2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1 Series Discussion: #4 Blues vs. #5 Kings

SDGolfer

Oct 24, 2002
Visit site
ah so heres the so called "playoff attitude"

i posted above because tonellisghost basically called out the blues fans. I responded, in what i thought was fair. I didn't brag or act cocky, instead i gave the kings the credit they deserved, while defending my team. So, i did not "come to your boards to ask for credit." i came to your boards to read, and then eventually post in a response to another post about the blues fans. I do not see what is so wrong with that. I even said the kings are the favorite to win.

Also, did i ever say jaybo was the reason we were 11-3? I just stated that as a date, and that the blues are hot as of late.

I'm done here, clearly no more room for me in this forum.

May the best team win.
lol. Gtfo.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Blues fans...
patch_zpse5e7387a.gif

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
hahaha but in all seriousness I think the Blues are going to give us a run for our money here. I hope I'm wrong and it's a total domination like last year but I have a feeling they have a few suprises for us.

I also think Darryl Sutter has, again, earned some credits with us as fans that he will do what it takes to get these guys ready for game 1. We have every reason to belive the Kings are going to come out flying. I can't wait.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Ah so heres the so called "playoff attitude"

I posted above because Tonellisghost basically called out the blues fans. I responded, in what I thought was fair. I didn't brag or act cocky, instead I gave the kings the credit they deserved, while defending my team. So, I did not "come to your boards to ask for credit." I came to your boards to read, and then eventually post in a response to another post about the blues fans. I do not see what is so wrong with that. I even said the kings are the favorite to win.

Also, did I ever say JayBo was the reason we were 11-3?
I just stated that as a date, and that the blues are hot as of late.

I'm done here, clearly no more room for me in this forum.

May the best team win.

You've been implying it in this entire thread.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Allot of us don't.

He is a solid rookie and I think that some of us continue to see him as he was during his first dozen or so games when he came up this season. He has slowly but steadily improved to the point of where he is the top rookie Dman this season in almost every category that matters (he finished 3rd in scoring).

His plus/minus of +16 speaks volumes as to his prowess as a rookie. He hasn't played sheltered minutes at all over the past 25 games and if anything has had to carry his D partner more often than not.

He will be fine but it is true that as a rookie he can be pressured into making rookie mistakes. A Mart is a better option and I hope that he is 100% healthy and capable of playing at some point in this series.

Some folks aren't happy with anything short of perfection.

Martinez hasn't played in almost a month (I think), and it would really be great if the Kings got up 3-0, or 3-1 in this series to get him into a game where there isn't as much pressure.

Alec had some rough games before they shut him down and I don't know if I see him as a legit replacement for Muzzin right now, maybe Ellerby if he struggles. Of course, Ellerby only plays if Greene can't go.

When Greene came back I really noticed how much better his 1st pass is than Ellerby's 1st pass.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Surprise, surprise. Craig Button back on the Kings bandwagon.

I have a video somewhere of him predicting LA won't make the playoffs.

The vote are all over the place this year. 3 for 7 against with espn. [the only votes came from people who cover hockey and not read sports scores]
Dregger and McKenzie gave us a vote
Johnson- Blues
Weekes-Kings
Hradek-Kings

Sports Illustrated pick the Hawks because that's the only team they know about.

Last edited:

bobafettish*

button predicted the kings to win the west before the season started. he's a flip flopper.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I have a video somewhere of him predicting LA won't make the playoffs.

The vote are all over the place this year. 3 for 7 against with espn. [the only votes came from people who cover hockey and not read sports scores]
Dregger and McKenzie gave us a vote
Johnson- Blues
Weekes-Kings
Hradek-Kings

Sports Illustrated pick the Hawks because that's the only team they know about.

:laugh:

ikeman79

Aug 3, 2008
Dunno why you're getting such a harsh reception other than this being our 'home turf,' but good post. Disagree on Elliot, and I don't think the depth is as stark a difference as people are making it, but this is a more than fair breakdown of things. And I agree...this is going to be the best series of the first round!

Kings forward depth, I'd argue, is better than the Blues on lines 1-3 at least and line 4 is a push only because the Blues 4th has picked it up lately.

Thank You. I'm not sure why I was received badly either. I think its because my post are long and nobody really read the whole things. If they had read them, they would realize I praised the Kings a lot and stated they were an excellent team. Also it would probably be realized I stated how the Kings handed it to us last year and I was excited to see we made additions to actually try and compete with the Kings.

In General I was very favorable about the Kings. I'm not sure how anybody could have took it otherwise as I'm just merely excited as this is the best Blues team I have got to watch in the last decade or more and am super excited about throwing them out against who I consider to be the best team in the west at this point and a measuring stick moving forward of what we need to address as a franchise.

So I will close in saying, I apologize for coming on your board and talking about the Blues. I wasn't trying to tell you how good they are in comparison to you. I was stating I think they are better than you realize and it excites me as a fan to be playing who I deem to be the best to see where we are. I will keep my self on our board if we win or lose, I will give you an apology now if we lose so you can't say I wouldn't eat crow. If the Kings blow us out, I apologize in advance for coming on here to talk to fellow hockey fans about the excitement I feel regarding my team and I'm sorry to have wasted your time by telling you how good I feel they are on a hockey forum about hockey discussion, especially considering we are going to play your team and I tried to keep it respectable at all times. If we win I am sorry you lost as I am a hockey fan and I hate it when my team loses. We lost pretty good to your team last year and I know the heartache a fan feels when the boys have to go golf all summer and you were stoked about your teams chances. So I won't come back anymore unless asked to. Make fun of me all you'd like that's ok with me as I wish you guys the best. I hope the best team wins whoever that is and I hope you all enjoy the series. As I have stated many times the Blues are much improved and I believe now better suited to compete with your team that is very good and a measuring stick in my mind. So to you all, if I rubbed anybody the wrong way I'm sorry and I hope you enjoy the series. I'm not a troll and won't be made out to be by you guys what you were stating of Blues fans on your board here. Enjoy the playoffs and may the best team be victorious, whomever that team might be.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Your long posts are fine and the point is taken about Blues depth but I don't know why you keep posting longer and longer as we don't agree with you about Blues being deeper than Kings.

Really, basically none of us are taking your team lightly, move on please.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Thank You. I'm not sure why I was received badly either. I think its because my post are long and nobody really read the whole things. If they had read them, they would realize I praised the Kings a lot and stated they were an excellent team. Also it would probably be realized I stated how the Kings handed it to us last year and I was excited to see we made additions to actually try and compete with the Kings.

In General I was very favorable about the Kings. I'm not sure how anybody could have took it otherwise as I'm just merely excited as this is the best Blues team I have got to watch in the last decade or more and am super excited about throwing them out against who I consider to be the best team in the west at this point and a measuring stick moving forward of what we need to address as a franchise.

So I will close in saying, I apologize for coming on your board and talking about the Blues. I wasn't trying to tell you how good they are in comparison to you. I was stating I think they are better than you realize and it excites me as a fan to be playing who I deem to be the best to see where we are. I will keep my self on our board if we win or lose, I will give you an apology now if we lose so you can't say I wouldn't eat crow. If the Kings blow us out, I apologize in advance for coming on here to talk to fellow hockey fans about the excitement I feel regarding my team and I'm sorry to have wasted your time by telling you how good I feel they are on a hockey forum about hockey discussion, especially considering we are going to play your team and I tried to keep it respectable at all times. If we win I am sorry you lost as I am a hockey fan and I hate it when my team loses. We lost pretty good to your team last year and I know the heartache a fan feels when the boys have to go golf all summer and you were stoked about your teams chances. So I won't come back anymore unless asked to. Make fun of me all you'd like that's ok with me as I wish you guys the best. I hope the best team wins whoever that is and I hope you all enjoy the series. As I have stated many times the Blues are much improved and I believe now better suited to compete with your team that is very good and a measuring stick in my mind. So to you all, if I rubbed anybody the wrong way I'm sorry and I hope you enjoy the series. I'm not a troll and won't be made out to be by you guys what you were stating of Blues fans on your board here. Enjoy the playoffs and may the best team be victorious, whomever that team might be.

So tell us more, how do you think the BLUES will do?

Tavo

May 12, 2012

37387719.jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Clifford looked out of his depth in a second line role. I hope he doesn't look out of depth in a first line role but I really don't know about this move. Playing him with our two best producers could be an anchor to them, or they could lift him up.

The second line looks pretty good.

Clifford has one job on that line. Get to the front of the net and create space for Kopitar and Carter.

Honestly, I think the change in the lines might be to give Richards a hand. He is getting the two most reliable wingers on the team. Carter is no slouch, but the combo of Brown/Williams will give Richards added confidence that he doesn't have to carry the line and produce all of the setups for Carter.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
This thread is setting us up for some major crow if we lose.

Ribbing Anaheim all year with #firstroundexit will haunt us forever if we bow out and they win a round, too.

Just win, Kings. You have all the tools to repeat.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
This thread is setting us up for some major crow if we lose.

Ribbing Anaheim all year with #firstroundexit will haunt us forever if we bow out and they win a round, too.

Just win, Kings. You have all the tools to repeat.

I don't agree. Of course we are hyping up our team, this is the Kings message board. If anyone is going to the Blues forum or the main board and hyping the Kings there then yeah, those guys/gals can eat crow if we lose, but this is, in theory, just meant to be talk amoungst us Kings fans and really, who here is saying we'll sweep them again? Most are saying 6-7 games, which is showing a lot of respect.

The Blues fans who have made the effort to come over to our board and have a multipage debate on why their team is better than/equal to the Kings are the ones setting themselves up to eat crow.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I don't agree. Of course we are hyping up our team, this is the Kings message board. If anyone is going to the Blues forum or the main board and hyping the Kings there then yeah, those guys/gals can eat crow if we lose, but this is, in theory, just meant to be talk amoungst us Kings fans and really, who here is saying we'll sweep them again? Most are saying 6-7 games, which is showing a lot of respect.

The Blues fans who have made the effort to come over to our board and have a multipage debate on why their team is better than/equal to the Kings are the ones setting themselves up to eat crow.

Exactly. This is the equivalent of a bunch of friends talking smack about the other team in your living room. We're free to say what we want, how we want to and not feel bad about it. This is our house. Come to our door and try to sell us on your bill of goods, but don't be upset if we're not buying it. Go home or move onto the next house.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00