Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Training Camp, with 100% More Bob Evans!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Not that i'm going to waste much time thinking and typing about it but i'd much rather Bennett have a permanent top 6 spot than Dupuis.

If Bennett is struggling in a game then bring Dupuis up.

I don't care how many points a KCD line scores in a regular season. They are easy pickens in the playoffs. Bennett has more potential there and Dupuis in the bottom six makes the team better.

Done thinking and writing about it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm so excited that I can't sleep!

Here is my prediction for the season:

835011_o.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not one thing he has said is anything different from the past.

Beau and Jussi both will fight for the LW spot and the loser is on the 3rd mostly with Beau taking some shifts with Crosby like this hasn't happen with other players over the years, and someone is going to fill the 6/7/8 spot on Defense.

I'm so excited that I can't sleep!

Here is my prediction for the season:

835011_o.gif

The attempt to even lift the leg makes that hilarious.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I've been fooled by DB quotes before, so I refuse to believe them. I vaguely remember how last season Bylsma spoke about how the coaches had spent about 6 months during the summer and lockout working on the power play (one of the changes involved Neal being a rover at the blue line). The revamped power play lasted about 7 games.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 1h
To clarify earlier note, Neal will stay on the right side with Malkin. Jokinen and Bennett are candidates for the left side on that line.

Looks like Molinari is reading this board and wanted to clear up any confusion.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I've been fooled by DB quotes before, so I refuse to believe them. I vaguely remember how last season Bylsma spoke about how the coaches had spent about 6 months during the summer and lockout working on the power play (one of the changes involved Neal being a rover at the blue line). The revamped power play lasted about 7 games.

HA! I nearly forgot about that. Classic Bylsma. Although to be fair, the powerplay hardly needed much help, last year. Well... until it was inexplicably tinkered with in the playoffs.

My favorite was when they vowed to fix their powerplay in 2010 after a miserable year in that regard. Yeo was hired in Minny and they had a vacant spot on the staff. What better person to fill it than good-friend and totally inexperienced (and most WB/S followers say borderline-incompetent) Todd Reirden?

But at least they had Paul Coffey come in a say a few words one day in training camp on his way to dinner with Mario.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'd also like Martin on PP1.
Put both Martin and Letang there if you have to and spread some of the offensive firepower to PP2.

Really hope Despres comes into camp on the top of his game physically. Really need him this year. Same goes for Martin as well. Hopefully with Team USA aspirations, he's had a good off-season.

I suppose the same could be said for Letang but Tanger's problems were never about being out of shape, all his work needs to be done on ice.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Despres trains with Dupuis I believe, the guy hasn't seem to lost a step since the Pens got him in the Hossa trade thanks to his infamous bike shorts and bicycling around Quebec, Errey's fantasies aside.

If Simon continues to work out with Pascal, his conditioning should be damn good. The rest is J.Martin undoing the damage done by Reirden and Bylsma, which should be easy.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Tomorrow, tomorrow
Camp opens
Tomorrow

Yup, I'm excited. Not even Bylsma quotes can dampen my enthusiasm at this point. I'm looking forward to seeing how the lines actually play out. I'm in the crowd that would like to see Duper on the third line, but I'm not holding my breath.

Should also be some interesting moves made between now and the start of the regular season. Not the least of which is how Shero gets the team under the cap.

And speaking of cap ... is anyone else wondering how the Caps will do in a stronger division this season?

Oh, and hybrid icing will be tried out, then voted on. Curious to see how that works out.

I feel like a little kid at Christmas time. :laugh:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
SO FAR, I'VE SEEN A FEW 'GOLDEN BOY' COMMENTS AND SOME SUGGESTIONS ABOUT A DOMINANT BENNETT - CROSBY - DUPUIS LINE.

I like where this season is going, folks!!!!!!!! The sky's the limit!

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Bylsma contemplating a change in break-out strategy:

03-15-22_dan-bylsma_original.jpg

Bylsma when informed that Richard Park had taken his services back to Switzerland:

bylsma_060413_672.jpg

Bylsma reacts to questions about Despres role with the team:

bylsma-dl-12-2-11.jpg

Bylsma expresses his dismay that MAF's psychologist recommends halting the 'mustache-boy' competitions:

Dan-Bylsma.jpg

Fire Shero*

At least we didn't sign Cleary to a 3 year deal at $2.75 mil per year. Holmgren is a ****ing joke.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

This.

I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think the Joks and Beau with Malkin thing simply says "whoever plays the best with Malkin get the LW position."

The loser get the 3LW position.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Anyone see the ticket delivery videos on the Pens' site?

Watch Ticket Delivery Ep 3, about 1:27 in. Concerned about MAF here, he couldn't even stop a puck that was thrown by a 2 year old from getting behind him.

:P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad