Olympics: 2014 — Czech Republic Roster (Released, post #1)

Kharkov

Jun 28, 2013
Czech goalies werent nearly so good than I thought. Well, some guys made quite big claims about them. Just one game tought. Jagr is good still, no surprise.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Czech goalies werent nearly so good than I thought. Well, some guys made quite big claims about them. Just one game tought. Jagr is good still, no surprise.

Was wasn't Pavelec in net against the Swedes? Really dumb move on the coaches part.:shakehead
You guys could have played Kovar and Salk vs Latvia and the Swiss

sharpeye97

Aug 8, 2013
Politics played a role in that line up. Smid and Hemsky barely played and why on earth is Krajicek playing?

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke

McKenzie on TSN Radio "something is going on with the Czech team and it has to do with player selection and usage due to politics "

Mckenzie "Kaberle and Berenka over Polak and Hejda? Nedved and Novotny over Hudler and Vrbata? Then they hardly played Hemsky"

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Those Czech fans on facebook really annoy me (Český národní sport byl, je a bude vždy HOKEJ!!).....it's almost like they blindingly refuse to acknowledge the fact that we're playing terribly, the coach is awful and the player selection was bad.

Just try any form of criticism there and you'll be shot down before you know it. Ridiculous.

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Those Czech fans on facebook really annoy me (Český národní sport byl, je a bude vždy HOKEJ!!).....it's almost like they blindingly refuse to acknowledge the fact that we're playing terribly, the coach is awful and the player selection was bad.

Just try any form of criticism there and you'll be shot down before you know it. Ridiculous.
And then you have the "How about bringing in more Extraliga players instead of those NHL scrubs that never do anything for us anyway" crowd.

Martian

Feb 3, 2014

and that's why I rather visit HFBoards instead of FB fan pages :)

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
And then you have the "How about bringing in more Extraliga players instead of those NHL scrubs that never do anything for us anyway" crowd.
Wow! I thought it's an exclusive russian thing :laugh: People are so similar anywhere...

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
i'll have to admit i was surprised when they started to get it together at the halfway mark of the game. a lot less embarrassing than i was expecting, maybe they stopped listening to the coach? (assuming he was doing anything at all)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010

Somebody there also said that Cervenka was one of the best players :laugh: On the other hand, its nice to see that people who just dont get it also like hockey and follow it :D

My conclusion from the game - if the players lock Lojza in the locker before the QF, we ll be fine :sarcasm:

Babula

May 31, 2012
Somebody there also said that Cervenka was one of the best players :laugh: On the other hand, its nice to see that people who just dont get it also like hockey and follow it :D

My conclusion from the game - if the players lock Lojza in the locker before the QF, we ll be fine :sarcasm:

:laugh: alois in chains

joey16

Dec 27, 2010

To be fair, Cervenka wasn't as bad as I thought he would.. but I guess I had low expectations :laugh:

sajmae

Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
To be fair, Cervenka wasn't as bad as I thought he would.. but I guess I had low expectations :laugh:

Well, he wasn't particularly good either, but yeah, could be worse.

As probably the biggest hater of Barinka here I have to say I was quite surprised with his performance. On the other hand its sad that Barinka wasn't our worst D :laugh:.

Obviously disappointed with Kovar, although I think it was a combination of bad luck, not really helpful defense and kinda mental collapse. Too bad he probably won't get another chance, not that he deserves it, but I know he is better than he's shown us yesterday.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Well, he wasn't particularly good either, but yeah, could be worse.

As probably the biggest hater of Barinka here I have to say I was quite surprised with his performance. On the other hand its sad that Barinka wasn't our worst D :laugh:.

Obviously disappointed with Kovar, although I think it was a combination of bad luck, not really helpful defense and kinda mental collapse. Too bad he probably won't get another chance, not that he deserves it, but I know he is better than he's shown us yesterday.

Exactly.. too bad for him. We'll see what Pavelec can do.. I know he isn't particulary good in Winnipeg now but if he shows his national team standard then we're good.

sajmae

Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
So new lines?
1st line: Židlický, Å míd - Jágr, Plekanec, Červenka.
2nd line: Kaberle, Rozsíval - Hemský, Krejčí, M. Michálek.
3rd line: Z. Michálek, Barinka - Voráček, Eliáš, Erat.
4th line: Gudas, Krajíček - Nedvěd, Hanzal, Frolík.
Palát, Novotný.

Can someone explain to me why Palat is out and Nedved is playing?

http://oh.idnes.cz/olympijsky-turna...zoh-hokej.aspx?c=A140213_123120_zoh-hokej_bem

Kharkov

Jun 28, 2013
How big is the difference between Pavelec and Kovar (if Kovar would play at his normal level)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad