Olympics: 2014 — Sweden Roster Discussion (Part II) Released, post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
This thread is suffering from an whining-overdose right now.. You regret a wch-gold?
It might be a little over the top, but it really is mind boggling. I think you could make a strong case for Hedman being a top 4 d-man, never mind top 12?!?

It really makes you question MÃ¥rts selection policy and how he evaluates players.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Yeah MÃ¥rts take on Hedman is very odd indeed. He's too two way? I don't know. To me Hedman would make a brilliant shutdown guy if you wanted him to focus on just one dimension, certainly the strongest crease clearer and it could be argued he's our 3rd best D-man.
We can still have success with the team at hand and he's an ok in-game coach but I don't get MÃ¥rts evaluation of Hedman at all.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Also don't get why he must be a penis about it. Something with Hedma clearly rubs MÃ¥rts the wrong way. Imo Hedman is stronger defensively than Grossman and stronger offensively than Erik Gustafsson. And just plain stronger than Staffan Kronwall.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
So if lets say Erik Karlsson gets injured. We replace him with...Grossman? Staffan Kronwall?? And not with our second best offensive defenceman? Great...

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
This thread is suffering from an whining-overdose right now.. You regret a wch-gold?

It depends... If we in the long run had been served a better coach and by that, a better Olympics. If so, yes then I will regret it. (in hindsight) But nothing is carved in stone, so to say that I regret it today. No... I exaggerated a bit.

Btw... Hedman with 3 assist tonight. Na, not top 10-12 material. Take Erik Gustafsson instead, who has a hard time taking a spot with the Flyers on a daily basis.

Noticeable from the night is also that Oduya was -2 but Hjalmar +-0 in their 2-1 loss against Brodin's Minnesota (+1 and second most of ice time, behind Suter btw)

I thought Oduya-Hammer were a pair...? (I didn't see the game)

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Did Hedman bang MÃ¥rts' wife or something? Jeez, the guy is definitely one of the best Swedish defenseman offensively (10 goals and 29 points, only Karlsson has more goals and points of Swedish d-men; Kronwall has the same amount of points) and defensively as well, OEL and Hammer are probably better but he's definitely on par with Kronwall, for example. It's absolutely ridiculous that he's not even on the reserve list.

His Beardliness*

What does [mod] Kristian Huselius, have against Nicklas Bäckström?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Call it whining but it's a pretty incredible situation. Can't believe MÃ¥rts here, awful man management and just overall bad judgement. Not even on the reserve list?

I hope Hedman doesn't sour on the NT that could really hurt us in the future. Guy's a god damn stud playing like a top 10 defenseman in the NHL. And this is how you reward him. Will be interesting to see if he wants to go to the WC's these coming years. Maybe he's too good at everything for that as well.

Let's not forget MÃ¥rts didn't even ask Berglund and god damn Steen to join the WC team last year after a first round exit, I was raging about that. Sure he didn't produce like he has this year back then but it was complete madness at that point anyhow. Sedin's really did save his ass there.

MÃ¥rts got a new 2 year deal the other day by the way.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
What does Kristian Huselius, have against Nicklas Bäckström?

Needs to put food on the table for his family (if they're still there) somehow and hey presto, we've got a new media personality with controversial opinions. What a brave brave man telling it like it is.. except he's just nuts and spouts nonsense.

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think that Popovic is probably not getting enough of the hate here for the defensive selections.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
I think that Popovic is probably not getting enough of the hate here for the defensive selections.

That's a good point. Popovic made a lot of comments to the press regarding selections and knowing classic Swedish leadership (consensus) culture, I'm sure he had a big impact on the selections as the defense expert among them.

Boustedt seems very involved as well.

Sure, this roster is better than a BÃ…G one, but treating Hedman like this is still completely bonkers..

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Sorry to invade on Swedish territory here, but I think the overlooking Hedman for the likes of Tallinder is by far the biggest snub of all the olympic rosters. I've taken Sweden as my token team to support, but this is a joke.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It depends... If we in the long run had been served a better coach and by that, a better Olympics. If so, yes then I will regret it. (in hindsight) But nothing is carved in stone, so to say that I regret it today. No... I exaggerated a bit.

Btw... Hedman with 3 assist tonight. Na, not top 10-12 material. Take Erik Gustafsson instead, who has a hard time taking a spot with the Flyers on a daily basis.

Noticeable from the night is also that Oduya was -2 but Hjalmar +-0 in their 2-1 loss against Brodin's Minnesota (+1 and second most of ice time, behind Suter btw)

I thought Oduya-Hammer were a pair...? (I didn't see the game)

Keith was scratched, Hjalmar played with Seabrook.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Sorry to invade on Swedish territory here, but I think the overlooking Hedman for the likes of Tallinder is by far the biggest snub of all the olympic rosters. I've taken Sweden as my token team to support, but this is a joke.

Yeah. Hedman had yet another amazing showing last night against Ottawa. Great defensively, physical, carried the plays and made great passes. Also had 3 assists while being +3.

Tallinder you ask? Well, he had the least amount of ice-time out of all defencemen on his team, which is the worst team in the NHL. Zero points and -1.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Needs to put food on the table for his family (if they're still there) somehow and hey presto, we've got a new media personality with controversial opinions. What a brave brave man telling it like it is.. except he's just nuts and spouts nonsense.

In what hockey-program/channel can i see him? I have long disliked his personality through the feel of him but would like to get it substanciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad