League News: 2014-15 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I like Nick Schultz but ...what the heck are the Flyers doing here? They are in a tight cap spot, with uncertainty of the cap, a few really bad contracts and a big raise upcoming to Voracek.

They need to be bringing up their young cheap dmen and giving them those minutes and saving cap space.

This was pretty dumb especially considering they could have gotten a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Schultz.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Agreed they should have probably seized the opportunity to cash in on a good season from Schultz on the trade market. However, this likely signals them making other trades instead (Grossmann and/or Coburn being the most likely).

Schenn, Coburn?

Coburn is actually solid D but he's having a horrid season. Not nearly worth his 4.5m cap hit for this season.

Totally forgot Schenn exists, but I don't really think either of them are significantly overpaid. Especially not Coburn.

ryan519*

I would laugh so hard if NJ made Oates their full time HC

And damn, Bruins losing 3-1 to the Oilers of all teams. What is going on with them

Last edited by a moderator:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Florida only 1 point behind Boston now and they still have 15 home games left to Boston's 11. I hope Florida can surpass them, even with their low ROW totals. That market could really use the playoffs again.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Florida only 1 point behind Boston now and they still have 15 home games left to Boston's 11. I hope Florida can surpass them, even with their low ROW totals. That market could really use the playoffs again.

They're tied for 4th fewest ROW in the East with Toronto and Ottawa and only trail Buffalo, Carolina, and New Jersey. It would be embarrassing if they made the playoffs.

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
I like Nick Schultz but ...what the heck are the Flyers doing here? They are in a tight cap spot, with uncertainty of the cap, a few really bad contracts and a big raise upcoming to Voracek.

They need to be bringing up their young cheap dmen and giving them those minutes and saving cap space.

This was pretty dumb especially considering they could have gotten a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Schultz.

no more dumb than us giving the same type contracts to Schultz and Erskine :sarcasm:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think its hilarious S1d felt the need to fight so soon after Ovi showed him up at the whole captaincy thing

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I think its hilarious S1d felt the need to fight so soon after Ovi showed him up at the whole captaincy thing

What's gotta be more disturbing for the Pens is that Sid felt like he had to fight in order for the crap to be cut. It's not like it's some big secret that Dubi tries to get him off his game. But is there anyone on the Pens that would worry Dubi - don't think so. It's a team full of guys who like to stir ****, but very few who are actually willing to go. Steve Downie has been reduced to not being able to do more than sucker punch Jack Hillen. That's the worst of both worlds for Sid - the weasel stuff pulled by Lapierre, Downie, Kunitz riles up the opponents, but Sid has no protection if the opponents come after him. Who on that team right now is gonna pull a Matt Bradley for him? Latta and Wilson say of Nicky: "No one touches our Dad." Who's doing that for Sid? You better believe he's wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad