Olympics: 2014 — Czech Republic Roster (Released, post #1)

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
So new lines?
1st line: Židlický, Å míd - Jágr, Plekanec, Červenka.
2nd line: Kaberle, Rozsíval - Hemský, Krejčí, M. Michálek.
3rd line: Z. Michálek, Barinka - Voráček, Eliáš, Erat.
4th line: Gudas, Krajíček - Nedvěd, Hanzal, Frolík.
Palát, Novotný.

Can someone explain to me why Palat is out and Nedved is playing?

http://oh.idnes.cz/olympijsky-turna...zoh-hokej.aspx?c=A140213_123120_zoh-hokej_bem

Logically? No, no I can't... bravo Alois, yeah that's the way to succeed.. just whatever.. I don't even want to waste my breath anymore

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Well, he wasn't particularly good either, but yeah, could be worse.

As probably the biggest hater of Barinka here I have to say I was quite surprised with his performance. On the other hand its sad that Barinka wasn't our worst D :laugh:.

Obviously disappointed with Kovar, although I think it was a combination of bad luck, not really helpful defense and kinda mental collapse. Too bad he probably won't get another chance, not that he deserves it, but I know he is better than he's shown us yesterday.

Barinka did okay, Rozsíval and Krajíček were really bad. Leaving Å míd on the bench was stupid (same with Hanzal). Also playing Zbyněk Michálek on the left side wasn't good decision, he wasn't bad, but it's not his side.

I'm not really happy with our Kaberle - Rozsíval pairing (especially as 2nd pairing). Alfredsson was standing alone in front of the net and they didn't even care.

I feel bad for Kovář, because he is not that bad, but our team didn't play anything when he was in net.

Also Nedvěd is now in 4th line, which means Palát is scratched :shakehead. Nedvěd is not playing in PP so there is really no need to have him in the line up especially when he is not in first 2/3 lines. Palát can play PK, my god he would be much better option than playing Cervenka in PK (which as you know happened yesterday).

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I was plesantly surprised by Palat and Gudas. Both had good game. At least something....

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I have a favour to ask. If/When you meet Sweden in the Quarter Finals, could you please win? Thanks, in advance.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
I don't see Czech causing any surprise this time. In the past tournaments Vokoun or even Hnilicka could have a hot game but Pavelec just doesn't have it in him.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I don't see Czech causing any surprise this time. In the past tournaments Vokoun or even Hnilicka could have a hot game but Pavelec just doesn't have it in him.

He can be hot.. at least when playing for national team.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
:laugh:

JDvyZ.png

Text in bubble: And from now on, we will only win!

reference to a czech snowboarder Eva Samkova, who won gold with fake mustache

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Seems like we ended up with a pretty good draw, Slovakia and then most likely Sweden. Sweden is beatable if we get a little lucky.

Yes. It won't be easy by any means, but it's probably the best possible way for us to the medal round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad