League News: 2014-15 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Death to the Flortheast division!

aU415kd.jpg

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
For the time being, they've become the Tiger Woods of hockey.

They need to refocus. They got enough peaces to be good for the long time. Drew is great, Quick is quick, plenty of experience and competent GM. They are tired a bit probably. No big deal.

Maybe they will release Williams for rent and then sign him again :D

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
True Lundqvist is the face of that team, but hasn't Talbot been excellent for them as well? I think they're going to be ok.

small sample size yeah.. but.

GP W L T OT SO GA SA SV% GAA MIN
12 5 4 - 1 3 23 304 .924 2.14 645

and...

Mike Kelly @MikeKellyNHL
NYR: 3rd best team save % this season (.921) Talbot has never played more than 5 games in a month. NYR enter stretch of 6 games in 10 days.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
True Lundqvist is the face of that team, but hasn't Talbot been excellent for them as well? I think they're going to be ok.

Yeah he's been very good as a backup but then again he has played slightly over 5 games in the last 2 months. Now he's pretty much expected to play atleast twice as much in the span of 3 weeks.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I feel dirty even saying this

Go Flyers :shakehead

I maybe the only one who thinks this but I believe the Islanders to be a paper tiger.

Aren't they now 7-1 in shootouts? I know 2 of their OT wins were against us via 4-3 PP. I'm not sold on that team.

Montreal also...their formula appears to be 1. Get steamrolled physically and via puck possession 2. Price ....3. Timely goal and victory!

Of course, Caps two remaining games against the Rangers are March and April 11th at the Verizon Center.:rant:

Wait...we only played the Rangers once this year right? Am I losing my mind?

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I maybe the only one who thinks this but I believe the Islanders to be a paper tiger.

Aren't they now 7-1 in shootouts? I know 2 of their OT wins were against us via 4-3 PP. I'm not sold on that team.

Montreal also...their formula appears to be 1. Get steamrolled physically and via puck possession 2. Price ....3. Timely goal and victory!

Wait...we only played the Rangers once this year right? Am I losing my mind?

Swap in Halak and you've got the formula for the infamous playoff series. :(

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
nothing to fear in the Isles ... but they have hung around for longer than I thought they would ... dream opponent for the first round in my view

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
nothing to fear in the Isles ... but they have hung around for longer than I thought they would ... dream opponent for the first round in my view

I don't know about that. That would have a seven game series written all over it and it would be a punishing series and add Halak to the mix and the Caps history with him in the playoffs.

I would prefer the Pens for so many reasons, but mostly for the joy of us having the opportunity to knock them out of the playoffs.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Assuming Lundqvist is back and effective, the Rangers are the team I fear most in the Metro, pretty easily. Heck, even without Lundqvist they still might be the best team. They have the best goal differential, and are only two points behind us with four games in hand. They have plenty of team speed, a deep defense, a top goalscorer, and arguably the best goaltender in the world. I'll take anyone else in the metro over them.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
the rangers have had a really advantageous schedule. I just looked as was shocked. They have 4 games in hand. They have played 5 fewer road games than the Caps. So, they have had a home heavy schedule with more rest than most.

The result is they will be on the road a lot and in March they have like FIVE sets of back to backs.

I looked to see if they were going to have to make up those games in hand while Lundqvist was out and they don't. they play a nice even every other night til March.

but that stretch run is brutal and they will pay a price. making up that many games in hand is never done at home and on rest.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Rangers at Preds this afternoon and Isle at Bruins along with the Pens at Canucks this evening, here's hoping for a bad day for the Metropolitan Division.:handclap:

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
They need to refocus. They got enough peaces to be good for the long time. Drew is great, Quick is quick, plenty of experience and competent GM. They are tired a bit probably. No big deal.

Maybe they will release Williams for rent and then sign him again :D

If I were an LA fan, I'd actually be worried. They went from a second pairing of Mitchell-Voynov to Regehr-Martinez, which is a huge downgrade. They're paying huge amounts of money to Richards, Brown, and Quick and getting an AHLer, a worse version of Brouwer, and a league average goalie for it (seriously, that's 17.5M right there, all signed through at least 2020). Next year, new deals kick in for Muzzin and Martinez bumping each of them up to 4M/year. They've got to resign or replace Williams (1RW), Stoll (3C), and Regehr (2LD), and Toffoli, Pearson, and Clifford are all RFAs. Their prospect pool is pretty bare at this point too. The Kings are honestly kind of a mess. They're just lucky Quick, Carter, and Richards are on those illegal back-diving deals, or they'd be even more screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad