GDT: 2014/04/26 - Wild @ Avalanche - GAME FIVE - 8:30ct/4:30suomi - FSNorth/Alt/NBCSN/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hort22

Apr 4, 2013
I can understand the no call on the non holding call on coyle...but holy **** was stastny not ****ing way offsides...Jesus no calls are one thing but there are still rules, are there not?

Billy Mays Here*

All I can do is laugh and try and take my mind off that **** show. But I know I won't be able to.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
To me, this game would have done a lot for us in this series. I think the momentum from a win here would have gave us the next game. A win here was extremely important. Refs screwed up, but that's professional sports for you.

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
As a fan, all I ever wish for is a well played, fairly officiated game where the better team wins. It's why I follow sports, as a temporary distraction from the unfairness of life in the modern world. Now this S**t.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
If the Wild didn't blow the two goal lead in game one, and if the refs didn't blow this game, Wild would have gone to the second round.

Now, their chances are not good. Sorry, but Avs have to win one game of two, with one at home.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I refuse to blame the Refs, when the Wild could have dealt with it and prevented those goals. The Wild lost because they sat back and started making mistakes.

They should have gone for the jugular with the lead, not try to sit on it!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If the Wild didn't blow the two goal lead in game one, and if the refs didn't blow this game, Wild would have gone to the second round.

Now, their chances are not good. Sorry, but Avs have to win one game of two, with one at home.

While I agree, we've been better than the Avs 2/3 games at Pepsi center. It's not outlandish to think we could win the next two.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Asked before. Can someone expand on what happens when refs just miss blatant damn calls like this. It's the playoffs!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Asked before. Can someone expand on what happens when refs just miss blatant damn calls like this. It's the playoffs!

Well if the NHL cares enough, they'll get a "disciplinary hearing", but it's all super private so no one really knows.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I have to go out and have a cigarette. Or two. Total silence and a couple of cigarettes. That's the plan right now.

That sounds like a good plan. I may go outside sit on this bench by myself overlooking a field and smoke my pipe just to calm down.

Honestly, it's stuff like this that makes me want to just quit team sports, and save thousands not buying season tickets, Wild gear and everything else because of games like these.

Losing fairly, totally cool. Losing because the team is bad? Totally cool.

Not like this though.

Now I'll be at Game 6 live, and it will be death, or some joyous high and if the Wild do win....do I even bother watching Game 7?

Last edited:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
The Wild didn't help anything by going into their ****ing shell. How often do we lose when we ****ing do that?!?!

With that said, the ****ing officiating, :facepalm: Just no words for how grossly terrible and just ****ed up it was. I really want to know how these guys can escape some kind of punishment for screwing with the game to the degree that they did.

And I swear to God if one more of our players gets punched repeatedly in the back of the ****ing head while they're down on the ice... All the while the Avs support group is *****ing about how we're ****ing dirty. If any player has shown himself to be a giant *********, hypocritical, dirty ****ing pos, it's ****ing Landeskog.

I lost so much respect for him after tonight.

Nucks780

Jul 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
i have to say the wild got absolutely robbed this game by the refs. that was clearly a holding call on coyle there when the avs tied the game. I don't how the refs missed that ****. I couldnt' believe my eyes when that wasn't called. That was more clear then that offside in my opinion. Avs didn't deserve this. All this controversary is really taking away the excitement of the game. NHL needs to do something or they will start losing some fans.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo

Yeo on offside tying goal:To sit here and dwell on it,I don’t think it’s going to do us any good.Obviuosly frustrating,obv. disappointing

Be a man, Yeo. Besides, you've only got 2 games max left with the Wild anyway. Stand up for your players and stop being a ****y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad