Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Training Camp, with 100% More Bob Evans!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Anyone see the ticket delivery videos on the Pens' site?

Watch Ticket Delivery Ep 3, about 1:27 in. Concerned about MAF here, he couldn't even stop a puck that was thrown by a 2 year old from getting behind him.

:P

Fleury is going to be fine. He is seeing someone to help him out with his head issues.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The thing about Fleury is that you literally won't know until the playoff starts. During the regular season, he's pretty good and has stretches of brilliance, unless he finally closes that gap and remains a top 3 netminder all year, those doubts are not going to fade in the slightest.

Regular Season - He's good.
Playoff Starts - You're in disbelief.

So I'm not sure how much of this "seeing someone" to help him out will really help, if he starts the year and ends the year as a top 3-5 netminder and is a vezina candidate, then...well, hopefully when the playoffs start, that carries through.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The thing about Fleury is that you literally won't know until the playoff starts. During the regular season, he's pretty good and has stretches of brilliance, unless he finally closes that gap and remains a top 3 netminder all year, those doubts are not going to fade in the slightest.

Regular Season - He's good.
Playoff Starts - You're in disbelief.

So I'm not sure how much of this "seeing someone" to help him out will really help, if he starts the year and ends the year as a top 3-5 netminder and is a vezina candidate, then...well, hopefully when the playoffs start, that carries through.

All he needs to do is carry his average to good goaltending into the playoffs. He doesn't need to be a top three goalie or a top 10 for us to win consistently. The regular season is proof of that. His numbers there are never spectacular yet we win consistently because if he puts up a 900-915ish save percentage our offense can usually take care of the rest.

For some reason when the playoffs arrive his numbers drop dramatically. His career save % in the NHL is 910 during the regular season and 903 during the playoffs. It's actually a trend that goes all the way back to the QMJHL. If you look at his playoff stats in the Q, AHL, and NHL, they are all lower than what he does in the regular season in each of those leagues.

Granted the sample size is much smaller in terms of his playoff stats versus regular season ones, but it's troubling.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Bylsma says he's "disappointed" Beau Bennett won't be eligible for Calder Trophy.
https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/377791303154950144

Bylsma on Blackhawks fluke goal against Boston in Game 1: "We never got that goal. But we still came up short against Boston."
https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/status/377791779225239553

Bylsma says Vokoun's playoff performance won't change how "best tandem in the league" is used. Fleury will get majority of starts.
https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/377792146428133377

Bylsma says he hopes he has "85 percent" of Olympics preparations done by now.
https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/377792383767035904

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
What is with this team and "The Best ________ In The Leagueâ„¢" *********?

And I love the arbitrary percentages being thrown around.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
(Outsider's question, forgive me if it's been answered but...) Can anyone tell me where Anton Zlobin is? He was signed by Pittsburgh this past summer, but doesn't seem to be at main camp, or have attended rookie camp. Is he recovering from an injury or something?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Yes recovering from shoulder surgery, should be back end of October/November.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
He will join Wilkes-Barre as soon as he recovers from surgery.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Enjoyable read. I like that they are making it fun. Seems NHL websites/twitters are getting it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Enjoyable read. I like that they are making it fun. Seems NHL websites/twitters are getting it.

image.png

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 1h
To clarify earlier note, Neal will stay on the right side with Malkin. Jokinen and Bennett are candidates for the left side on that line..

Yah exactly. You can't blame ole CV for wondering. The way he wrote it, taken literally, suggested Neal might move off that line. Also given that he's our best scoring winger, I always have a nagging fear every September the coach will say "must move best scoring winger onto line of best center in world". Thanks Dave, for clearing that **** up. ;)

SO FAR, I'VE SEEN A FEW 'GOLDEN BOY' COMMENTS AND SOME SUGGESTIONS ABOUT A DOMINANT BENNETT - CROSBY - DUPUIS LINE.

I like where this season is going, folks!!!!!!!! The sky's the limit!

You dare mock my Golden Boy comments? He IS the Golden Boy... so let it be written, so let it be done! Sid should change his number to 79 (201 points to anyone who knows why -- Ogre is not allowed to answer).

As for Bylsma's "Best Tandem in the League" quote, :laugh: You gotta love that guy. He is truly in his own world.

Also I am stoked that The Vital One is rocking the flow. That is so money he doesn't even know how money it is.

you're+so+money+swingers.jpg

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yah exactly. You can't blame ole CV for wondering. The way he wrote it, taken literally, suggested Neal might move off that line. Also given that he's our best scoring winger, I always have a nagging fear every September the coach will say "must move best scoring winger onto line of best center in world". Thanks Dave, for clearing that **** up. ;)

You dare mock my Golden Boy comments? He IS the Golden Boy... so let it be written, so let it be done! Sid should change his number to 79 (201 points to anyone who knows why -- Ogre is not allowed to answer).

As for Bylsma's "Best Tandem in the League" quote, :laugh: You gotta love that guy. He is truly in his own world.

Also I am stoked that The Vital One is rocking the flow. That is so money he doesn't even know how money it is.

you're+so+money+swingers.jpg

I mock EVERYTHING, sir.

except for Bylsma. He's mock-proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad