Olympics: 2014 — Czech Republic Roster (Released, post #1)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I dont believe we would finish worse with any coach or assistant coach from extraliga.

Had ven! :rant:

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Hadamczik said Kaberle had a great tournament. Well said :laugh:. Guy with -5 (just fyi Rozsíval had -5 too).

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
That D was apart from Zidlicky, Smid and Gudas awful... and even those were awful from time to time. Bud Hadamczik will be there until 2015 WHC... I bet on that

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
That D was apart from Zidlicky, Smid and Gudas awful... and even those were awful from time to time. Bud Hadamczik will be there until 2015 WHC... I bet on that

Zbynek Michalek was OK too. But sure, defence was terrible. I think nobody expected it differently. We just lack elite defenseman, hell we don't even have above average NHL-caliber defenseman and that's a problem at this kind of tournament. Especially when you don't have a goalie that would make up for that.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Zbynek Michalek was OK too. But sure, defence was terrible. I think nobody expected it differently. We just lack elite defenseman, hell we don't even have above average NHL-caliber defenseman and that's a problem at this kind of tournament. Especially when you don't have a goalie that would make up for that.

I usually hate to use what if, but if we had Hejda and Kaberle would not be on the top 4, then our D would be much better. But even with current roster, the results should be better.

I just don't know why would anyone tried to play up and down hockey like we did with team USA in first period with that bad D. We couldn't handle it even against Slovakia.

Also Ondrej Pavelec's career NHL record in back-to-backs: 4-17-0, 4.22 GAA, .866 save % on 575 SA.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I usually hate to use what if, but if we had Hejda and Kaberle would not be on the top 4, then our D would be much better. But even with current roster, the results should be better.

I just don't know why would anyone tried to play up and down hockey like we did with team USA in first period with that bad D. We couldn't handle it even against Slovakia.

Also Ondrej Pavelec's career NHL record in back-to-backs: 4-17-0, 4.22 GAA, .866 save % on 575 SA.

At WHC 2013, Lojza didnt know that Hejda doesnt play PP in Colorado. How do you expect him to know this? ;)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I have to say (and I'm not trying to be an "alibista") that I was expecting us to get knocked out from the quarter-final. Aside from a slight scare vs Slovakia (and not beating Switzerland) it was pretty much as expected.

What bothers me most is really the way in which we played. Not once did I say to myself (except for part of that Slovakia game) we're playing good hockey etc. Half the time our guys looked disinterested and didn't know what they were doing. Our guys should take a look at the way Finland played against Russia and wonder why they couldn't play like that.

I was also quite shocked by our goaltending. I'm hoping Mrazek turns into something or we may be in trouble. Pavelec cost us 2-3 goals today.

Oh and Elias. The next time you make statements along the lines of "Hudler shouldn't be there instead of me" then you should back it up by your play on the ice. Now he just looks like an idiot and it serves him right (granted he was ill, but he didn't show anything when he was playing).

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Pavelec is the real problem. He's just not good.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
At WHC 2013, Lojza didnt know that Hejda doesnt play PP in Colorado. How do you expect him to know this? ;)

I didn't expect him to know that. To be fair, I don't expect anything from him when it comes to NHL players.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
The Czech D is weak, yes, and the goaltending is mediocre at best...

But the Czech coach, to me, seemed by FAR the worst coach in the tournament.
He made Bil look like Scotty Bowman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad