Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
via @lakingsinsider

B83PqgdIYAEcS05.jpg:large

Back left people, back left.

He does stand out. Wow he must really be grinning. Made it to the White House on a Stanley Cup champion. Not a big part but still enough.

Congrats to Schultz.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Why did Backes not get a suspension on the Alzner hit? I looked at the Rinaldo hit on Letang and Rinaldo was suspended 8 EIGHT games.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
(luckily) Alzner wasn't hurt and Backes doesn't have a history of dirty play on par with Rinaldo's

Backes didn't even miss a game. He played in Tampa tonight.

Define "wasn't hurt" I saw blood and stitches obtained from a head injury incurred by a violent hit to square to the back of a defenceless player. How more classic can you get of what player safety preaches.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Weak. Looks like the Fishman logo on a blue practice jersey. Should have gone all out.

I loved those Jersey's. They were a great source of humor and always reminded me of the Gorton's fisherman dude! Pure awesome.

Isn't that the year the Caps sold out and went with the Teal, black and bronze eagle jerseys? ughhh

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Backes didn't even miss a game. He played in Tampa tonight.

Define "wasn't hurt" I saw blood and stitches obtained from a head injury incurred by a violent hit to square to the back of a defenceless player. How more classic can you get of what player safety preaches.

Backes should be suspended. And I say that as a Blues/Backes fan.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
In the First Round, the division winner with the best record in each conference will be matched against the wild-card team with the lesser record; the wild card team with the better record will play the other division winner.

Hmm, I thought if there are 4 teams from one division they play in the same part of the playoff grid. I was wrong!

Funny.

But I don't care who to play against. Montreal?! Good. Pitts? Good. Isles? Good.

Rangers is the one I'd like to avoid for 1st round.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I think Montreal is one that i would prefer to avoid. Along with Rangers and Boston. While we still could beat any of those teams, i would prefer to not be playing against any 3 of the top-5 goalies in the league.

That being said there aren't really any team i'd fear. Would be very confident going in the series against any of NYI, PIT, TBL or DET.

Pipe dream scenario:

WSH (2) - (3) PIT
- Favourable match-up for WSH.

NYI (1) - (1WC) BOS
- NYI match well against Boston, and i want them out quickly.

MTL (1) - (2WC) NYR
- One of the elite goalies out.

TBL (2) - (3) DET
- Rest who are left.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Going against Rask is a risk :) He's motivated guy who happens to be elite and in his prime. Good thing the probability of BOS-WSH in the 1st round is like 0.01%

2nd round is another story. You have to beat any team to get in ECF. Do or die.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Going against Rask is a risk :) He's motivated guy who happens to be elite and in his prime. Good thing the probability of BOS-WSH in the 1st round is like 0.01%

2nd round is another story. You have to beat any team to get in ECF. Do or die.

Too early to start worrying about the 2nd round... especially since we are in the East.

The possibility of winning the Western Conference and even then possibly facing 2 of Chicago, St.Louis or LA in the first 2 rounds... yikes. :laugh:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Hmm, I thought if there are 4 teams from one division they play in the same part of the playoff grid.

I thought the same thing. I was under the impression that if the 8 playoff teams in a conference broke out 4 from each division then the first two rounds would be played within the division and it was only if 5 teams came from 1 division and 3 from the other did one team move out of the divisional play for the first two rounds.

Having Boston play in the Patrick division bracket and the Caps in the Adams division bracket makes absolutely no sense to me.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
I'd accept us playing anybody but NYR. I'm so sick of that team and the calls that go their way.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
My ideal scenario would be 3 pretty good rivalries:
Caps - Pens
Isles - Rangers
Boston - Montreal

And 1 prodigal son story-line
Tampa-Detroit (Stevie Y. returns to Detroit)

And now let us pray that the hockey gods do not smote the Caps because I presumed a playoff spot for them in February.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
My ideal scenario would be 3 pretty good rivalries:
Caps - Pens
Isles - Rangers
Boston - Montreal

And 1 prodigal son story-line
Tampa-Detroit (Stevie Y. returns to Detroit)

And now let us pray that the hockey gods do not smote the Caps because I presumed a playoff spot for them in February.

Hard to predict such standings :) But that would be 100% awesome!

Bad thing I've got no visa yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad