GDT: 2014/04/26 - Wild @ Avalanche - GAME FIVE - 8:30ct/4:30suomi - FSNorth/Alt/NBCSN/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
i have to say the wild got absolutely robbed this game by the refs. that was clearly a holding call on coyle there when the avs tied the game. I don't how the refs missed that ****. I couldnt' believe my eyes when that wasn't called. That was more clear then that offside in my opinion. Avs didn't deserve this. All this controversary is really taking away the excitement of the game. NHL needs to do something or they will start losing some fans.

Thanks for this and I completely agree. The NHL has to do something about this.

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
Asked before. Can someone expand on what happens when refs just miss blatant damn calls like this. It's the playoffs!

I'm guessing most readers here watched the game on Fox Sports North. I'm out east and watched NBC Sports Network and you all should know Jeremy Roenick was right on the blown calls after regulation and again after the winning goal - both the blown hold on Coyle and also the offsides. He said Minnesota fans should be angry at what happened. Not that it helps any, but it's not just the home town announcers complaining. They really screwed this one up. The league should have to make a statement, but I don't know if they have the guts to do so.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I'm guessing most readers here watched the game on Fox Sports North. I'm out east and watched NBC Sports Network and you all should know Jeremy Roenick was right on the blown calls after regulation and again after the winning goal - both the blown hold on Coyle and also the offsides. He said Minnesota fans should be angry at what happened. Not that it helps any, but it's not just the home town announcers complaining. They really screwed this one up. The league should have to make a statement, but I don't know if they have the guts to do so.

Saw the same thing. Even more shocking was Kerry Fraser was calling them out on Twitter.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Got to give some credit to the Avs also. They're tough, Roy is bold, they made all those late goals. But but Why..Why?? ****.

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
Many on this thread predicted just such an outcome before the game even started due to Meier and Sutherland being assigned this game. It happened... in spades. Not another dime from my pocket for this farce of a league, ever.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
AvsLine_zps5c1c75fe.jpg~original

Last edited:

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
If Yeo had a spine he'd walk up to the podium "Refs...what an absolute joke" walk off and take no questions.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
i have to say the wild got absolutely robbed this game by the refs. that was clearly a holding call on coyle there when the avs tied the game. I don't how the refs missed that ****. I couldnt' believe my eyes when that wasn't called. That was more clear then that offside in my opinion. Avs didn't deserve this. All this controversary is really taking away the excitement of the game. NHL needs to do something or they will start losing some fans.

Now that I'm out-of-market and in an inconvenient timezone, it's actually turning out to be quite a hassle for me to follow games. If it's going to be like this, it's just not going to be worth the effort anymore.

That's a lost GameCenter subscription. Sorry Gary.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
hes not going anywhere

If it was only this game, maybe...but this was an absolute replay of game 1. After what happened, there's simply no excuse for not fixing the 6-on-5 cluster**** that is the Wild. If you can't recognize that it's a problem and correct it, you simply aren't a competent NHL coach.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
If the Wild don't move on into the second round I'll probably be done with the NHL permanently. I can see the similarities to the NBA playoffs now. :shakehead

Nobody is as biased as these refs were tonight on purpose. As far as I'm concerned this series should have been over with tonight. The Wild should have won the series 4 to 1 tonight if the officiating was on the up and up, but insted they are down 3 to 2 with the Avies having a chance to win on Monday. This Avie team full of pukes and punks doesn't deserve to even be in this series.

I honestly don't think anyone can argue with a straight face that there isn't a bias against the Wild. It's ****ing real and it's being done right in front of our damn faces.

Also, why do their fans hate being called Avies? I don't get it. :laugh:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I'd feel better if we were blown out. What's so frustrating is I truly believe we have been the better team this entire series. We should have won game 1, that was incredible how we lost and this game, the refs literally gave it illegally to Colorado. We should have won the series tonight, 4-1. Now, we are with our backs up against the wall. This is disgusting. Thanks, refs. You basically kicked a puppy doing this. We have enough bad luck in our history and you decided to really kick it up a notch tonight. Thanks. :rant:

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
only thing left to do is play game 6.

Really nothing has changed. All the Wild have to do is win all their home games and win one in Colorado.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Welp, Yeo is a wussy with a P. I never called for his job before. Always thought he would turn it around. But if you're not blowing a gasket after THAT, then get the **** off my team.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
I'm so disgusted. A game the Wild should have won. We didn't even shoot ourselves in the foot, the refs did it for us. I really hate blaming games on the refs usually but with this I see no way around it. Because it wasn't just a bad call here or there it was bad call after bad call after non-call garbage for 60+ minutes. I literally can't believe what I just witnessed quite honestly.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If the Wild don't move on into the second round I'll probably be done with the NHL permanently. I can see the similarities to the NBA playoffs now. :shakehead

Nobody is as biased as these refs were tonight on purpose. As far as I'm concerned this series should have been over with tonight. The Wild should have won the series 4 to 1 tonight if the officiating was on the up and up, but insted they are down 3 to 2 with the Avies having a chance to win on Monday. This Avie team full of pukes and punks doesn't deserve to even be in this series.

I honestly don't think anyone can argue with a straight face that there isn't a bias against the Wild. It's ****ing real and it's being done right in front of our damn faces.

Also, why do their fans hate being called Avies? I don't get it. :laugh:

IMO this game was reffed worse than game 6 between the Lakers and Kings back in the early 2000's,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad