G|1|Jhonas Enroth|Buffalo Sabres|NHL
G|30|Henrik Lundqvist|New York Rangers|NHL
G|50|Jonas Gustavsson|Detroit Red Wings|NHL

Last edited:

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
First. Til thread number three.

No, but seriously our defensemen are tearing the NHL up right now. Lundqvist is clutch, and we got a top-6 and a bottom-6 on forward ready to compete with anyone.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
First. Til thread number three.

No, but seriously our defensemen are tearing the NHL up right now. Lundqvist is clutch, and we got a top-6 and a bottom-6 on forward ready to compete with anyone.

But will Z's back heal in time? Will he be healthy at that time? And Lundqvist might been "clutch" in previous tournaments (2010 aside) But at the moment he's anything but...

And will "Silver Mountain" also recover in time and take a spot and the same with Fasth? Or will the "Monster" get a backup-role due to his recent success? Will Zibby sneak in? Which d-pairs should be a successful combination? Will Edler even get a spot? His performance lately has been bad and he still has 2 games left of the IIHF-suspension. Will it be two club-blocks on d? (Chicago & Detroit) Who will be the wildcard that no one outside Sweden will know who it is? (sort of) Will Mårts reconsider the "Söberberg case"? etc, etc...

Some ? that still needs to become a ! before I'm totally pleased.

But OK, as a whole it looks very promising. Just don't **** it up now.

Last edited:

PredragD

May 5, 2011
Despite getting less press than Canada, the U.S. and host Russia, Tre Kronor may have the best combination of experience, chemistry and skill for the bigger ice surface.

Goaltenders:
Lundqvist
Enroth
Lehner

Lundqvist has won olympic gold before and arguably the most valuable goalie in the world. Enroth is the backup and Lehner is #3 because Enroth has more experience coming in mid-game if necessary. Lehner is there more to just get the olympic experience and groom him to be Lundqvist's successor.

Defencemen:
Ekman-Larsson - Karlsson
N Kronwall - Brodin
Hedman - Hjalmarsson
S Kronwall - Edler

The first 4 can play in any situation. The third pairing is a great shutdown set. Staffan was the captain at the World Championship and Edler (still has suspension remaining?) was on that team as well.

Forwards:
D Sedin - H Sedin - Eriksson
Franzen - Zetterberg - Alfredsson
Landeskog - Backstrom - Johansson
Hagelin - Berglund - Steen
Hornqvist - Kruger

Tons of potential familiarity here with the reunion of the #1 line from the world championship, a Red Wings line, a Capitals + Landeskog line and a Blues + Hagelin line. Hornqvist can be injected when the offense needs a boost, while Kruger is used for more defensive situations. The last two spots though may also be taken by those playing in Europe with more big ice experience (F Pettersson, Jimmie Ericsson, etc.).

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Team keep evolving!

I start the games with our third forward line which resonates with the defense pairings. Said third line and fourth defense pairing get less ice time or sits. Franzén and Alfredsson is under pressure to keep up with the tempo initially. Steen or Johansson might be replacements. Steen get time in second PP. Silfverberg replaces an offensive forward and Hörnqvist a defensive forward.

Daniel Sedin • Henrik Sedin • Loui Eriksson | Henrik Zetterberg • Nicklas Bäckström • Daniel Alfredsson | Alexander Steen • Mikael Backlund • Jimmie Ericsson | Johan Franzén • Marcus Krüger • Gabriel Landeskog | Patrik Berglund • Marcus Johansson
Jakob Silfverberg • Simon Hjalmarsson • Mika Zibanejad • Patric Hörnqvist • Carl Hagelin • Gustav Nyquist

Niklas Hjalmarsson • Victor Hedman | Oliver Ekman-Larsson • Erik Karlsson | Jonathan Ericsson • Niklas Kronwall | Carl Gunnarsson • Anton StrÃ¥lman
Jonas Brodin • Alexander Edler | Johnny Oduya • Staffan Kronwall

Henrik Lundqvist | Jhonas Enroth | Jonas Gustavsson
Robin Lehner | Viktor Fasth | Jacob Markström

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Nyquist's (small) chance is probably injuries such as Loui, Silfverberg. Johansson's chances also increase significantly.

I think Zibanejad is looking good lately.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Nyquist's (small) chance is probably injuries such as Loui, Silfverberg. Johansson's chances also increase significantly.

Jeez, now I see why Nyquist start to pop up as a candidate, 7 points in 8 games!

Zibanejad is looking good, indeed. IF Eriksson is out, I think we should consider having three relatively even lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Whoever
Steen - Zetterberg - Franzén
Landeskog - Bäckström - Alfredsson

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Jeez, now I see why Nyquist start to pop up as a candidate, 7 points in 8 games!

Zibanejad is looking good, indeed. IF Eriksson is out, I think we should consider having three relatively even lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Whoever
Steen - Zetterberg - Franzén
Landeskog - Bäckström - Alfredsson

Bäckström is too good to be placed in a 3rd line....

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö

Could be the kind of player you would test with the Sedins... Especially if you wanna spread the talent. But I probably would prefer Alfredsson och Hörnqvist as trigger man there if Loui is out...

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
out of all the countries we may face in the olympics. from a canadian side this is the only team i don't like our chances against.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Do you honestly not think Loui will be back for February 10th or whatever date it is?, little more than 2 months away, no probs.

Two concussions less then 2 months apart, it can take one week or two years. Just look at Crosby ie.

I think Silferberg would be a perfect match instead of Lou, they are playing a simmular game, but Silf got a better shot. You guys think that would work?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Two concussions less then 2 months apart, it can take one week or two years. Just look at Crosby ie.

I think Silferberg would be a perfect match instead of Lou, they are playing a simmular game, but Silf got a better shot. You guys think that would work?

Silfverberg would be a downgrade but his chances increase by a lot if Loui can't play. I like Nyquist more than Silfverberg, so did MÃ¥rts this summer apparently.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Silfverberg would be a downgrade but his chances increase by a lot if Loui can't play. I like Nyquist more than Silfverberg, so did MÃ¥rts this summer apparently.

Im not convinced thats the case! Silferberg was one of the better Ducks forwards before he got injured. 7 points in 11 game +5, hes defensive game is as solid as Luo, and taking Lou mediocre season so far, i don't think it would a such a big of a downgrade as you say.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Im not convinced thats the case! Silferberg was one of the better Ducks forwards before he got injured. 7 points in 11 game +5, hes defensive game is as solid as Luo, and taking Lou mediocre season so far, i don't think it would a such a big of a downgrade as you say.

I think so. Silfverberg doesn't bring the smarts and the ability to find pucks in front of the net that Loui has. He's another low intensity two-way forward that we really don't need in our top-6 if Loui is gone. I'd rather have a forward that plays with a lot of intensity and skill. Nyquist fills a bigger need in that position IMO. There are of course other options.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Do you honestly not think Loui will be back for February 10th or whatever date it is?, little more than 2 months away, no probs.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best! Has Loui got going this season?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Bäckström is too good to be placed in a 3rd line....
Main idea is to use Alfredsson as good as possible. May not be leggy enough for first line duty... And I like the idea of using Zeterberg as a "breakthru" player". Then it matter less if he has Bäckis and Alfie as lin mates. Just a few thoughts from behind the desk.

WhiteLight*

Zibanejad is still very raw, we have better options IMO.

He's regularly been the best forward on the Senators lately. He's the complete package. Can play any position. The point on the PP. Whatever you need, he delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad