GDT: 2014/04/26 - Wild @ Avalanche - GAME FIVE - 8:30ct/4:30suomi - FSNorth/Alt/NBCSN/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
only thing left to do is play game 6.

Really nothing has changed. All the Wild have to do is win all their home games and win one in Colorado.

The good thing about it though is if they win the series, they'll do it in front of Avs fans and the tears will be a flowin. And I will take great pride in it and sing and laugh and dance.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Good Lord...not one, but 2 terrible calls in the final minute. The holding of Coyle seemed to last forever and is the worst of the blunders.

The NHL admin needs a house-cleaning.

Lucic spears a guy, and gets nothing.

Two weeks later, he does it again, and gets a fine.

Chicago coach has a bit of a meltdown and gets fined FIVE times the amount
Lucic had to pay for that second spear.

Priorities?

Tonight...well, that stinks to high heaven.

Beat them in Game Six, and stun them in Game 7.

Pulling for the Wild.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
The good thing about it though is if they win the series, they'll do it in front of Avs fans and the tears will be a flowin. And I will take great pride in it and sing and laugh and dance.

This right here would make everything worth it. But can it happen? Ughh idk.. I'll feel better in the morning. Gosh I hope it can happen like that.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Remember the last time we were down 3-2 to the Avalanche in the playoffs heading back to Minnesota?

Hope they can work some of that magic.

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
i have to say the wild got absolutely robbed this game by the refs. that was clearly a holding call on coyle there when the avs tied the game. I don't how the refs missed that ****. I couldnt' believe my eyes when that wasn't called. That was more clear then that offside in my opinion. Avs didn't deserve this. All this controversary is really taking away the excitement of the game. NHL needs to do something or they will start losing some fans.

Thanks, Nucks fan, for seeing that. Canucks were victims of some key non-calls in the finals vs. the Bruins a couple years back, so their fans probably get it. *** the NHL when their obvious non-calls change the outcome. Why even pay to watch that stuff?

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
IMO this game was reffed worse than game 6 between the Lakers and Kings back in the early 2000's,

You know I don't want to bring tv ratings into this, but I must. It's not just the Wild that don't get calls, it's the Vikings as well (2010). The Twins and Wolves never do anything, so it doesn't matter. To me it seems like someone wants Minnesota to have pro sports teams, but they never want them to go anywhere. And that brings me back to the ratings, but I'll just leave it alone. I'm done

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
You know I don't want to bring tv ratings into this, but I must. It's not just the Wild that don't get calls, it's the Vikings as well (2010). The Twins and Wolves never do anything, so it doesn't matter. To me it seems like someone wants Minnesota to have pro sports teams, but they never want them to go anywhere. And that brings me back to the ratings, but I'll just leave it alone. I'm done

2010 was N'awlins year, you could see it with the calls they had all year. It wasn't just the NFC championship game, it was the whole god damn season.

I honestly don't know what reason the NHL would have to want Colorado in the 2nd round over us. History I guess? Roy? I can't think of genuine motivation.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
2010 was N'awlins year, you could see it with the calls they had all year. It wasn't just the NFC championship game, it was the whole god damn season.

I honestly don't know what reason the NHL would have to want Colorado in the 2nd round over us. History I guess? Roy? I can't think of genuine motivation.

My theory is that they want to make all those young stars the next dynasty team. They want them to be like the Penguins have been in the past few seasons.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

Because MacKinnon is Pierre's next obsession. The Wild don't have a superstar that could replace Ovechkin in Verizon ads as he falls from grace.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
If the Wild don't move on into the second round I'll probably be done with the NHL permanently. I can see the similarities to the NBA playoffs now. :shakehead

Nobody is as biased as these refs were tonight on purpose. As far as I'm concerned this series should have been over with tonight. The Wild should have won the series 4 to 1 tonight if the officiating was on the up and up, but insted they are down 3 to 2 with the Avies having a chance to win on Monday. This Avie team full of pukes and punks doesn't deserve to even be in this series.

I honestly don't think anyone can argue with a straight face that there isn't a bias against the Wild. It's ****ing real and it's being done right in front of our damn faces.

Also, why do their fans hate being called Avies? I don't get it. :laugh:

I think the claims of bias are absurd. The issue with the refs is that it is the playoffs where traditionally the game isn't called as tight. The problem with these refs is they seem to pick and choose when to call it and when not to even when it's as obvious as the hold on Coyle. I can understand letting the questionable things go, but when it's staring you in the face, when the hold isn't quick but lasts most of the way from the red line to the blue line you gotta call it. There were bad calls and non calls both ways in every game thus far, but only one game changer.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think the claims of bias are absurd. The issue with the refs is that it is the playoffs where traditionally the game isn't called as tight. The problem with these refs is they seem to pick and choose when to call it and when not to even when it's as obvious as the hold on Coyle. I can understand letting the questionable things go, but when it's staring you in the face, when the hold isn't quick but lasts most of the way from the red line to the blue line you gotta call it. There were bad calls and non calls both ways in every game thus far, but only one game changer.

Llama posted a video earlier of the refs screwing us over in the 2nd period.

Koivu got an even up call for being piunched in the back of the head, and then, who was it, Coyle? got taken for getting crosschecked at our bench. I think that was the call.

The bias was painfully obvious in this one.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
So after having to watch that game my laptop decided to get a random BSOD. and then not be able to start up. And then not be able to do a system restore. Somehow randomly its working now, but my god I nearly cried.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas

Koivu got an even up call for being piunched in the back of the head, and then, who was it, Coyle? got taken for getting crosschecked at our bench. I think that was the call.

And the slash for a broken stick right in front of one ref they didn't call? If there is a bias then they would call everything they see against the Wild, not just a couple ghost calls. The reffing has been horrible for both teams at different times in this series, HORRIBLE! The refs are lousy, not biased.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

Yeah I'm not a conspiracy nut by any means--particularly because it's just wildly implausible that they'd actually be fixing games or have any reason to favor the Avs--but man it's hard to ignore the flagrant imbalance here. I wonder if the home-team-advantage has just gone their way more consistently this series, or if someone has a bad reputation/rapport with the refs (I mused earlier that it could be Yeo, just based on how weirdly timid he seems to be about bad calls lately...but just to be clear that is 100% speculation), or what. But there's pretty obviously something wrong here, in terms of a strong unconscious bias.

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
Remember the last time we were down 3-2 to the Avalanche in the playoffs heading back to Minnesota?

Hope they can work some of that magic.

Some might remember the bad call that almost cost us that series, too. Third period of game 7, tied 1-1, and one of the Avs puts his stick up in Darby Hendrickson's (I think it was him) armpit and pretends like Hendrickson's holding his stick. Hendrickson gets called for a phantom penalty and Sakic scores on the PP to make it 2-1 Avs with less than 10 minutes to go. Then Rob Blake gets whistled for what was probably a make-up call because the Hendrickson penalty was obviously so bogus. Gaborik scores on the Wild PP with about 5 minutes left, and that set up the overtime heroics. Refs owe us some make-up calls big time in game 7!

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Yeah I'm not a conspiracy nut by any means--particularly because it's just wildly implausible that they'd actually be fixing games or have any reason to favor the Avs--but man it's hard to ignore the flagrant imbalance here. I wonder if the home-team-advantage has just gone their way more consistently this series, or if someone has a bad reputation/rapport with the refs (I mused earlier that it could be Yeo, just based on how weirdly timid he seems to be about bad calls lately...but just to be clear that is 100% speculation), or what. But there's pretty obviously something wrong here, in terms of a strong unconscious bias.

I want to point out that I'm just speculating as well, but something is really wrong. People said this would happen as well before the game started.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I don't so much think that the refs are calling games to make sure that the Avs win, but that they are being incredibly inconsistent and basically not doing their jobs.

There's nothing in the rule book that says that calls shouldn't be made in the playoffs or late in games or OT or whatever. But that's what happens. And that causes problems.

When you pick and choose what and when you are going to call and let stuff go, then try to even things out, etc...it causes problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad