Prospect Info: 2013 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Yeah. We've been drafting a lot out of the NCAA, plus we've been nabbing character guys like Bus and Gabriel. Not necessarily guys that can hit the net but can hit someone else.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
been told we expect other teams (esp. Blues) to play us rough.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Dean Blais is such a good coach that he can even make Omaha, NE a sexy destination for top recruits. He's building a very good program down there.

Not yet he hasn't. He is getting some good players but they have fallen apart in March the last 3 seasons and haven't made any postseason noise since he has been there.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Not yet he hasn't. He is getting some good players but they have fallen apart in March the last 3 seasons and haven't made any postseason noise since he has been there.

Look at his recruits. Guentzel, Peterson, Snuggerud, Randolph and Spinner are all very good young players joining the program. With the exception of Guentzel, the rest won't be on board until next season...but they are all very highly touted youngsters. I might be a little biased because I've been following these kids since they were Squirt-age (played with or against my son).

He has 6 players on his roster for this season that have been drafted. Not bad for a program that attained D-1 status just 5 years ago.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Omaha has been D1 in hockey since 1999. And I didn't say they don't have some good players, but having good players doesn't make you a good program. Winning does and in his time there, they have not done that, especially down the stretch when in matters.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Omaha has been D1 in hockey since 1999. And I didn't say they don't have some good players, but having good players doesn't make you a good program. Winning does and in his time there, they have not done that, especially down the stretch when in matters.

You're right...my bad. Dean Blais has been there for 5 years.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
For me:

1. Suter
2. Coyle
3. Brodin

Coyle probably because I've met him and he signed my jersey. Seems like a nice guy.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
For me:

1. Koivu/Granlund
2. Parise
3. Brodin/Suter

HM to Rupp. For some reason I really like the guy.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
For me:

dylan-o.gif

1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

Because he spits hot fire.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
For me:

1. Koivu/Granlund
2. Parise
3. Brodin/Suter

HM to Rupp. For some reason I really like the guy.

This is pretty close to my list. My HM goes to Konopka though, because he has a cute bunny.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
My list?

1. Spurgeon
2. Koivu
3. Mitchell/Veilleux

HM to Konopka. His off-ice behavior, bunny and general awesomeness make up for his ineffectiveness on-ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad