Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Top Shelf Prospects: Minnesota Wild

http://lastwordonsports.com/top-shelf-prospects-minnesota-wild-2/

Top Shelf Prospects: Minnesota Wild

Parise and Suter signed long-term deals in Minnesota, they shouldn’t have been expected to turn around a club that was near the bottom of the league overnight. The growth of the prospects and the contributions they can make to the Wild have already begun as Jonas Brodin showed to be NHL ready and was a finalist for the Calder Trophy, while Charlie Coyle spent most of the season with the big club, playing in 42 games including playoffs. Given the short nature of the last NHL season, I think that these two have made their mark and am considering them graduated for this report.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
After following Nino for the past two months now...he seems like a good kid. And I hope what he brings to the lineup is exactly what we need- a large body with a scoring knack/touch. I don't need him to become a 40+ goal scorer. The team needs another guy that can score 25+ goals.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
After following Nino for the past two months now...he seems like a good kid. And I hope what he brings to the lineup is exactly what we need- a large body with a scoring knack/touch. I don't need him to become a 40+ goal scorer. The team needs another guy that can score 25+ goals.

Did you watch him in the WHC? I've heard he was amazing there.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Did you watch him in the WHC? I've heard he was amazing there.

I did not get to watch him but I heard that exact same thing from many of the Swiss posters here, and those who got to watch.

His skating is fine. It's not great, but it's better than, say, Granny's. He's got a hell of a shot. In his draft class I believe Pierre thought he had the best shot in the draft.

Hopefully he slots in and gets to play with someone who can feed him. He isn't always pretty with his goals, in fact he almost never is, but he shoots everything and is accurate, and has that knack for just knowing where to be and finishing.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site

Parise and Suter signed long-term deals in Minnesota, they shouldn’t have been expected to turn around a club that was near the bottom of the league overnight. The growth of the prospects and the contributions they can make to the Wild have already begun as Jonas Brodin showed to be NHL ready and was a finalist for the Calder Trophy, while Charlie Coyle spent most of the season with the big club, playing in 42 games including playoffs. Given the short nature of the last NHL season, I think that these two have made their mark and am considering them graduated for this report.

I guess I missed that.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
You're #1's are from Finland, you're from Finland. Bad use of that line, my apologies.

Those two players also happen to be our 1C and top prospect ;) But yeah, them coming from Finland doesn't hurt.

Hoever, Haula and Bäckström are not even close to my Top 3.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
lou nanne

I heard Wild 7th round pick of 2012 Lou Nanne might not be with the gophers after his recent shoulder surgery and he plans to transfer. This sucks we could use him on the gophers.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Nanne confirms he's no longer going to the University of Minnesota
Yes, the rumors are true... I am trusting The Lord and His plan for me. Excited to see what my future holds.
BTltA02IgAEq6JV.jpg

Um, okay.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
hmm...interdesting. canada is like a cult...someone should rescue him.

OpRedDawn*

The narcissism in posts / letters like that never ceases to amaze me.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
it's a very strange way to go about it... but I don't blame him for trying to prove himself elsewhere. It's gotta be tough to hear "you're only hear because of your grandfather" from fans.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
cynicism in full on mode: hope it really is him and not agent advice.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
are we going to see dumba break his 57 point career high from two seasons ago? or just a better rounded defender assuming he goes back to juniors

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Nanne was a reach so I'm not really expecting him to ever make the NHL other than maybe a token few games. Not a knock on him (well I guess you can't say that), but he was drafted because of his name, not his play.

That said, I like that he's doing his own thing. He had a very good year last year, not like Lucia, but he had some big games. He has the option to do something different, and if that makes him happy, so be it. If he plays for Michigan, that's not a bad thing. He seems like a heart and soul player and has a good head on his shoulders.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Hey can anyone tell me how Kurtis Gabriel from Owen Sound has looked in camp? Is he more likely to be sent down to the AHL or the OHL at this point? Hoping Minnesota's depth at the minor league level will push him down to junior for an overage season.

- Sincerely a concerned Attack fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->