Olympics: 2014 — U.S. Roster Discussion (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I did not get the impression that Ducks fans in general did make it out to be that. I mainly get the impression that we're emphatically speaking up against statements like him making the team "as a forward" or being "too soft for the competition". Which were just dumb and deserving of harsh replies. I would not consider it a travesty if he was left off. I'd disagree with the decision. But there's enough quality in the competition to not get offended by the notion of him being left off eventually.

Fowler is a great player who had a slow start to the season. I can see that he was focusing more on his play away from the puck the first 15 or so games, but since then it seems like his comfort level overall has risen and he is really looking good on both sides of the ice.

Now I don't think it would be a shock if he didn't make the team (as I really don't think he will), but his play and the way he has improved has really impressed me. He was by far and away one of my favorite players ever for Honeybaked, the USNDP, and then Windsor in the OHL.

I loved the way he played for the US at the 2010 WJC, and how he really took it to Taylor Hall all night long. Fowler is a player who is only going to be getting stronger and better though I think his time comes in 2016 for the World Cup.

If he makes the team then this defense is going to be the most mobile unit out there as they are going to want to put pressure on the opposition non stop. Fowler, Yandle, McDonagh, Suter, Shattenkirk, etc are all capable of that. Though he is no Nick Leddy :D , I am still a big fan of his and will be happy if he makes team USA. Any flaws that he has are becoming more minute over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad