Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Playoff Avatar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I was going to hold off on a poll because "the system" has no mock up yet, and it gives the other two an unfair advantage imo.

I'm also not 100% final on the LOTR one yet as well.

Hopefully grumpy cat wins, it would be the easiest at this juncture. :laugh:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Grumpy Cat is hilarious. I like the look of the 2nd frame. My only critique is that there's hardly any blue/red, though I know that would make a legible font more difficult. Well done.

*Bob Richards*

I was going to hold off on a poll because "the system" has no mock up yet, and it gives the other two an unfair advantage imo.

I'm also not 100% final on the LOTR one yet as well.

Hopefully grumpy cat wins, it would be the easiest at this juncture. :laugh:

I was told "anonymously" to make a poll so I did and meh meh blah blah this is where we are. :D

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Need more votes. I am sure more will flood in from the jinx crowd once they secure the 8th seed, or never if they do not.

Will try to make more mocks this weekend.

Edit: Or Bob/Zenith if you can edit or remove the poll since a vote is best done in a new thread with mockups for each choice.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I think LOTR has been done quite a few times on here over the years and don't really find it "original" anymore. Not that there is anything wrong with LOTR. Plus i am bias to Grumpy Cat :laugh:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I voted for my own "The System", but I approve of "Grumpy Cat".

:laugh: Hilarious mock-ups.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
That second one with the grumpy cat makes me want to vote for it 1,000,000 more times. Sam & Joe have a horrid record this season with regards to being jinxes.

"He hasn't scored in 22 games."

BAM! There he is getting two goals against Lundqvist.

"They 0-for-48 on the PP."

BOOM! Team scores 3 PP goals.

"Lundqvist has been pitching a shutout."

Lundqvist allows two goals.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Personally preferred LOTR, but voted Grumpy cat since it wouldn't shoe-horn people into something they didn't understand/weren't familiar with.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Whoever we play should use these, not us. The negativity is disgusting to have a group playoff theme. Sad to see the run of good HF-NYR playoff avatars end this year. :shakehead

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Whoever we play should use these, not us. The negativity is disgusting to have a group playoff theme. Sad to see the run of good HF-NYR playoff avatars end this year. :shakehead

You make them then.

Maybe we can do a theme where we Photoshop Torts' head on all the players since he is the backbone of this 8th place underachieving line-up of players who barely resemble last years team.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Personally preferred LOTR, but voted Grumpy cat since it wouldn't shoe-horn people into something they didn't understand/weren't familiar with.

Agree about LOTR, it's just not fair to people who have never been exposed to it.

The System is the best option for something relevant to this season. Grumpy cat is just a play on the negativity, which as much as some people may not like it, is a big part of this season.

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
You make them then.

Maybe we can do a theme where we Photoshop Torts' head on all the players since he is the backbone of this 8th place underachieving line-up of players who barely resemble last years team.

Sounds better than any of choices right now.

Really, I feel like too many of you hate the Rangers too much to get any traction going with a good Rangers playoff theme.

Edit: If I'm wrong, and people actually want a playoff theme that celebrates the team instead of mocking it I think something involving the trading deadline moves we made would have some potential.

Just a quick idea: History won't be made on paper (crossed out Gaborik), 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs (pic of new guy).
Or even pick a big name (or a few big names) on whatever team we're playing for the first part and then for the second part use one of our role player guys. Unfortunately this wouldn't allow people to utilize popular guys but I don't really care, that's all I've got right now

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Sounds better than any of choices right now.

Really, I feel like too many of you hate the Rangers too much to get any traction going with a good Rangers playoff theme.

Yeah we hate them. That's why we spend 3 hours every other night or so for months on end watching pre-games, bad games, good games, and post-games. Then on top of that spending countless hours on the boards talking about them.

You just have no concept of what it is like to exhibit emotion towards the team. You also think your way of being a fan is the only way and anyone else just "hates" the team or is being "negative."

If you don't like what people came up with, then make your own damn theme if you're such an awesome fan. Maybe you can find a sense of humor while you are at it since you disliked the alien theme last year and complained about them too.

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
Yeah we hate them. That's why we spend 3 hours every other night or so for months on end watching pre-games, bad games, good games, and post-games. Then on top of that spending countless hours on the boards talking about them.

You just have no concept of what it is like to exhibit emotion towards the team. You also think your way of being a fan is the only way and anyone else just "hates" the team or is being "negative."

If you don't like what people came up with, then make your own damn theme if you're such an awesome fan. Maybe you can find a sense of humor while you are at it since you disliked the alien theme last year and complained about them too.

Just threw an idea out there above. I didn't hate the alien theme, I just liked one of the other ones we had better. We've had a lot of good ones, in particular I really liked: It's just pain, Torts kind of guy.

*Bob Richards*

I like that our fan base is so self deprecating. It's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad