Speculation: 2013 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
I think Whitney could asked to be moved. I still think he gets you at least a 2 as he can play point and still is a guy who can play top 6 with anyone

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Honestly .... if they keep Robi and move Goligoski .... I'll accept it:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 16s
DAL not shopping D Alex Goligoski but some teams are inquiring. Same as Kulikov in FLA. Names are out there but would have to be good return

We lost the Neal trade. We can't take it back .... it's time to make this team better and not save face. Robidas is a better D than Goligoski. Even if they re-sign him .... Robi is close to his expiration date. Moving Goli would mean in just a few years Robi would be gone as well.

I think it's highly unlikely he moves, but it is important to note that right this moment Goligoski is without a NTC. It kicks in this summer though. If you're going to move him .... might as well do it now with no restrictions.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Honestly .... if they keep Robi and move Goligoski .... I'll accept it:

We lost the Neal trade. We can't take it back .... it's time to make this team better and not save face. Robidas is a better D than Goligoski. Even if they re-sign him .... Robi is close to his expiration date. Moving Goli would mean in just a few years Robi would be gone as well.

I think it's highly unlikely he moves, but it is important to note that right this moment Goligoski is without a NTC. It kicks in this summer though. If you're going to move him .... might as well do it now with no restrictions.

Little worried the Stars won't be busy today and I stayed home for nothing :(:D

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Little worried the Stars won't be busy today and I stayed home for nothing :(:D

I'm with you man. Plus, I'm sick of taking **** from the family for doing this. They just don't understand. This is the 2nd year I've taken the day off. Even though last year was a bust ... I love it.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Thing is I am not sure the return for Goligoski would necessarily make this team better. I assume we would want a young top six center back. Can't see us trading him for picks. I am just not sure who would be offering what we would want.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I want Kulikov. :(

Also wouldnt be opposed to moving Goose for the right price. Gotta cut your losses at some point.

I wonder if Philly would be interested. And how much we would have to add to snag Couturier.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
I'm with you man. Plus, I'm sick of taking **** from the family for doing this. They just don't understand. This is the 2nd year I've taken the day off. Even though last year was a bust ... I love it.

This is my...6th or 7th year in a row doing this. Love it, even if Dallas does nothing.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I wish I could stay home from school for this. :laugh:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Thing is I am not sure the return for Goligoski would necessarily make this team better. I assume we would want a young top six center back. Can't see us trading him for picks. I am just not sure who would be offering what we would want.

I see what you're saying .... but AFIK Connauton and Gaunce both will require waivers next season.

I'm truly saying we'll likely never recoup value from the previous Goli trade. For me, it's not about making the team better immediately. Get what you can, and put that mistake behind you.He's still a fairly high scoring D even this season so he should have some value.

IDK ... I'm just really over the Goli experiment. It's hard to watch. I think Joe is probably too proud to do anything about it.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
I just got married this past year and all I know is my wife is a cool chick as she was all for me staying home. Very happy with that decision!

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
No way we trade Goli. That'll mean Nieuwy actually did something good for once. I also think Goli will turn it around soon, he just needs a new coach

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
I see what you're saying .... but AFIK Connauton and Gaunce both will require waivers next season.

I'm truly saying we'll likely never recoup value from the previous Goli trade. For me, it's not about making the team better immediately. Get what you can, and put that mistake behind you.He's still a fairly high scoring D even this season so he should have some value.

IDK ... I'm just really over the Goli experiment. It's hard to watch. I think Joe is probably too proud to do anything about it.

I don't really care that much about making up the previous trade. I just don't think it worth trading him for futures and am not sure what he would bring back as far as current assets. If we have to trade someone, trade the 36 year old Robidas.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't really care that much about making up the previous trade. I just don't think it worth trading him for futures and am not sure what he would bring back as far as current assets. If we have to trade someone, trade the 36 year old Robidas.

That's definitely not a bad way to look at it.

Honestly, like I said, I just have hard time watching Goli any more. The turnovers and poor decisions are soul crushing.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I think Joe is married to Goligoski for the simple fact that if he trades him for futures it basically forever acknowledges that the Neal trade was a bust. He can't self correct. I would be in favor of it depending on the return but I also would be in favor of moving Robidas. At least one of the small defensemen needs to go and it might as well be the old guy who's never going to contribute to a winning team here because of his age.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Here me out .... this is likely a impossible situation .... but Phili makes wild trades all the time.

Could you build something around Goligoski and retaining part of his salary + some additional assets to land Couturier?

I know some people question his offensive upside, but I think he's probably damn good value for Goli.

I understand you might have to add a really nice prospect, but maybe it would be worth it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I still think Couturier is (or at least will be) the best player from either of the previous drafts.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I still think Couturier is (or at least will be) the best player from either of the previous drafts.

Which is why it's weird he's available.

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

If Flyers want Yandle, it'll cost them Couturier + ... Talks are fluid.

Hey Flyers ... why not Goli+!

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
i think goalagainstki is in the same boat as larsen... don't trade low....next year isn't a contention year, so give them one more chance.

also, if robidas isn't gone today, i will get black out drunk.

hope nystrom goes to a contender. chicago would be nice, not that they need him.

that is all.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
We're right around the time trades have started in the past 5 years.

Let's get this going.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I'd add to Goli to get Couturier. The question is what would you have to add? They need d prospects so Connauton or Bystrom going back would be okay. Which forward prospect are you willing to part with to make that deal happen?

Goligoski + Faska for Couturier + 3rd

Is that fair?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'd add to Goli to get Couturier. The question is what would you have to add? They need d prospects so Connauton or Bystrom going back would be okay. Which forward prospect are you willing to part with to make that deal happen?

Goligoski + Faska for Couturier + 3rd

Is that fair?

I was actually wondering if they'd want Faksa.

I don't know that Couturier is such a huge upgrade that it would be smart for Dallas to do that.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Couturier is an immediate upgrade more than a huge upgrade. Would much rather trade a D prospect than Faksa. They don't need centers anyways with Giroux, Briere, and Schenn all able to play down the middle and Laughton and Cousins in the system.

Goligoski + Glennie + Bystrom/Connauton + 2nd for Couturier. Seems like a lot, but it'd be worth it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Here's a crazy idea:

Goligoski + Wing Prospect + 2nd for Kulikov

No reason for Florida to do that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad