Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XVII) (Released, Post 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Get yer tinfoil hat out.

Giroux isn't on the team because Giroux sucked ass to start the year.

so because he had a slow start(no points in 1st 5 games), they chose to ignore that he is 1st in Canadian Players in points over the last 3 years? Talk about short sighted. And what about Nash? Should he not be judged the same?

And FWIW, he was 1st in the NHL in points in December I believe so he was clearly showing that his ealry season struggles were behind him. So if they looked at long body of work...Giroux was there. If they looked at short body of work...Giroux is there.

Do you think Sid has changed his mind about this:

"I don't like any guy on their team there.

Q: Why don't you like them?

"I don't like them, because I don't like any guy on their team so."

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

It is well known the Flyers forced his hand to miss the camp and rehab his finger with Flyer doctors. If that is the reason to keep when of the top point getters in last 3 years off your team, HC is dumber than I thought.

Says a ton also of the team they selected that a replacement player they didn't want over other guys is now pegged as a top line player !

Marty should have always been there, as should of Giroux.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
so because he had a slow start(no points in 1st 5 games), they chose to ignore that he is 1st in Canadian Players in points over the last 3 years? Talk about short sighted. And what about Nash? Should he not be judged the same?

And FWIW, he was 1st in the NHL in points in December I believe so he was clearly showing that his ealry season struggles were behind him. So if they looked at long body of work...Giroux was there. If they looked at short body of work...Giroux is there.

Do you think Sid has changed his mind about this:

"I don't like any guy on their team there.

Q: Why don't you like them?

"I don't like them, because I don't like any guy on their team so."

Fantastic of Team Canada to make picks based on some guys October points but to completely ignore who is playing the best right now.

Marleau and Duchesne aren't even the best Canadians on their own teams right now :laugh:

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Don't think Lu will see a second of ice time.

Ppl say that Team Canada is going to just start him because he was there last time, but I don't think they care one bit. Pierre Lebrun stated early this year, that Team Canada want Price to be there guy, and even on the CBC special showing the Team Canada selection process, they had only Price as a lock mid way thru this year, so that's along with what Leburn said about them wanting Price to be the guy makes it pretty clear.

Add to that that Price being a great puck handler is going to be a huge adv on the big ice. And Lu is struggling now, TSN showed he has like a .870 Sv% in his last 4 games, while Price is hot with a .970% in his last 4 start, pretty clear who will get the net for Team Canada.

Yeah, Luongo.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Fantastic of Team Canada to make picks based on some guys October points but to completely ignore who is playing the best right now.

Marleau and Duchesne aren't even the best Canadians on their own teams right now :laugh:

no kidding. I just think that if TC REALLY didn't pick Giroux because he was injured and missed camp, then that is stupid. I have no issue with St.Louis being there...he should have been there in the first place...along with Giroux.

I guess 8 points in his last 4 games was not enough to show Yzerman that he was back playing good hockey.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
My projected depth chart for game 1:

Kunitz-Crosby-Nash
Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry
Sharp-Toews-St. Louis
Marleau-Bergeron-Carter
Benn
Duchene

Keith-Doughty
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Hamhuis-Weber