing.

It's obviously not for a rover, although Byfuglien is the best utility player, and I rode Brent Burns and his utility position to a title last year.

It's more about using more of your bench obviously.

If we want to talk about useless stuff, PIM's should be done away with. More often than not they're a bad thing in games, but having lots in fantasy is a good thing.

that's why it's fantasy.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
It's obviously not for a rover, although Byfuglien is the best utility player, and I rode Brent Burns and his utility position to a title last year.

It's more about using more of your bench obviously.

If we want to talk about useless stuff, PIM's should be done away with. More often than not they're a bad thing in games, but having lots in fantasy is a good thing.

that's why it's fantasy.

I'm against a utility slot. Your argument about using more of your bench? Well if that's the objective, we should just go with 20 utility slots and no position slots, so every player can be dressed every night. The whole point of having positions is to create the opportunity for positional drafting strategy, and utility slots work against that effect.

PIMs, although inherently bad, are at least correlated to aggressive play. Hits/takeaways may be better metrics now that they're options, and I wouldn't object to them, but they're also more arbitrary/subjective (e.g. biased arena stats guys count them instead of refs).

arsmaster*

Don't forget to set your lineups tonight. Only one game. Our season is upon us.

arsmaster*

Don't forget to set your lineups tonight. Only one game. Our season is upon us.

BrockH, 94Eleven, and Son of a Dawson did not set their lineups.

Commishing is going to be a pain in the ars (lol) if I have to get on people to set their lineups.

BrockH of all people :naughty: should know that I already got my pee pee wacked in the other pool we're in for not dressing all my active guys on a sunday.

Guess, I'm going to have to read the CBA and see what the repercussions for this are.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
BrockH, 94Eleven, and Son of a Dawson did not set their lineups.

Commishing is going to be a pain in the ars (lol) if I have to get on people to set their lineups.

BrockH of all people :naughty: should know that I already got my pee pee wacked in the other pool we're in for not dressing all my active guys on a sunday.

Guess, I'm going to have to read the CBA and see what the repercussions for this are.

Ya, I know. In my defense, I also admitted that I'm forgetful about it. My lineup's set through week's end now.

Pretty sure the CBA is open to interpretation on the issue. Basically if you think someone's forgetting lineups to the point where it's impacting the league or having a detrimental effect, you can punish or replace them as you see fit. Going from memory on that so feel free to double check.

arsmaster*

Ya, I know. In my defense, I also admitted that I'm forgetful about it. My lineup's set through week's end now.

Pretty sure the CBA is open to interpretation on the issue. Basically if you think someone's forgetting lineups to the point where it's impacting the league or having a detrimental effect, you can punish or replace them as you see fit. Going from memory on that so feel free to double check.

Yeah, we're very early in this season, I just don't want to have to look over peoples teams every day.

arsmaster*

Yeah, so this thread has been buried.

I need a quality C....looking to move James Neal to get it done. Willing to skimp on quality if it's youth that may be worth keeping or a comparable contributor straight across.

Neal is a lw/rw...wouldn't mind a C with dual position, but it's not important. I've made it this far with only 3 C's.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
So uh, KeslerKrony hasn't been active since before I left for Europe.

Also of note: I enjoyed my Eurotrip this year from August 23-September 14.

arsmaster*

Yeah so that's pretty Effed sorry for missing that guys.

No warnings. We'll be getting a new manager. ASAP.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00