GDT: 2013 WJC's Thread II

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
That Nichushkin kid was doing that all tournament. 6'4 with moves like that...I don't know the 2013 draft at all, but he looks like he'll be up there.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
So who is the scapegoat? I say coaching(if I have to pick). Not starting Subban was just terrible....and having Murphy on the ice at even strength as much as he did was a disaster waiting to happen.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Worst J. Canadian Team .... EVER .....

Disagree. The forwards were good. We had terrible defense and goaltending though

So who is the scapegoat? I say coaching(if I have to pick). Not starting Subban was just terrible....and having Murphy on the ice at even strength as much as he did was a disaster waiting to happen.

Murphy, and the Pejorative Slured coaching for letting him be the one out there to make the mistake

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Man i'm just sad to see the medal streak come to an end this is the first wjc i watch where canada doesn't medal. This canadian junior program needs to turn itself around silver, bronze, and nothing is unacceptable to say the least

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
RNH, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Strome, Hamilton, and no medal while 2/5 look like dog poo for much of the tournament. 5, count 'em 5 top 10 draft picks from '11 and no medal, wow just wow.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Like I said before the tournament, Spott is an absolutely horrid choice to coach.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Now RNH can rush back to play with his former Barons teammates who apparently based on tonight's game against the Griffins don't give a damn about winning or losing.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm really really disappointed TSN didn't show Yakupov's handshake with RNH.

I wonder if there was a "see you in 2 weeks" moment in there.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
As soon as I saw that ****ing Rielly - Murphy pairing in OT, I knew we were in for some trouble.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's good to see that Yakupov really showed up in the last 2 games, the most important games for Russia. I thought that he was great against Sweden despite not scoring and LOL at the group of idiots (only a few posters) on the main board who were downplaying RNH's accomplishments and saying that he didn't show up against the U.S. so anything else he did meant nothing. Losers. :shakehead

It's funny that the gold medal match will in all likelihood will be anti-climatic compared to the bronze medal match with a what should be dead sounding crowd and probably a less entertaining game.

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
So previously everyone was criticizing the choice of Subban in goal, now we aren't happy with the alternative. So fickle. The goaltending held us back in this tourniment, so did the defense. Teams win medals, not individuals and we simply did not have a cohesive team on the back end.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It's good to see that Yakupov really showed up in the last 2 games, the most important games for Russia. I thought that he was great against Sweden despite not scoring and LOL at the group of idiots (only a few posters) on the main board who were downplaying RNH's accomplishments and saying that he didn't show up against the U.S. so anything else he did meant nothing. Losers. :shakehead

It's funny that the gold medal match will in all likelihood will be anti-climatic compared to the bronze medal match with a what should be dead sounding crowd and probably a less entertaining game.

RNH may not have had any points in the USA game but he most definitely showed up. He and Gibson were the clear stars of the event for me. He was also Team Canada's MVP by a country mile.

Yakupov ends up with 3 goals and 8 points. He could have been better of course, but what he did show is that even when things are not going well if you give him the slightest bit of room he may well make you pay.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
A) Didn't like Steve Spott as a coach
B) Nathan MacKinnon and his dominance in the corners were wasted on the 4th line
C) MacKinnon and Drouin almost never played with each other
D) They took Ryan Murphy instead of Frank Corrado
E) Goalies handled suspect, Binnington should have started from the get-go or at least in one game against Slovakia (even though Subban played great in the next 2 games), and then if Spott wanted to roll with Subban, it's silly to start Binnington for the Bronze all of a sudden
F) Canada left Laurent Brossoit at home
G) Lines were mixed up for almost no reason
H) Team didn't focus and were too loose during the quarterfinal break
I) Strome and Ritchie stopped playing with each other when Jenner came back
J) Canada should have thought about replacing Jenner if they were going to lose him for three games. He played well against Russia but then weaker in the next two
K) Powerplay was inconsistent
L) Undisciplined at key times, like RNH's penalty or Scheifele's stupid kneeing
M) Too slow against the Americans
N) Not physical enough, and chose to keep more physical players off the roster (Wilson and Corrado left off for Murphy and McNeill)
O) Hudon got hurt, and that hurt Canada's offense

There is your alphabet of screw-ups

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Like I said before the tournament, Spott is an absolutely horrid choice to coach.

He is an absolute buffoon. Hockey Canada by that same token is ****ing Pejorative Slured for hiring him in the first place. Pretty stupid group of individuals all around. That is embarrassing and unacceptable when Canada doesn't even medal in a lockout year with a supposedly stacked team. Got put in their place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad