OT: 2013 red sox/mlb thread part XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Been a few weeks since we had the pitching conversation. Lester is still pitching lights out and Buchholz is back as good as ever. Safe to assume Lester will be the starter in the first game of the playoffs. Buchholz should get the nod in game two.

I would go:

1. Lester
2. Buchholz
3. Lackey
4. Peavy

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Been a few weeks since we had the pitching conversation.

True.

My rotation looks like this:

Lester
Lackey - home/road splits pretty clear ; has to start @ Fenway
Buch
Peavy
Lester

Possible LCS then works like this: Buch (home), Lackey (home), Lester, Peavy, Buch, Lackey (home), Lester (home)

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Seattle is just a catastrophe now...manager just quits because he was hung out to dry after his health scares. So the Red Sox better make sure they win one of the last two games.

Really strange how Oakland has so many former Red Sox contributing: Crisp, Lowrie, Moss, Colon.

A Red Sox-Indians ALDS would be just fantastic for the Francona storyline. Please God, let that happen.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
3way wild card tie screws Texas, Cleveland plays Tampa loser plays Texas, winner plays the first winner in the WC game, Texas gets one shot for two wins the other two could lose a game and they would not be gone.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Haven't been able to post as much as I like, but holy jumping is this team ****ing something or what?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jerry Crasnick @jcrasnick
#Redsox have shown the most interest in Jose Dariel Abreu, source says. He's been working out at their facility in D.R.

Hope Cherington gets it done. It's a risk but one worth taking.

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Jerry Crasnick @jcrasnick
#Redsox have shown the most interest in Jose Dariel Abreu, source says. He's been working out at their facility in D.R.

Hope Cherington gets it done. It's risk but one worth taking.

Beautiful.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
Rangers and Angels just played the 9th in pouring rain, no way they get through that inning in April or if neither of the teams were still in the hunt.

That said Rangers win, Rays losing 7-1 in the 6th. This is getting really interesting.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Still think it's hilarious the Sox have the best record in the Majors... Mazz predicted them having like 80 wins or something back in April?

To be fair to Mazz, 80-85 wins would've been a respectable turn around after last year. Not many people can say with 100% truth that they saw them being as good as they've been.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
As a Sidenote, I really hope Tampa fails again tomorrow and misses out. Awful fans, and I frankly cannot stand Joe Maddon.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
To be fair to Mazz, 80-85 wins would've been a respectable turn around after last year. Not many people can say with 100% truth that they saw them being as good as they've been.

Oh I'm not saying he's dumb or w/e for saying that. Just saying I was expecting less then that. I'm not a big baseball guy but I remember Felger and Mazz laughing and joking around predicting how many games they were going to win this year. Who would've thought nearly 100!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
As a Sidenote, I really hope Tampa fails again tomorrow and misses out. Awful fans, and I frankly cannot stand Joe Maddon.

Ever been to a game down there? I've been to two games in Tampa and they're so annoying. The whole cowbell thing, idk if you guys know about it but.... You'd be sitting there watching the game and it's like every Tampa pitch that's thrown for a strike and every good play they make you got people behind you dinging their cowbells in your ears a foot away..

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
If Clevland has a three way tie and get through to us, they play back to back before game 1(possibly 3 in a row) before they get us while we rest both days, they pitch there best two available and we could sweep them before they get a chance to even put there #2 pitcher out there.

Then Oakland and Detroit go 5 and there ace is not until game 3, we have a shot at great luck as far as pitching goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad