Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Myers + Stafford (Rental) > Bogosian
Lemieux + Armia + 1st > Kane + Kasdorf

Very good deal for Winnipeg.

I think the Sabres did fine.

Kane IMO is the best player in the deal and is worth more than a guy taken at the top of the 2nd round last year, a former 1st rounder in his 2nd year in the AHL improving but not exactly blowing anyone away and what is likely to be a fairly late 1st. Plus Kasdorf plays at RPI so you have to assume the Sabres' brass has seen him and liked him enough to ask to have him included for a reason.

Myers has been on a steady decline since his rookie season and has been pretty darn disappointing for them for 4 seasons in a row now. Bogosian is a more than adequate replacement IMO and will make them tougher to play against plus is an upstate New Yorker. If Myers turns it around in Winnipeg and gets back to being the player he was in his first couple seasons then this will look very different but at this point that was a quite a while ago IMO.

I think this is a good deal for both teams.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I really hope McDavid ends up in ARI and not BUF or EDM.

I hope he goes to Buffalo. Edmonton had 3 1st overalls in a row very recently. Buffalo had the 2nd overall last year but hasn't had the 1st pick since Turgeon in '87. They have committed ownership and could really use the help in the rebuild. Arizona's financial situation will never allow them to build and keep together a very good team IMO.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1726535&highlight=metro+predictions

Its fun to go back to the beginning of the season and check out how everyone thought the Metro would turn out.

99% of everyone astonishingly picked the Devils and Flyers to be ahead of the Caps.

I finally had to break my silence and break out the FAX on them. If only they had listened......

I mean...the season is far from over but how did anyone expect the geriatric Devils to compete and get better? How did they not see their age being a huge issue from a million miles away?

Philly I think is a good coach away from being back in the mix hard. They are making a good push now playing junk Berube hockey but its too late seemingly.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1726535&highlight=metro+predictions

Its fun to go back to the beginning of the season and check out how everyone thought the Metro would turn out.

99% of everyone astonishingly picked the Devils and Flyers to be ahead of the Caps.

I finally had to break my silence and break out the FAX on them. If only they had listened......

I mean...the season is far from over but how did anyone expect the geriatric Devils to compete and get better? How did they not see their age being a huge issue from a million miles away?

Philly I think is a good coach away from being back in the mix hard. They are making a good push now playing junk Berube hockey but its too late seemingly.

And the Flyers. Their D is atrocious and they have no forward depth.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
And the Flyers. Their D is atrocious and they have no forward depth.

Keep in mind many of those posts were likely before Timonen was announced as being out. And their forward depth looked a bit better than it turned out. Guys like Matt Read and Sean Couturier were expected to give them better results than they have. Heck, even Vinny chipped in for 20G for them last year, as opposed to the healthy scratch version they got this year.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Florida squandering their opportunity. They were 9 pts back of us and 4 pts back of Boston with 3 games in hand. Lost two in a row and are now 4-5-1 in their last 10. Kulikov is also going to get a call from the league about his hit on Seguin last night.

Philly also now tied with us in GP w/ 55 and losers of 2 straight. 12 pts back.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
And they say the refs don't side with the Pens.

So Crosby goes into the box for tripping. The refs huddle up and somehow decide that it actually isn't tripping and pull him out of the box. I have NEVER seen that happen before.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
And they say the refs don't side with the Pens.

So Crosby goes into the box for tripping. The refs huddle up and somehow decide that it actually isn't tripping and pull him out of the box. I have NEVER seen that happen before.

Been following along on Twitter and apparently that's the third time it's happened this season (all different teams).

ryan519*

Florida squandering their opportunity. They were 9 pts back of us and 4 pts back of Boston with 3 games in hand. Lost two in a row and are now 4-5-1 in their last 10. Kulikov is also going to get a call from the league about his hit on Seguin last night.

Philly also now tied with us in GP w/ 55 and losers of 2 straight. 12 pts back.

Makes me almost vomit to think of philly making a comeback to sneak into the postseason. Would be really cool to see Florida knock out Boston though. If things stay how they are, Boston will be out in the first round anyway with a matchup against Montreal. That team is like kryptonite to them

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Makes me almost vomit to think of philly making a comeback to sneak into the postseason. Would be really cool to see Florida knock out Boston though. If things stay how they are, Boston will be out in the first round anyway with a matchup against Montreal. That team is like kryptonite to them

Florida in the playoffs just doesn't interest me and I'm sure most hockey fans outside the state of Florida feel the same, whereas Boston against Montreal in the first round whoa! Their rivalry is why they are slated for the next WC. Now if Florida ever relocates to Quebec, then a Quebec/Montreal would be a great rivalry.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
ppevyntc9gx5ljipjseb.gif

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Wow. Halak is baaaad. And if Lundqvist isn't healthy Rangers are **** too.

I really hope the Rangers don't finish first. I was really looking forward to facing the Islanders in the first round. The last team I want to face in the east are the Rangers. Pens or Isles please. Lundqvist is the sole reason I don't want us to face the Rangers. That and we've played them a billion times in the past 7 years.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I really hope the Rangers don't finish first. I was really looking forward to facing the Islanders in the first round. The last team I want to face in the east are the Rangers. Pens or Isles please. Lundqvist is the sole reason I don't want us to face the Rangers. That and we've played them a billion times in the past 7 years.

i believe you have underestimated that number

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah I'd love to play the isles in the first. Gotta beat Em all eventually though. If it's not meant to be then it's not meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad