Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Playoff Avatar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

I'm in entirely on the Lord of the Rinks Avatar.

One with Hank looking at a puck with "You shall not pass!"

One of Nash's obscene highlight goals, with Stepan saying "That still only counts as one!"

One with Zucc "“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.â€

Cally "The men have found their Captain."

If we're playing Boston, a picture of Lucic and one of our guys remarking "They have a cave troll."

Hank getting his skates fixed up: Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

I can go on.

I loved every single one of these with the bolded being the best.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
It's definitely one of those things where you gotta bang out all three in one day, me and my friends tried it over Christmas break and we didn't start the first one until 10 PM, halfway through the second one I look up and it's 4 AM :laugh: but yeah I love these.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
- Boyle (Treebeard): Now, don't be hasty
- Torts(Gandalf): You fool of a Zucc!
- Some take on my sig(which I'm happy to give up if used)
- Garden mid circle salute: Praise them with great praise!
- Theoden/Callahan: Huge orc army assembled. Cally: "Let them come!"
- Hags and Zucc next to Boyle: "It's talking, Merry: The tree is talking!"
- Torts with Avery: "Leave now and never come back!"
- The Console centre: Someone says: "There is evil there that does not sleep"
- Torts/Gandalf: "Let the boardbearer decide". Sully (with board): "We shall dump to the corner". Torts: "So be it".
-Torts/Elrond: "Six Goalies. So be it. You shall be the fellowship of the rink"

esidebill

Jun 1, 2012
Long Island, NY
“There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power.” - Gandalf

Replace with system...

“There is only one Lord of the System, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power.”

Picture of Torts. Boom.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
- Picture with Zucc; “For the time will soon come when Hobbits will shape the fortunes of all.”

- A cheesy one with a picture of the cup; “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the Ages of this world alone.” (sorry)

- Torts; “The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.”

- Console Center: "The one place in America we don’t want to see any closer. And it’s the one place we’re trying to get to"

- Nash: "A wizard is never late… he arrives precisely when he means to."

- Hagelin: "Show us the meaning of haste"

- Picture of Hagelin with his flow: “I am no man!” (tongue in cheek ;)) Although this one probably works best as a gif with a picture of someone first saying "You fool, no man can kill me"

Meh, these are pretty bad but it's the ones I could think of right now...

Last edited:

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
I'm a fan of the LOTR theme, but would be ok with something else if people think it is too obscure.

Some additional thoughts for LOTR:

- "A day may come when the courage of men fails... but it is not THIS day. This day we fight!" (Said by Aragorn, so in terms of him being the king, it fits hank; but might be best for Cally; could also be an image from one of Clowe's fights).

- "The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time." (Cally/Hank/Torts/other as Gandalf; ready for playoffs).

--

For the system haters:

Torts: "One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Torts: "DUMP AND CHASE."

--

Torts (as Gollum): "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious!"
Next slide: NEEDS MORE JAM.

--

For the Boyle haters:

Torts (as Golem): "My precious!"
Next slide picture of Boyle: "Boyle gets 20 minutes of ice time!?! And PP minutes?"

--

For the Gabby trade haters:

Torts (as Smeagol): "Give us that, my love."
Gaborik (as Deagol): "Why?"
Torts (Smeagol): "Because its my birthday, and I wants it."
Gaborik (as Deagol): /killed by Torts/Smeagol.
Last slide: Torts/Smeagol with ring (jar of jam).

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I like "Stone Age Hockey" the most. Even with the great PS skills on this board, I'm afraid the LotR and Arnold themes will come out weird looking cropping in the players'/coaches' heads. It's also more open-ended which allows for more creativity when it comes to captions. I also like the self-deprecation aspect, but that is just personal taste.

Aliens worked out great because everyone just used one PS picture where Torts' face fit perfectly on Giorgio's head, and it was also very open-ended.

esidebill

Jun 1, 2012
Long Island, NY
I like "Stone Age Hockey" the most. Even with the great PS skills on this board, I'm afraid the LotR and Arnold themes will come out weird looking cropping in the players'/coaches' heads. It's also more open-ended which allows for more creativity when it comes to captions. I also like the self-deprecation aspect, but that is just personal taste.

Aliens worked out great because everyone just used one PS picture where Torts' face fit perfectly on Giorgio's head, and it was also very open-ended.

Why don't we just search knowyourmeme for a fairly easy to implement meme that has come out in the past year or so?

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I am voting for LOTR too. I love the Lucic/cave troll thing, especially since I pictured it with this:
images

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I thought they were great as well, however this still relies on you knowing the context in which the came from in order to really enjoy the cleverness.

This is true, but those movies were so popular when they came out, I think most people would understand the contexts.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I'm sorry, but Arnold is so much cooler than LOTR.

This is not even close to true.

Lord of the Rings is much cooler than most things, Schwarzenegger being no exception that rule.

Though this thread does a lot to explain why my joke when Zuccarello went down last year and I posted a picture of Jim Ramsay captioned with "This is beyond my skill to heal. He needs Elvish medicine," was so under-appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad