OT: 2013 red sox/mlb thread part XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
Anyone else surprised that Cleveland is still pitching Ubaldo today? They at least are in a tie breaker and they're playing one of the worst teams in the AL. I think I'd take my chances that someone else can get me the W and/or play the chances that one of TB or Tex (or both) lose so I can have my ace ready to go Wednesday.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Anyone else surprised that Cleveland is still pitching Ubaldo today? They at least are in a tie breaker and they're playing one of the worst teams in the AL. I think I'd take my chances that someone else can get me the W and/or play the chances that one of TB or Tex (or both) lose so I can have my ace ready to go Wednesday.

I think they rightfully just want to win today and figure if they make the ALDS that they have more guys rested, and that includes their bullpen.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Rooting for TEX and TB to win today, and CLE to lose, to make it interesting. 1 game playoffs galore!

Ultimately though, I would love a CLE/BOS ALDS. The stroylines there are things of movies.

Last edited:

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
So the BJ's startes mom is a Rays season ticket holder he goes .2 innings, Rays score 6 before the Jays even come to the plate.

Now a Texas win is needed.

Love how there all a hour apart start time, Nfl will get there games done then Cleveland then Texas.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Alverez no hitter though 8 at home but 0-0, Marlins have 6 outs to get him a run, he has a low pitch count and may just throw ten no hit innings today.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Bases loaded wild pitch by Detroit to give the Marlins Alverez a no hitter with 2 outs in the ninth Alverez was on deck to watch it.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Just when you think you have seen everything in baseball...someone like that happens.

On another note....I have absolutely no confidence in any of Boston's RP except for Uehera.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Game 163 tommorow in Texas, even if we get the Rays we get Price and Moore games 3 and 4, Buchh and Peavy face them.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Game 1 - Friday @ Boston
Game 2- Saturday @ Boston
Game 3- Monday @ WC
Game 4- Tuesday @ WC
Game 5- Thursday @ Boston

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
So MWB has hit about .150 since he's been back with no walks. Bogaerts for playoffs please.

Try .276 with 11 BB to 38 walks in 145 AB's since being recalled, but don't let facts get in the way.

He's aroudn your splits in the last wek, but overall since he was recalled in August, he's been fine.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i'm guessing mwb should be wmb?

he's been ok. more walks fewer strikeouts. still not a fan of his approach and don't think it makes him more than an average player.

acr*

Because of the way the rotations sorted out in the end of the year, we'll either face Yu Darvish, Matt Moore, or Ubaldo Jimenez in game 1 on Friday.

What happened to the Division Winner getting the advantage? By not starting the ALDS until Friday, the Wild Card will get to pitch their aces twice in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad