GDT: 2014/04/26 - Wild @ Avalanche - GAME FIVE - 8:30ct/4:30suomi - FSNorth/Alt/NBCSN/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
I want to point out that I'm just speculating as well, but something is really wrong. People said this would happen as well before the game started.

Some fan from every team says that before every game. The Refs sucked all series long, this time it altered the outcome. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
I don't so much think that the refs are calling games to make sure that the Avs win, but that they are being incredibly inconsistent and basically not doing their jobs.

There's nothing in the rule book that says that calls shouldn't be made in the playoffs or late in games or OT or whatever. But that's what happens. And that causes problems.

When you pick and choose what and when you are going to call and let stuff go, then try to even things out, etc...it causes problems.

'Zactly!

Cobra Jack*

Rangers fan here. Pulling hard for the Wild to win games 6 and 7. You guys got hosed tonight. I can't stand the Avalanche or their idiotic homer announcers who have been gushing about how wonderful the Avs are with their little b.s. late period comebacks (assisted by the refs of course).

Beat the Avs in 7. Hopefully the hockey Gods will see to it that you do. That would be justice.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
May be wrong on the player but I think it was Landeskog after he got the unsportsmanlike penalty, he pushed the ref.
Listening to the fan line and they were reading off the rules for physical contact with the ref and Landeskogs would be considered "class 3" and would come with a suspension no less than 3 games. Doubt that is even looked at though.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I don't so much think that the refs are calling games to make sure that the Avs win, but that they are being incredibly inconsistent and basically not doing their jobs.

There's nothing in the rule book that says that calls shouldn't be made in the playoffs or late in games or OT or whatever. But that's what happens. And that causes problems.

When you pick and choose what and when you are going to call and let stuff go, then try to even things out, etc...it causes problems.

I want to believe you, I really do, but I'm a person that is suspicious of large corporations that make millions of dollars.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Some fan from every team says that before every game. The Refs sucked all series long, this time it altered the outcome. [mod]

Sure, but about a dozen of us said this was coming. Wasn't just one person [mod].

Rangers fan here. Pulling hard for the Wild to win games 6 and 7. You guys got hosed tonight. I can't stand the Avalanche or their idiotic homer announcers who have been gushing about how wonderful the Avs are with their little b.s. late period comebacks (assisted by the refs of course).

Beat the Avs in 7. Hopefully the hockey Gods will see to it that you do. That would be justice.

Sorry, not happening. The hockey gods have spoken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
May be wrong on the player but I think it was Landeskog after he got the unsportsmanlike penalty, he pushed the ref.
Listening to the fan line and they were reading off the rules for physical contact with the ref and Landeskogs would be considered "class 3" and would come with a suspension no less than 3 games. Doubt that is even looked at though.

I heard that too, doubt he would get a look.

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012

It won't be. The league has no guts. Like the previous poster said, Lucic spears a guy where it hurts the most and doesn't even get a game suspension. The NHL is a bad joke.

Boogardsfist

May 3, 2013
New Brighton
NHL sucks. They don't want MN market to win. For some reason they, NHL don't make enough $ here. It's sanding what happened tonight. I gave up on NHL hockey when the ass moved the NS to Dalles and the NHL gave them a SC. Now I am done. At least my sons peewee hockey is officiated better than the NHL. College hockey and my sons hockey is all I am watching from now on.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Russo was chirping about Meier earlier tonight too. I'd say he adds credibility to our argument that Meier is biased against the Wild. This isn't the first time he's screwed us over before.

Yeah he shoved him.

And yeah I bet nothing happens. Which will be just more of the league crapping all over us.

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
. . . I gave up on NHL hockey when the ass moved the NS to Dalles and the NHL gave them a SC. Now I am done. At least my sons peewee hockey is officiated better than the NHL. College hockey and my sons hockey is all I am watching from now on.

Can't argue with any of this. And you're right about the all-time bad call in history, a no-goal that gives a team a Cup in 1999. Like I said, that league is a joke.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
The Wild coach had every right to come in screaming and yelling about Paul Stastny being offside (eerily for the second time this season against the Wild on a Colorado goal), this time leading to P.A. Parenteau’s tying goal with 1:14 left to force overtime.

He could have pointed out how Gabriel Landeskog, after holding Mikko Koivu’s stick for an eternity, jumped on Koivu’s back and began swinging away and somehow the faster, more skilled Avs get the benefit of yet another 4-on-4 in the series and score to make it 2-1 in the second.
He could have pointed out how Brad Meier watched every moment of Cody McLeod charging to the Wild bench to hit Matt Moulson from behind without the puck late in the second and somehow the ref gives the Avs a power play after Charlie Coyle goes in to defend Moulson (Coyle and McLeod were battling in the zone moments before, and maybe Meier felt he should have called Coyle, who was the more aggressive of the two, there).
And Yeo could have complained how Coyle was held by Landeskog before the tying goal in the neutral zone. That kept Coyle from getting to a loose puck and maybe an empty-netter (although, to be fair, the Wild was given a gift of a power play with 4:33 left when Landeskog snow-showered Darcy Kuemper and Minnesota failed to make it 4-2).

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/256865951.html

Cobra Jack*

Sure, but about a dozen of us said this was coming. Wasn't just one person [mod].

Sorry, not happening. The hockey gods have spoken.

Hey it aint over yet! Last year the Rangers were down 3 games to 2 and won game 6 at home, and then game 7 on the road vs. Washington, with both games being shutouts! Who saw that coming? Win the next 2 and these games you lost vs the Avs mean nothing. The Wild have been the better team so far, Avs have just been getting lucky and getting help from the zebras. Their luck will run out! :)

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
Hey it aint over yet! Last year the Rangers were down 3 games to 2 and won game 6 at home, and then game 7 on the road vs. Washington, with both games being shutouts! Who saw that coming? Win the next 2 and these games you lost vs the Avs mean nothing. The Wild have been the better team so far, Avs have just been getting lucky and getting help from the zebras. Their luck will run out! :)

I do think the Wild will win Game 6 unless Varmalov absolutely stands on his head. And then anything can happen in game 7.

Odds the Wild win a game 7: 40%
Odds the Avs win game 7: 40%
Odds the refs give the Avs game 7: at least 20%

Bet Avs.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
@RadioFalness: Unconfirmed but caught wind it could be same ref crew for game 6. Can't see how nhl could let that happen.

Please don't be true.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Its a shame the only thing that will be talked about tonight is MacKinnon and everything else will be forgotten by national media.

NHL sucks. They don't want MN market to win. For some reason they, NHL don't make enough $ here. It's sanding what happened tonight. I gave up on NHL hockey when the ass moved the NS to Dalles and the NHL gave them a SC. Now I am done. At least my sons peewee hockey is officiated better than the NHL. College hockey and my sons hockey is all I am watching from now on.

They don't need the MN market to win, they already have our $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad